Reconstruction After a Double Mastectomy - Miami, FL

I had multiple procedures with Dr. Polo. I had...

I had multiple procedures with Dr. Polo. I had reconstruction after a Double Mastectomy and I had the implants and Nipple Reconstruction. My comment is particularly on the Nipple Reconstruction. At that point I was going through almost a year's worth of surgeries. I was at a point where I didn't want more procedures and was not going to be doing the Nipple Reconstruction. I was on the fence whether I was going to do the nipple reconstruction portion of the procedure and ultimately I went ahead with his advice because he had given me good advice throughout and for me that really made a big difference. I feel far more whole and back to normal with that last procedure. So I'm very pleased and if there are any other women who are undecided as to whether they go through that last step or not I would highly recommend moving forward with it.

Miami Plastic Surgeon

He's a terrific doctor. I'm an accountant and very anal. I need everything perfect and he is a perfectionist. I like people who are very meticulous and he is. He was referred to me by Dr. Heron and when I looked his credentials up and talked to a few people who had used Dr. Polo, I heard nothing but very positive feedback. He is a very caring man. He explained the process and the alternatives. He never rushed any answers and gave me all the time I needed.

Thank you for sharing your personal story on RealSelf. I know several women like yourself, who have been through so many surgeries, that by the time it comes to the nipple, they are just plain "done" with any further surgery. I'm glad to hear you feel whole again. You'll be an inspiration for many women. Just curious, was it more than one surgery for the nipple reconstruction?