Pre Op with Dr. Mendieta Tomorrow BBL - Miami, FL

I'm so nervous!! I got my medical clearance today....

I'm so nervous!! I got my medical clearance today. I'm 5-8" weigh 183lbs have a one year old son and can't wait for my new body/ butt.

Dr. M is SO nice and his staff are so sweet. They are organized and have a system in place.

Yes he's expensive but if u had one shot at this wouldn't u want the best of the best?

Thanks to this site I was able to learn about him and I've seen a lot of girls with AMAZING results. Although I've read that some of them aren't fully happy but they still look great!

Dr. M told me i have a GREAT figure and lots of fat. I've never been as excited about my fat until that day. The state of Florida regulates surgeons to a 4Liter max removal of fat. That's like 2 double liters of diet coke.

Since I'm not petite or skinny nor did I have to gain weight for the sx I was concerned that he couldn't work magic with my body. I know I have more than 4ltrs of fat and I have to compromise where I want his focus to be.

Thru this surgeon journey / search I actually had a doctor say to me once that he was "the only doctor in Miami that aggressively removed fat up to 7-8 litters if necessary.." MAJOR red flag! Could be a pitch but that's malpractice. BE CAREFUL AND DON'T SETTLE FOR LESS.

Dr. M was straight forward, sweet, super friendly, beautiful office and awesome staff. If any of u girls consider Dr. Mendieta and need medical clearance go to Florida Family Center. Dr. M's receptionist will give u 2 options. The other place (forgot name) is like $600 ..that expense is unnecessary. Florida Family Center were the cheapest and very very nice. Down fall they are in the middle of like little Havana but if u go early u should be fine with traffic. Also they did everything STAT for $ 205. if u go in advance its $190 for full medical clearance.

My sx is this Friday 5/24/13 and I was lucky to get in an opening this quick.

When I went the first time while u wait for dr. Mendieta I had to pay $100 consultation fee. But that goes towards sx. They take naked pictures of u.. front, back and side views with a professional camera. It's uploaded to this huge touchscreen in your private room. When Dr. M comes in he reviews the pictures with u and actually shows u an imagery of what he will do.. Kinda like photoshop. Pretty cool.

I've researched many many docs and I see Dr. M is compared a lot to Dr. Salama but I don't think salama results looks as natural and I don't care if he's cheaper his work cannot compare to what I've seen Dr. M do.

Anyway I will be TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY HONEST with my results. In the meantime pray for me.

I also posted some before pictures of myself :)

Ps if u are looking for home care and you're coming out of state of live here PLEASE PLEASE find someone like a friend or family member. I wasn't sure if my sister could help and I asked the girls at the offc for home care nurse info. They gave me Esther Guerra's number. Although she was extremely nice and willing to accommodate on short notice.. She was around the bush about her price. I felt like she was trying to milk it and even said she would charge more because its Memorial Day weekend. Lol that's stupid! I get it that many people are willing to overspend and Dr. M is in Coconut Grove but I'm not rich! I told her that I was on a budget and she was like "it's going to be a couple hundred bucks.." um no thanks!!

Remember Dr. Mendieta is (if not the best) one of the top plastic surgeons in Miami. He is successful for a reason. You HAVE to tell him what u want and if he can he will try.

Please feel free to comment.

Team Mendieta!

Best of Luck & Prayers!!!
Thank u sooo much!
Congratulations and best wishes! I will be prayong for you tonight and plz post pics as soon as u feel strong enuf ok and remember you're just as beautiful as u r presently! Be blessed!

I had my BBL sx this morning with Dr. Mendieta

I can't say this enough. Dr. Mendieta IS SOOO NICE AND CARING OF HIS PATIENTS. I'm very big on humanity and to feel like my doc really cares about me is important. I was getting nervous before surgery and he gave me a huge hug. His staff all are soooo sweet and on their A game. Very VERY VERY professional. I have no complaints of him or his staff during this journey so far. (Well just one but I will get to that in a bit).

IM IN SOO MUCH PAIN. LAYING on my stomach gives me relief. I stood up 3xs to walk or pee and I almost fainted. But when I lay I'm ok. IM SO SWOLLEN I LOOK LIKE PATRICK FROM SPONGE BOB!

This morning my sis dropped me off at sx center (same place of his office different building) they took me in and Dr. M drew on me. The black marker was for adding fat and red marker was for removing. His staff cleaned me up and his anesthesiologist was by my side the whole time. His nurses cracked jokes with me and I am very happy with the way they made me feel. When dr. M was drawing on me it gave me time to ask his some additional questions although in my pre op his awesome nurse Valerie answered most of them for me.

I can't tell u what I look like yet but will try to put a pic up of it soon.

When u make ur decision to pick Dr. M you are assigned a "patient coordinator" and eventually a "nurse coordinator".

The patient coordinator schedules initial and sx appointments and arranges your payment.

Your nurse coordinator sends u paperwork and prescriptions and answers most questions for u.

My patient coordinator was Jenny. She was very nice BUT this is my ONLY COMPLAINT so far. She talked too fast (both English and Spanish) and even though I asked her A GAZILLION TIMES what are my expected costs other than the doc and sx she didn't tell me the truth!

She's had the bbl done too and told me not to worry about the numbers because she would tell me.

Because I saw on this site complaints from other girls on the additional costs not outlined I made it a point to ask and still got no straight answer.

Doc fee was $ 9850

Additional Costs:

Medical clearance STAT $ 205 but if done in advance & not last minute like me its $190

Garment $218 (she said it was included in my 9850 which is NOT true and u can buy this online.. Literally the same exact one for 178!!!!) I will post link later with style number.

Soap and non prescriptions, vitamins, diapers, sheets, gauze, .. Another $250

You have to buy this thing called DSMO and the pharmacy they send u to is the only place that sells it for like $58 bucks! Search online in advance and save ur money. The pharmacy I was sent to is called coconut grove pharmacy. People there are nice too.

Prescription medicines is another cost and I was lucky to get that covered by insurance. That can be another 250-300 bucks.

Then you have gas expense, tolls and time off work not paid if ur not on salary like me.

I love my experience with Dr. M and his offc so far. I don't mind paying for the things I need. I just like straight answers so I can prepare in advance. Like i said im not rich. I mean some of the overpriced items I could've ordered online and save a penny or two if I knew in advance. I promise to help my sisterhood who need these pointers.

I'm going to eat some crackers now feeling wheezing and I will update soon. Thanks for reading.

Happy healing!
thank u sweetie. im in the worst part now. pain is horrific! all worth it tho!!!
Oh that is so kind of you! Thank you so much. I hope your not in too much pain! I will check back to see how your are healing. Take care :)

The pain is horrible. Day 2 of sx with Dr. Mendieta

This pain is the worst that I ever felt.

....and CONGRATULATIONS YOU DID IT!!!
Praying for your renowned strength and healthy healing....u can do it!!!

Bbl sx day 3 the worst pain ever.

Yesterday i threw up 4 times. Every time I got up I almost fainted. The pain is horrible
I can't stop crying

Wishing that you start to feel better really soon. Hang in there.
Awwe im sorry but either dble up in ur meds or take sn Alieve cause that last for twelve hrs. Feel better heres a hug catch...ooooxo ur bbl susta frm calli.

Day 4 of sx I had my stitches removed.

I didn't see the doc today it's Memorial Day. I had 14 stitches removed by the nurse and it stung. I have to go back tomorrow afternoon to get the drainages removed. These damn things hurt so bad I will put up a pic. I have one coming out of my belly button, 1 from butt crack and 3 from vajayjay.

Pain IS HORRIBLEEEEEE. Ice packs helps. Got stronger rx for meds today. Thank u all for the prayers.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I meant 1 from vajayjay (see pics)

This is not at all glamorous. Ps sorry I'm out of it coz meds

Omg 2 from vajayjay u see I'm out of it

See pics I'm swollen n bruised

Thank you for updating! You are looking great! Hope the stronger pain meds help you :) Jenny is my coordinator too. She is very efficient and prompt but I had a hard time understanding as well. I am going to just plan on nothing being included outside of the actual surgery just in case so I am not surprised either. Thank you for letting us know!

Will post more as swelling goes down

Garment used by dr. Mendieta

They say buy 2 garments but I can't afford it. The doctors office uses the one I put picture of. They charged me $218 but you can buy the same one at this link for $178

Thanks for the update! Hope the stronger meds are providing you with some relief. My surgery is tomorrow!!!!
You're welcome. We'll keep in touch. Make sure they give you ur DSMO oil back when done with sx. In case ur mom or anyone u trust needs to massage you. It's supposed to promote blood circulation. They haven't returned mine but I will ask for it tmw. G' luck and ur in great hands. Praying for you.

I hate my situation right now

I'm a very independent person and hate having to rely on others to help me, take care of me and the hardest part is not being able to pick up my son. I'm frustrated today.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

The garment is really tight around my butt

and loser around my waist and lower back

where can u get the DMSO >
The only place in Miami (from what I was told by Dr. Mendieta's office) is called The Coconut Grove Pharmacy. They make it in house. Nice little shop. Phone number 305-442-0211 $58.00 Search online though if u have time and maybe u can find it cheaper.

Booty by mendieta day 5

Swollen bruised no garment and ready to shower!! Yaaaah! Oh and drainages come out today.

Yes it's a bit confusing with her. Anticipate an additional 1000-1500 more on expenses. Let me know if u need my list to help u save some money. Thanks too for the compliment :)

Drainages removed and stitches too

Dr. Mendieta's offc was super packed today. He's leaving out of town and i had to wait almost 2 hrs to see him. Not big deal being that i almost passed out twice, cant lay anywhere and my sister is very vocal on her opinion. Anyway there is people from all over the world to see him. Dr. Mendieta is always so patient and nice but the nurse was the one that removed my drainages. I SCREAMED SO LOUD and cried like a fool. I'm sure everyone heard. The one coming from your butt crack or belly button isn't as bad as the 2 coming from the crotch area I could feel it coming out of my stomach. Writing this makes me sick thinking of it. Anyway, I can shower now and will sleep tonight without garment. Hope y'all bbls sisters are doing ok.

You had ur surgery just 2 days after I had mine... I feel your pain... It's intolerable
Reading your experience so far is being very helpful to me. I called today but no return call but really looking forward and following all your suggestions for when I received my phone call. I live in Gainesville, Fl and I think it's going to be worth it to this doctor. Keep hanging you are doing great. Thanks
hi girl, how do you like your results so far? I had my butt done in 2010 by Mendieta, I like it but wish He gave me more volume and projection... Going for 2nd time with somebodyelse time time, doing re-search. Good luck!

My butt is HUGE and hard like a rock! lol

I am in A LOT of pain still. Maybe its just me because I am a woss. Doc says he put 1200 cc's in each butt!! Thats a big bootay for me. Although Im in bed rest, cant move and not eat much (meds make u feel sick) i LOOOOVE my results so far. I did do something dumb. I had the garment on yesterday and it was toooo tight around my butt and hips (where I obviously had fat added) so I'm worrying about losing fat life and then my right leg was going numb - no one was here to help me so I cut the damn thing off of me. It hurt to throw away all that money but i wasnt going to compromise my health or results. long story short i find it COMPLETELY UNECCESSARY to buy 2 garments like the doctors offc suggests. BIG WASTE OF MONEY. If it fits you well, wash it and wear again. Another thing... I dont like their garments I think they hinder the fat survival on your butt with too much compression. SO I'm going to try a place that custom makes them for the same (maybe less) price that Dr. M's offc charged me.

i know boo. this sucks i walk thinking i feel ok coz of the meds then i get light headed and feel like passing out
thanks Jakitak! I'm glad I could help. Keep calling them until you reach someone. Persistence when you want to get your dream body is worth it.. He is an amazing doctor and I love my results so far.. (bigger hips and butt) the pics Ive posted are of me banged up but I will show you new ones as the swelling and bruising goes down. If you are coming from that far know that you will have to take a couple days in town before and after for your arrangements, blood-work, consultation, med and rx runs.. tell them you cant schedule your appts to far out either. they will make it happen for you. Dr. Mendieta has a great team. Great service so far ... bad garments (in my opinion).

BEFORE YOUR BBL BUY A CUP WITH HANDLE TO PEE IN

I FORGOT TO TELL YOU ALL THIS IMPORTANT INFO.

Look I know it sounds crazy but I couldn't squat, refused to sit and was in so much pain the best thing was to grab a cup with a handle on it (we call it a "jarro") The little slit under the garment lets u pee right in it and thats it... pee free of pain ;)

Lmao!! Thats so true and too funny! Whn i was caring for my friend who dr j performed her surgery....on her first evening after surgery she wanted to tinkle and we both looked like ohhhh shoot and u grabbed a coffee cup out pf the kitchen cabinet and told her to let it rip bby girl cause that garmet wasnt coming off til we seen dr j's nurse.
Hahaha that's what I'm talking about. Coffee cups, pots, bowls.. Anything but squat and save those fat cells. Lol I like dr. J work I thought of using him before dr. M but he was booked until sept 2014 for consultation only.. They weren't very friendly either. Kept repeateding the whole "he's featured on tiny show".. Woopie doo sooo can't speak with the dude in A year and some months from now? Ta ta.
Yes but believe me it gets better by day 6 .. You can start walking... They put a catheter in me to be able to pee and was painful when they took it out...but ur results look very similar to mine :) the butt is pretty stiff right now. I also want to find another garment I feel there is a lot of pressure towards the butt. Hang in there... Now I'm 8 days out I'm able to walk around for a little bit.

1 week from my BBL and I can't believe this is my body!

I don't know where to start. I'm still in a lot of pain. Tolerable but bad where I can't bend or get out of bed without squealing like a pig. I wobble when I walk and the bruising and swelling is bad. BUT MY BODY IS BANGING!! See pics. Yeah the size will go down and blah but I love my shape and butt I can't believe it's my body!
Only time will tell how long it will last and how my final 6 months results will be but I will be sure to post. Also, I still have NO GARMENT which worries me. Doc said they will exchange for me which is really nice of them but I have to drive all the way to Miami on Monday (when I need to get back to work) and then find a seamstress to adjust the top. Won't bore you all anymore but for the record I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THEIR GARMENTS, THEY STRAIGHT UP OVER PRICE AND OFFER NO OPTIONS FOR U TO SHOP FOR OTHERS GARMENTS MORE FITTING SINCE EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AAAND it could've been included in his price since your spending that amount of money. I also find it ridiculous that they tell clients to buy 2... What size will you be after surgery? Exactly.. No one knows until its done. They measure your body pre-op for garment. Can someone please tell me how that makes sense? Thanks bbl sisters.

Oh one more thing. I asked "what undies do I wear since my old ones don't fit and I don't want to mark up my skin ".. The girl's response was "the granny types u wear when ur on ur period..."

I'm very confused! So sleeping with no undies and no garment..

Hi I am now 5 days post ... and omg I relate to u w a couple of things .... I have a 16 month old son that has no clue y I am distancing myself from him .. he wants me and it bothers me that I can't pick him up hug him etc.. my dr office gave me the wrong garment wen I got home to change into it the butt was not cut out as the original one was ... so I cut it and it didn't turn out to great whomwhomp ... your body looks great.. taking a long drive to the office tom 2hrs away for my post is worries me ...I don't want to sit on my butt ... I had no drains which I'm happy about but I have a pocket of fluid accumulated near my jj ... hope all is well today
Hey girl. Reading your comments. I am seeing Dr. M on Aug 6th for BBL. Also, I wonder if this will work as well as your cup? http://www.amazon.com/Kristas-Cups-pStyle-Orange/dp/B002AA8G4K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=199LAKS1GSN0O&coliid=I4MN8LEA3V1XY How did you know what size of compression garment to get? Thank you so much for posting your pics (no matter if you think they are tmi...love it!). you look awesome. feel better sweetie.
Hi bbm how are you feeling thus far?

Going to ER HOSPITAL

Because both legs are swollen (thighs and knees) my right leg hurts a lot and Dr. M offc said they want to make sure I don't have a clot. Please pray for me.

Im keeping u in my prayers as well. Elevate your feet n legs and did the doctor give u stockings for your legs to ptevent swelling?
Are you okay hon? Praying for your healing and waiting for the good news.
OMG, we will be praying!! Hope everything goes well.

I'm back and OK NO CLOT THANK GOD

Thank you all for ur support. This site has been amazing in my journey and I want to thank all you anonymous women who are on this site to support each other and not tear one another apart.

Turns out I'm having typical swelling and normal PO pain. ER doc said I looked great and told me to keep mobile around the house :) I was supposed to see Dr. M today to follow up but I couldn't drive or get a ride (1-1/2 hr drive). You should've seen me on my way to hospital. Called cab told driver I just had surgery laid in back seat and sobbed the whole ride. Pretty pathetic site. The hospital did ultrasound of the veins in my legs and all is good thank God.

Dr. M offc has been amazing. They call me back no matter what time i leave msg w answering service and Valerie (nurse) is amazing. She calls me back within minutes. I asked Coleen (receptionist) For a doctors note for school/work and it was emailed to me within minutes.

Tommy (office manager) helped me with the replacement of my garment efficiently. I know that a lot of ppl find Dr. M to be pricey and I'm not sure how other doc
Offcs

Cont..

Damn thing cut off. Anyway not sure how other offcs work but my experience with dr. M and his team by far has been phenomenal and great quality.

I feel better today but when I lay down at night and get up to pee the pain in my groin and butt is horrible. It goes away after awhile but damn I'm over the pain!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Garment - what is a BBL girl to do?

I've been using one with cut out holes but was told by nurse that Dr. M hates them. Not sure why coz I haven't seen him to ask and she didn't know why either. Anyway, I gotta use something in the meantime. The price of garment was 13o at "fajas y mas" on 163 in north Miami but u can order same one on lipoexpress.com. It molds my body amazingly but leaves circles around my new butt. I was beginning to get circle bruises. Im getting replacement of garment from dr m shipped overnight after I paid 28 bux.

This is my conclusion. Garments play a huge result in final result. I'm getting nervous coz I know I'm in the early stage and NEED something and was worried I'm messing up my new body. I also don't want to go against what my doc suggests. I Just can't seem to understand how pressure against new butt helps.

SOOO whether u opt for butt out or not what I've done is stretch the butt part so much to the point I hear a little rip. I keep tugging at butt part to loosen it up like a pair of new shoes.

Will post pics soon. Swelling down a bit. I got on scale and weigh more than preop weight (assuming its water and swelling) butt is shrinking still big and still can't believe this ls my new shape and hips. Still happy about my decision :)

Yes had stockings. Thank u for ur prayers. Feeling better but still very swollen.
Hi sweetie. I'm back and ok! Thanks for checking in on me :)
So great! Happy healing.

Bruised and achey butt on day 13 of bbl

It seems to me that my butt is way more bruised now than after sx. It aches on one side. Feels warm when I lay down. If u look closely u can see the marks from the butt out garment. Got new one today. I'm all depressed feeling like I ruined my new expensive butt because of the stupid garment ordeal. Feeling like I killed all that fat. Look at the pics tell me what u think. I'm seeing doc on Friday.

Hi bmb! How r you today? Are you feeling stronger n stronger every day? Is the pain going away? Take care drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest.
Hi sweetie! I feel better but still some pain it's a different kind of pain tho. You know my son keeps me busy so I'm picking him up and stuff. I'm posting pics in a few mins would love for u to see how I love on week 3. Hope all is well with you and the boys. Xoxo
Thanks for the info I'm going to check him out!! But I have consultation with Mendieta in 2 weeks very excited!!!

Week 3 of my bbl

Well here we are at week 3 going on to week 4 and all is ok. i feel better but still sore from time to time. I stood in front of the mirror and with all the swelling and bruises and lumps tears filled my eyes because I couldn't believe this was my body! For the first time in my life I was happy with what my shape looked like. It's worth every penny. I haven't been eating so good tho and I had to sit to drive and for work. I try my best to avoid it but its part of life I have to sit. When I saw the doc he recommended I get massages and since the garment was causing some folding in my skin they gave me these foam pieces for me to wear. MASSAGES are so important I can't begin to tell you. Get it done ASAP and make sure it's an experienced masseuse. Check out my week 3 pics let me know your thoughts. Hugs sisters!

i am late too with viewing pics:( based off your review you are satisfied with your results. i will be following!
Gosh I'm late finding your blog! Wish I could see the photos that the other ladies saw... Hope you are still doing great!
You look fantastic :) I'm flying internationally to get a booty from him haha! Do you think it's worth getting insurance in case you need to go to ER? How much would that cost? Thanks BBM ;) x
Miami Plastic Surgeon