Breast Cancer Survivor and Double Mastectomy Patient - Miami, FL

I was 28yrs old when I was diagnosed with breast...

I was 28yrs old when I was diagnosed with breast cancer, decided to get a double mastectomy and reconstruction. After the implants were not natural looking nor did I have any feeling in my chest and back and they caused me pain, did I then decide to go to Dr. Khouri for the fat transfer. Him and his staff are amazing and the fat tissue transfer is the second best to having your own breasts. He takes his time and ensures that he is giving you the best results. Although the process is done in several surgeries (3), it was worth the wait and outcome of having fat tissue as your breasts. He gave me back what I thought I lost forever. His staff is amazing and caring and I recommend him to every single or double mastectomy patient out there. When I show other mastectomy patients my results, I always get the same reaction. They cry with joy because they are cancer free and still have a chance to look their best. They make me feel like apart of the family every time I am there. I am so happy that I found him and this amazing procedure. It has changed my life.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us on RealSelf. We would also love for you to write a review about your breast reconstruction story in the breast reconstruction community so we can learn more about what you went through. It would be helpful to many other women trying to decide on reconstruction upon the diagnosis of a mastectomy.

Just curious, what size implants did you have? Once you had them explanted, how long did you have to wait for the breast fat transfer process? Where was the fat grafted from and did you have enough to make up the amount of an implant? How is your retention rate and what is your current cup size? You were able to do a lot in a short period of time. I'm happy things worked out for you.

We'll anxiously be awaiting the pictures you mentioned you were going to post of your progress. They will be helpful in giving others hope. Thank you in advance for answering all the questions and congratulations on being cancer free! ;)
BethH, thank you for your positive post to tiffanysurvivor30. And thanks for asking for more information for us reconstruction gals. I get lots of questions, and try to keep my resources up to date. Many people flounder when they hear the "C" word -- let alone trying to make good decisions about reconstruction vs. flat top. Hopefully, she will share all this with us!
Miami Plastic Surgeon