Totally Life Changing - Miami, FL

It's been about 5 days post surgery. Ibuprofen...

It's been about 5 days post surgery. Ibuprofen has been my best friend since the surgery. Also, my gums are bruised and the inside the roof of my mouth still feels raw. but the bleeding has stopped. I can floss my teeth now without bleeding and the stitches came out on their own. I went to a periodontist for this procedure to reshape the gum line, and I immediately noticed a difference in my smile. I would say that once the gums have turned their normal color, the teeth will look much better.

Sylvan Fain

Doctor was really good, I would recommend him to all my friends and family as well as anyone considering this procedure. He also says he will correct anything I am unhappy with post-op for free. Do the gum lift, It will change your life.

Hi, did he use a laser to do the gum lift? Your smile is beautiful :)
You paid $900 for this procedure? Your teeth look great. I just made an appointment for 2 weeks from now!
It sounds like a lot I know but I was tired of covering my hand with my mouth in pictures. A year later I still can't stop smiling :D I hope you can get this done.
Did u use your insurance
No, I paid out of pocket.
Thank You!
is that a crown lengthening or gum recontouring?
Crown lengthening.

Hi, I was just wondering if ou could help me out I've been told you need vaneers after gum lift surgery, is this true?

Not at all! The gum lift is just a procedure where the excess gum is surgically removed. It takes about 1 hour. I didn't need any veneers in my case, the teeth underneath were just covered and I hated my smile before but the gum lift itself should suffice in giving you the results you want.
Sometimes if the crowns of teeth are partially covered by gum tissue, you will need gum lift (A.K.A. Esthetic crown lengthening) to expose more of the tooth structure before you get veneers. If this is not performed before you get veneers, your teeth will look too short. Also if veneers are placed under the excess gums, you will have gingival inflammation. If gum lift is done after the veneers are placed, you will get a higher chance of gum recession and the results will not be the most esthetic, because the margins of your veneers will be exposed.

Oh congrats on getting this done! I'm sure right now it is way less than fun, but as you have already seen this is a procedure that can really improve a smile.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing & how things are looking to you!