Skinny Girl Butt Implants removed with Salama - Miami, FL

OK, I'm a few weeks before my surgery and I'm...

OK, I'm a few weeks before my surgery and I'm extremely nervous. I am 5'1 weighing 105lbs so definitely too small for bbl. Salama suggested that I gain between 15-20lbs. I'm working on it now. I'm particularly concerned with lipo. I hope it's not too aggressive leaving burns and deformity. I'm also not sure if I want rounds or ovals. Any how, the closer my date gets the more nervous I am.

pre pics

pre op pic

Congrats!! Looking forward to your pics. Happy healing ;)
Good luck with everything tomorrow hun! God bless you. Let us know how everything went as soon as u can ok? I'm be praying for you. You r going to look fab!!
No I'm July 18. I think ur before me.

2 weeks away

I just finished paying the remainder of my balance. I have 2 more weeks til surgery. I'm going to start shopping for post surgery items. I'm not really sure what to buy though.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

OMG my date has been changed

Cynthia called to move my date from July 18 to July 14 this Monday. I'm so nervous. Ugh can't wait to get this over with.

So I have my pre consult tomorrow. I'm compiling a list of questions. I'm mainly gonna ask about burns and implant shape. What else should I ask?
Good luck. I'm still waiting for the answer from Nancy for the price. I want to do butt implant and some fat transfer around implant, also i love to do round Dec 2014. hopefully hear from her soon and i can make my schedule. Thank for sharing.
Good luck to both of you ! I'm having a harddddddd time gaining weight too . I'm 5'3- 115 lbs

enjoying the beach

Good luck tomorrow!! You will do just fine. Be prepared for great pain, but it definitely gets better!
Good luck i had surgery on the 10th...take it day by day. I'm seeing more implant patients and im interested to see how it looks after. Good luck and happy healing!
Good luck tom hun! Can't wait to see it!!

I had my surgery

My surgery was scheduled at 1130am and I didn't get home til 6pm. The surgery went well. The ride home was uncomfortable. The pain wasn't too bad. I received 360 round implants with 500ccs of fat injected on each side. I slept ok on the first night. Going to use the bathroom is annoying. My vagina and face are swollen. I walk around for 10 mins every hour to circulate the blood. I can't really bend down.

Congratulations !!!
Congrats babe!
Looks great !!

day 2 post op

I don't feel any better. I have difficulty getting in and out of bed. I woke up last night in pain. My vagina is still swollen. I just want to sleep all day.

Hi hun, you look beautiful! I'm sorry you are in pain. The first few days are no fun. Try eating pineapple, I know it probably doesn't sound utterly appetizing at the moment, but it helps a ton with the swelling. Also try to walk around for 10 min every hour, it helps keep blood moving as well as helps with swelling. Keep your chin up, it will get better! :)
I'm sorry you in pain. Hand in there will get better. Hope all your pain go away soon.
Sorry to hear that hun but that's how I was too for the first 3 days...But u need to get up and walk to get the swollen down faster. It will start getting better specifically after the first massage I promises u...

day 3 post op

The pain has gotten much better today. I had a follow up appointment and things appear to be healing well. I asked for more percocet and motrin 800 in addition. It's still a bitch to get in and out of bed. Also, my cycle started and I can't fit any of my underwear lol Anyways my first massage I'd tomorrow.

Thanks

day 4 post op

Feeling much better. The swelling is going down. Going to the bathroom is a little easier. I try to sleep on my side but still too painful. I sleep through the night without waking up in pain.

You beautiful also you do good. I don't know when is my turn I can hand in there like you. By the way my honey just deposit the money down yerterday. Now I just sit here and until April 2 2015 feel like forever. Lol thanks for keep up day that very helpful. And hope you get better soon.
Thx hun

day 5

Had my first massage and got my garment yesterday. The massage was painful. Am I supposed to give a tip to her? Anyhow the garment is really tight. I couldn't even sleep. Since my vagina is swollen the hole in the middle of the garment is too small. It squeezed my vagina so bad that I couldn't even sleep. I removed the garment this morning. My husband is cutting the hole to make it bigger. My ass looks nice. Still swollen. The lipo areas are looking better too.

Congrats!!! You look Awesome!! I'm going to get a consultation with Dr. Salama in September . I will continue to follow your journey and thank you for sharing your experience and pics to date. Happy healing and God Bless ;)
Thx. If you choose salama as ur doc, you won't be disappointed.
When lying on your side keep your knees bent and a pillow between your legs. It's reduces the pressure on the lower back and buttocks. Also a pillow under your waist to fill in the gap so your body has complete support. It will help u sleep longer without waking up to meds too

made through week 1

Yay I finally made it through week 1. It is a tough recovery but it gets easier everyday. I'm still swollen and I try to wear my garment consistently. I have my second massage tomorrow. Hopefully it's not as painful as the first.

help, omg pain

Ladles, I'm experiencing some pain in my left cheek only when I am lying down. When I walk it disappears. I only feel it when I lie down. Wtf is this?

U look amazing I hope u heal rapidly an feel better.
U look incredible ! Hope u feel better soon
If it's pain like pressure and doesn't go away with the pain meds DONT WAIT. Call him and have HIM ck u NOT his nurses.

muscle spasm

The pain I felt was due to me running out of muscle relaxer medicine. Saw the doc today. He refilled that prescription. In feeling better now. He said he will remove 1 of my drains on Friday. I'm nervous about it.

Hi there! You look fab btw! I wanted to know how much you weighed prior to surgery? Cause I was 104 the day of my surgery and got very little fat injected . So I was wondering how you got so much injected when you look so tiny as well? What size implant and shape did you get?
I was 119. I gained a few lbs just for surgery. Implant is 360 round worth 500ccs of fat on each side.
You look great!!!! I can't wait to go back for a round 2 !!!!

is my butt too big lol

I'm trying to get used to my new ass. I went shopping and I'm thrilled that I'm no longer a size 0. I bought stretchy maxi dresses because I'm not sure what size I'll be when the swelling goes down.

Question? I really want butt implants inbetween the muscles, did u have your this way or on the top of the muscle? And are there any complications you ha so far? I had breast implants done 6 months ago and went back to ask my ps for butt implants but he said no he doesn't do them that there is too much complications and infection rate? That he only does bbl but I've been seeing on here a lot of women who had bbl end up needed it done a year or so later cuz the day doesn't survive. I want something more permenate like implants and would love to know more about them from a patient who haD actually gotten them. Thanks
Hi, I got them under the muscle. Your ps is correct there is a high complication rate with implants. It's too early to determine infection or complications. But I'm nervous about it. Good luck
Your butt is The perfect size!

Infection???

I've noticed some brown fluid oozing from my drain opening. I saw the doc about it and he said he isn't sure what it is. He switched my antibiotic to something stronger just in case. He also removed one drain. I'm praying this is not infection.

Oh ok thank u. Let me know how yours are as the time goes by. Thank u

2 weeks post op

Besides nerve pain I think everything is ok. I'm seeing the doc tomorrow about the left drain. I'm not sure if he's going to remove it because it's still putting out alot of fluid. In praying that everything is ok.

good luck hon. wish you happy healing.
Hi @ Kmonroe 8812, I had the implants done a month ago and everything was perfect until I developed a seroma on the right side (fluid building up ) after removal of my drains and unfortunately it's been very hard on me. I was lucky enough not to have an infection so far and I didn't have to remove it but I had to go under GA again to drain fluid and put drain back on. It's been one week since that happen and I have LOT of pain to deal with since my incision was reopen and implant was washed (inside the pocket) to prevent infection. I feel more pain that when the actual surgery was done. Complications can happen and even though some people have none, some have them and sometimes pretty bad. I still don't regret getting them but it's been a long painful road to recover for me. Good luck with everything if u decide to do it :)
I hope u get well better soon and everything will be ok. Let us know as the months go by how you are doing

swollen vagina

Ok so my vagina was extremely swollen. It looked deformed and it was hard. After weeks of this swelling I realized that I got a rash between my inner thighs. The doc said it was because the swelling caused extra moisture in the creases causing a build up of bacteria. Luckily he prescribed some powder and it's now going away. My vagina is no longer swollen either.

You look beautiful happy healing doll please post more pics.
Thx

bootyful at the beach

Went to the beach today. Pain is pretty much gone. I'm still very swollen so no swimsuit for me. Omg so many people were breaking their necks to look at my booty. Thank goodness I'm no longer limping. I almost have my normal walk back. I still have 1 more drain. So annoying. So far healing is good. My ass is alot softer too.

Have u guys heard about the water contamination in Florida? I see a lot of people in the water?
Hey I haven't heard anything about it.

relief from nerve pain

Nerve pain is the worst. It comes and goes. There is nothing you can really do about it. Well, I tried sitting, yes sitting to alleviate nerve pain and it worked. After sitting on the boppy pillow for a few minutes, I immediately felt some relief.

Looking fabulous!!! That booty is banging!!
Looking fabulous!!! That booty is banging!!
Thx boo

last drain out today

Got my last drain out. I'm happy and nervous. I hated that dam thing but I also am hoping that I don't get a seroma. Also I hated my garment so much so I purchased something else. Hopefully it's more comfortable.

new pics

Thx. That's south beach. Hope you get to visit one day. It's amazing.
Thx boo

almost week 3

cleared to fly home

Saw the doc today. He said I am good to fly home. I'm still nervous because I don't want anything to go wrong when I'm so far away. My ass looks really good. I've already begun shopping. It's much much softer. Barely any pain. I get nerve pain occasionally which sucks.

Did u get lipo anywhere. U look amazing
Yes lipoed my stomach and flanks
Did u get lipo anywhere. U look amazing

Something is wrong

Heading to the doc. Will update after. Seroma perhaps.

OMG what is going on? With allí this after pain? Take care doll I hope u get better soon something is wrong u don't just get pain just because. He should probably stop doing implants for a while this is scary. I agree u should get an MRI.
Oh no, hope your ok.

not looking good

Had to remove both implants due to infection. I'm devastated.

Good luck to you hun. If you decide to have them done again, I would stay far far far away from Salama. He has a pretty SHITTY track record thus far. Anenimity and you both with infections within days of each other. That's really not good. I hope you are okay. I would find out what happened and look for a good attorney. Because he doesn't have malpractice insurance and he is Definitely doing something hella WRONG!
Will pray for u love. I feel f Really bad for u love.

I am so upset

Not with dr. S. He warned about this prior and none of this is his fault. I'm more upset that I'm out 9k with nothing to show for it except scars. I had already booked my ticket to go home tomorrow. Now I can't so that's 300 down the drain. But both implants were infected and had to go. I'm gnna miss my big booty the little time that I had it. Maybe I'll do butt shots when this is all over.

I'm so sorry luv! Maybe you can wait, gain more weight and try the BBl only. Good luck and try not to think about it too much.
You aré moré that a butt, i saw your pics and you aré beautifull. Butt shots are way more dangerous than implants. Soon or later your body will reject them and you can have a lot of health issues. I did my research . I got butt implants 2 weeks ago too. Outside of the country, one feels very hard and painfull, I am at my general dr office right now to see if he can tell me what is going on... :( Do not think about the money, is just material, you are alive and healthy! My prayers are with you..
Thx. Prayers are with you as well. Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck to you.

I'm feeling better

I still have 2 drains and I'm taking antibiotics. Hopefully i can fly back home soon. I think I'll try again next summer.

Angelbowe02, how are you? Have you figured out what is going on?
I'm ok just depressed. My infection is minor and requires 10 days of meds. I will contact a specialist to make sure everything is clear.
I'm sorry you are depressed :( I can only imagine. Yes I think you should see a specialist as well just to be safe. I am sorry hun. I hope you are alright.

finally drove

I drove to work the past few days. It was my first time sitting since removing the implants. It wasn't bad. I just felt sore afterwards.

heeeyyy everyone

I'm all healed from my infection and I'm doing well. My ass looks better now than before surgery. The fat still looks nice even after the implant removal. If only it would stay like this lol. I know that soon the fat will be reabsorbed and I'll be back at square 1. I haven't decided if I'm gonna redo the surgery yet. My scars are looking ok too.

First of all I am glad you are doing fine! I had a similiar experience to yours but NOT with Dr. S. About 2 years ago I went to Colombia for surgery. I initially wanted a BBL but the surgeon told me because of the size of butt I wanted implants would be better. So, I listened to him and had lipo with implants. While on the plane back to the US my incisions began to reopen... OMG I couldn't wait to land! I was traveling ALONE too. I communicated with the surgeon while in the US and he said not to worry and told me what to do. I dont want to type an essay so to make this short... I was rushed to the ER one day and was told I had to have them removed immediately!! I cried and cried so much. I begged the doctors and asked repeatedly "is there any other way?" And now I'm here not giving up... I still want a BIG BOOTY. lol! Some friends say I am crazy... oh well. I am determined.
Can u post pics of before n after plz
U look better for sure... I feel the same about mine on the side removed. It's bc we had fat grafting as well. Glad u r all healed up. My incision still has deshicense and am getting it cleaned and cauterized on the 30th. Hopefully it will be fully healed in a couple of weeks.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr. S. and staff were wonderful. Dr. S. did a great job. What I liked the most is that I texted him all the time and he always responded answering all of my questions.