Tennis Ball Lipoma from my Neck - Miami, FL

ENT cancer surgeon said I shouldn't get lipoma...

ENT cancer surgeon said I shouldn't get lipoma from neck removed as it may cause more harm than good. It grew and now two yrs later I went back and it had grown to the size of a tennis ball.

Week later it's out and they also took out an enlarged lymph node, Initial biopsy negative, They also put in an Alloderm implant to counter the concave - very unsure about that, area is numb and seems as unsightly as the lump before ...

Still only a week out of surgery so we'll see. I am very happy its out and the large incision is in a fold that shouldn't be that noticeable ...

how long was recovery? did you have to take time off from work? I have one growing exactly where yours is growing and in the process of looking for a doctor in DFW Texas to remove mine. What was the pain level during and after recovery? Thank you for sharing your experience!
Looks great, you have a good looking result. The numbness I can live with, especially since I barely pay attention to my neck. Someone else spotted it on me before I did, glad they did though. Other people said they noticed it but didn't want to embarass me by pointing it out. Thank goodness someone said something, it could have been cancerous! Thankfully it doesn't look like it is. Thanks so much for the updated photo and the luck.
Hi - no issues other than some numbness around where the implant lies. I've updated another picture so you can see that at 6 months the scar looks pretty good.
Good luck!!!
UofM Hospital (Dr, Civantos)

He is a well known and well respected ENT Cancer Surgeon. He was recommended by a physician who had been his resident, Excellent bedside manner and you just know he's a bad ass!