Just Did It in Ft. Laud.

I had the procedure done yesterday and I am so...

I had the procedure done yesterday and I am so relieved. I had a great deal of anxiety about my decision. I am 47 years old and eat healthy and exercise often and do not have a weight issue. I could not get rid of the cellulite after trying mesotherapy, lasers, creams et al....I went for 3 consults and decided on Dr. Blinski in Miami. He was the most knowledgeable and made me feel very comfortable. I had my front, inner, outer and back of thighs and my lower butt area. He uses general anesthesia and I obviously didn't feel anything. I was worried how I would feel afterwards.

Yesterday when I came home I was a bit uncomfortable. I took extra strength tylenol and 1/2 of a pain pill. Before I went to bed I took the other 1/2 and some more tylenol and a sleeping pill. Today I am just sore - no pain. It's just sore getting up and down out of bed and sitting on the toilet. I'll keep you posted on my progress but so far so good and the procedure really wasn't bad

Miami Plastic Surgeon

I can't rate the after care yet because I just had the treatment yesterday. I chose Dr. Blinski after meeting with 2 other drs. in the area and he was the most knowledgeable.

Can you be so kind and share your before and after pictures? How do you feel about this procedure so far? Im considering Dr. Blinski but it being a new procedure its kinda scary and just wondering if your advice will help. Im afraid it will make it worst like lipo does sometimes. Thankyou!
Wondering how your recovery is going? 2 months was when my legs were touchable again, noticable results at 3 months. I am going to have my bum done by Dr. B in time for summer & was wondering if you noticed a difference in recovery from legs & if so, what was different? Thanks for sharing.
So glad you are going to have it done. You should note that I had so much anxiety over my decision.....I almost cancelled several times! I thought of some other things that may be helpful to you and others. After the procedure - the first 48 hours you have to pee alot! You are removing all the excess fluids and fat. You need to drink a lot of water and green tea. The hardest part is sitting on the toilet. I read someone used a funnel - kinda gross. I wish I had this donut thing that I had after my pregnancy. Its a blow up cushion shaped like a donut that goes on the toilet seat to make it comfortable. Try to get one of those!
Reading your post is a bit of a relief to me, thank you. I just need to carry on with things until the day comes. I look at my backside every now and then to remind myself why I've chosen to do this. I don't regret my TT, I know I will be saying the same about this. I thought about the toilet seat being too hard afterwards and need to find the cushion kind and do plan on drinking tons of water as well, green tea is a great idea too. This is crazy but I'd pay even more if that would move my date up sooner.
Try to step up your exercise and diet over the next month because after you really can'e exercise for a bit.....
Thank you for that. I do see a trainer three times per week and follow a clean eating plan. In fact, I'm discussing with her the possibility of entering a fitness competition in June 2013. I've decided though that I won't go to the gym in December although I plan on walking regularly (several times everyday) and will on my own mildly break back into the workouts in Dec and full on in Jan 2013.
Whoops, wasn't done. Your recovery is very encouraging and I'm really looking forward to having the same recovery as you've been experiencing. I had lipo 20 yrs ago which resulted in a negative experience & a TT six yrs ago after my third child (best thing I ever did). I lead a healthy lifestyle, eat well, don't smoke, rarely drink and see a trainer three days a week. Cellulite is something that I've not been able to improve for the most part. I'm looking forward to your reading updates.
Jblft.laud, I just came across your post. I've been trying to read everyone's as I want to know the range of everyone's experience. And it's quite a range. I'm 43 and am scheduled for cellulaze Nov 26. I'm very anxious too so much so that I called the Dr's office today to see if I can be moved up sooner, it was a no. I've Sigh, I just want it over with.
Hi everyone. I wanted to provide an update. It's been almost 2 weeks. I had the stitches removed yesterday and I'm going for my 3rd massage tomorrow. Its a bit painful at first but then it feels so much better. My massage therapist is wonderful. She's at the drs office. She is from columbia and advises that in Columbia, massage is as just as important as the procedure. I have been going 2 times per week and will continue for a while. It's not pleasant wearing the undergarment but i'm going to continue 24/7 for as long as the dr says i need to. i've been using Leggs capri's that can be found at the drug store - not horrible. i can't wait until i can work out....i think another 2 weeks and I will be able to. I also want to mention that the dr and the office are fabulous! Not so sure about results yet. I know that i need to wait until 3-6 months and i have realistic expectations (50-80% improvement) but looks like there may be improvement! I'm hopeful.
Im an attorney and sitting in a comfortable chair! Definitely not strenuous activity.

That is good. I bet in some ways its better to be back at work anyways so you have your mind on other things besides the treatment. :)

I'm glad to hear your first couple of days after the treatment were ok. How are things now?

I went to the dr. today for my follow up visit. So far so good. He suggested that I take the tape off which he uses to help the healing process. If you leave the tape on too long your skin can blister. The best way to take the tape off is to remove in the shower. I have some bruising but not horrible. Still sore but not horrible. I think the arnica and bromeline helps. Just difficult sitting down and getting up. My doctor wanted me to continue wearing the garment with the pads for a few more days as they are stronger than the spanx. I ended up getting a different garment in Miami Lakes that is quite tight because the pads are too bulky for under my work slacks. I went back to work this afternoon and all is well...

Wow, back to work already?! Do you mind me asking what kind of work you do? I'm mainly just curious if you are sitting, or up and about most of the day.