New Life, New Me, New Kind of Happy: Rhinoplasty - Miami, FL

Hello Real Selfers!!!! I am on this ultimate...

Hello Real Selfers!!!!

I am on this ultimate high on life. I think I figured out the secret to happiness....just go for what you want at whatever cost. I have been doing this for the past couple of months and I cannot begin to explain how much my life has changed for the better. I am removing all toxicity that pollutes my mind on an everyday basis and turning it to a positive; from the people that I deal with to the thoughts that run through my mind.

Why am I considering plastic surgery you ask? Why not?! Plastic surgery is another form of body modification which is what I'm all about. Aren't we all to some degree? From cutting to coloring our hair, getting tattoos and piercings, shaving, dieting....we do all these things to modify ourselves to our definition of beauty, so why not plastic surgery.

One thing that irritates me is when people tell me that I shouldn't hate myself to the point of getting plastic surgery. Ummm....who said I hated myself. I just want my body to look the way I want it to look. As a hardworking single mother of three kids, I could say that I am blessed with the opportunity to be able to make those kind of changes with cosmetic surgery.

One of the biggest issues I've had throughout most of my life is my nose. I have no issues with the bridge of my nose but the bulbous tip has to go (thanks Dad for your strong genes. lol) Thanks to this bulbous tip, it takes 10,000 pictures to get that one picture that I can tolerate enough to post on Facebook. I want a more feminine nose that will let me smile as big as I want to without fear of my nose overbearing the look on my face.

I came across my ideal doctor (Dr. Michael Salzhauer) who is well known for his amazing rhinoplasty results. After taking a look at his online gallery, I am convinced that he is the doctor that I need. After speaking to him, it's confirmed that I am finally following through on this. January 15th baby!!!! I am so serious about this that it's been 3 weeks and a day that I quit smoking. That is a miracle in itself considering the fact that I have been a 1 - 2 pack a day chain smoker for the past 10 years.

I am so excited and I wanted to share my experience with others in hopes that it will help motivate others to pursue their definition of beauty and happiness. I know the road ahead is not going to be all peaches and cream, but I do know that in the end, something that I was always self conscious of will be a thing of the past.

Though I am constantly on this website, I have to...

Though I am constantly on this website, I have to admit that I have been slacking a lot about writing my own experience. Just to give you a quick update on what's been going on with me and my plastic surgery journey, my surgery was pushed back to April for now because I need to gain more weight for the other procedure I am getting done (brazilian butt lift). Also I started smoking again which is no bueno. I don't know how I lasted almost a month without smoking but I need to get on that mojo again.

I Finally Have A Date To Meet My New Nose....Woo Hoo!!!

So after going through a lot of things going on with my life, I decided now is the best time to commit to doing something for myself. I've been holding off on the surgery for over a year and it's time I stop doing that. I'm not afraid of getting the surgery done because I know with Dr. Salzhauer, I'm in good hands. I've seen it with my own eyes with many other people. I guess I was worried about being out of commission too long (since I am having multiple surgeries) and me being a single mom could make things difficult in my household. But I have friends in my area now that are willing to help so I am a little relieved and feeling extremely blessed. My surgery date is October 28th. I have to get my pre-op exam done along with some other things. I can't deny, I suck when it comes to making appointments and keeping them considering that I hate going to see a doctor unless it's absolutely necessary. But the way that I see this...this is absolutely necessary. I'm sick of looking at my nose and taking a million and one pictures and deleting them because I didn't like the angle of my nose. I can't wait until Dr. Schnoz makes a masterpiece out of my schnoz!!!!

Is It Really Sinking In?

I can't believe in a matter of weeks I'm finally going to get my nose fixed by one of the best plastic surgeons out there! A lot of people are asking me if I am nervous about getting it done and when I think about it, I truly am not nervous at all which makes me wonder: is it really sinking in my mind that this is really going to happen? The answer is HELL YEAH!!!! That's why I am not nervous at all! I lived my life being nervous when it came to my nose. Whenever I would be talking to someone I like face to face, I would get nervous thinking from what angle they see my nose and how bad does it look from their point of view. Nervous is when someone takes a picture of me and I don't know if they are catching my nose at the right angle. That is why I am the Queen of Selfies Pics. I would be nervous everyday wondering am I ever going to truly love my face or finally give in to society's BS about forcing yourself to love your imperfections. Screw that!!! I don't have to learn to love anything I don't love and anything you have to force yourself to love, you truly don't. You're just brainwashing yourself.

I hate broccoli...with a passion. As much as I try to force myself to eat broccoli, though I can convince myself to eat it, it doesn't take away from the fact that my raw feelings towards it is that it taste disgusting. It would never be my first, second or millionth choice of food to eat. I don't want to "accept" my nose for what it is. I'm not one to accept something for what it is when I can change it. That's why plastic surgeons exist and for me, that's why Salzhauer exists. He can turn the ugliest nose into a work of art. Maybe it's not just the fact that the surgery is right around the corner that I am not nervous but because it's Dr. Salzhauer that is doing it that gives me the real ease at mind.

I know firsthand how Dr. Salzhauer feels about plastic surgery, especially when it's rhinoplasty. He knows what it feels like to have a nose you dislike and the effect it has on a person's perception of their self image. That is why he tries to get a full picture in his mind of what the patient envisions and he would be completely honest on whether he can achieve the look or not. I would always prefer a doctor who can be straight up with me than sell me a dream any day of the week.

I am beyond happy that I am weeks away of finally having Salzhauer as my surgeon. It's been 7 years wishing (since I first heard of him), over a year of knowing that it could be done and now 2 1/2 weeks before it's actually going to happen.

I know it's sort of taboo to some degree to admit one has had some work done but who am I kidding?! I'm going to shout it out, scream it out and let it be known to the world that my nose and body finally has been fixed! What is there to be ashamed of? Am I ashamed to tell people that the fire red in my hair is not my natural color? Or that my legs are smooth like a baby's butt because I shave? Or that I wasn't born with the dimples that I got from my cheek piercings? Nope! So what makes this any different? If anything I am proud to be getting plastic surgery because I was bold enough to make a change with myself and I don't settle for anything that is less than my own liking. Not everyone can do that, so any of you ladies who are on here should be proud as well because we ALL are some bold take charge women and that is something to be very proud of. And don't get frustrated by the naysayers in your life. If anything, pity them because they have to continue to convince themselves to love something they really don't. (A moment of silence for the not so go-getters who are in denial and will continue living life accepting only what is given to them and will hate on those who have heart that they wish they had....AMEN!!!!) Ladies, if any negative Nancys are bringing you down, don't hesitate to contact me to counteract the BS!!! This is your choice and your choice only! I would never convince you to proceed with a procedure if you changed your mind on your own but I will not let you be convinced by someone else to change your mind. Get it? Got it? Good!!!!

Blood Work Done Today

Today I was supposed to do my medical clearance with Dr. Aquinin at Dr. Salzhauer's office but I couldn't do it because I didn't have enough funds for it (I didn't realize I overspent the day before. ARGH!) But I did have enough money to get blood work done at least. I must say it is such a convenience that there is a doctor available on Wednesdays at Dr. Salzhauer's office to do medical clearances. It saves you the hassle of finding one yourself. Talk about a true one stop shop. The fact that I only live two blocks away from the office is an even bigger perk for me. =) So excited. Less than two weeks.....

CLEARED!!!!

Went to my medical clearance appointment today. It was supposed to be with Dr. Aquinin but instead I went to Dr. Kirschner. I've been cleared ladies!!!! Woo hooo!!!! Medically cleared...haven't been smoking....surgery is one week away (oh btw, surgery has been moved to Oct 30th) I can't believe how close I am to making this happen. You have no idea how long I have wanted Dr. Salzhauer to be my surgeon. For 7 yrs I researched everything I could about this man and I even worked for him at one point. For me, especially when it comes to rhinoplasty, there's no other option but Dr. Salzhauer. When one is this sure about their choice in surgeon there is no room for nervousness because your heart, mind and soul is full of nothing but excitement and happiness.

3 More Days!!!

This is the last weekend with this nose!!!! Woo hoooo!!!!! I can't believe it. I'm ready, ready ready....did I mention.....READY!!!! lol. Sorry, I'm a bit excited. lol.

My nose 9 days post op

Before & After pics

Some before and after side by side shots to see the big difference. So happy with the results and it's not even done yet. Yaaaaay!

Frontal Nose Before & After Pic

Falling More and More In Love With My New Nose

I feel so complete now that I have my nose fixed. I now have more options of angles to use for pictures. No more photoshopping my nose in pictures. No more hiding my face with I let out a big cheesy smile. With time, my nose is gradually looking better and better each day. I swear it's like taking a whole year to unwrap a Christmas present. lol. With the results that I am seeing, for once I have the patience to wait for the end results.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

I chose Dr. Salzhauer after 6 yrs of researching him online, befriending him on Facebook and now that I work for him and see with my own eyes the outcomes of his work (along with his passion to teach people the beauty of beauty) , i could not imagine even considering another doctor. I believe and trust him wholeheartedly.