BBL Part 1: 3 Days Post-Op: Dr Perry 3/13/13 is my Lucky Day! - Miami, FL

Hi Ladies, let me begin by introducing myself. I...

Hi Ladies, let me begin by introducing myself. I am a 29 year old mother of an almost 4 year old in NYC. I have ALWAYS had a flat booty with love handles, a square shape, and a large bust. I have wanted a BBL for some time now, and since I am turning 30 next year, I want to treat myself. I've earned it! ;)

My measurements right now are:
34E bust
29-30" waist (I wear a 6/8 or 28/29 in jeans)
37" hips
5'4" and range from 130-140lbs depending on my workout (and motivation) levels.

I have been searching for BBL surgeons in NYC and there are NONE that do a great job, which sucks bc I'd rather not have to travel and be away from my toddler for that long, but I will if I have to. I've researched tons of doctors...from Tijuana, Altanta, and many in Miami. I've decided that as of right now it's between Dr. Salama and Dr. Azurin. I was dead set on Dr. Salama after speaking with Nancy a few times, but I really need the surgery done in Jan/Feb, and he is booked solid until god knows when now (last time I checked it was June 2012, which was not going to work for me). Nancy did say she could get me in with Dr. Salama's "understudy" of sorts, Dr. Gharani, who she says Dr. Salama has taught, guided and is basically molding him into the next Salama, bc he is so busy and booked up he needs the help. So I was thinking of using Gharani bc he can accommodate my Jan/Feb date, but not sure I want to use someone who isn't Salama. SO....I kept searching and came across Dr. Azurin. I have to say I LOVE his work. He has some of the best before/after pics I've seen (dare I say even better than Salama's), and his prices are more affordable. My main concern with him after speaking with Lynne, is that he does NOT lipo the stomach/waist. He does lipo the upper back, which I assume would take out some fat from the back of the waist, thus making the waist smaller by default. His before/after pictures are really great, and I wonder how those girls got those results without having their waists lipo'd. Also, Lynne says that as opposed to Salama, Azurin doesn't do "cartoon" butts. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing....

Also, I am feeling conflicted. Besides the dates and prices, I am confused about what it is that I truly want. I DO know that I would like to ideally be a size 4/6 instead of a 6/8 with a bubbly, perky, round, cute butt. I don't want a huge Nikki Minaj/Kim K butt and definitely don't want big hips. I know Azurin doesn't fat transfer to the hips, and Salama does. I am mostly conflicted about how big I want the butt. At Salama's office Nancy recommended 1000cc to each cheek. Based on my pics, do you ladies think that's going to leave me with a HUGE ass??? LOL I know some will be reabsorbed and it will shrink, so if I go with 1000cc's, will that leave me with what I'm looking for? I also saw some great butts on here of girls who had between 700-800cc's transferred. Do you think that's more reasonable for my body type/frame?

This is just the first surgery I've ever undergone, and I want to get it right. I know getting rid of the fat in my love handles/flanks, upper back, and waist will drastically improve my silhouette and shape, as well as make my butt appear larger. I just don't want it to be TOO large, or TOO small. Any advice on doctors, guidance you all might have, advice, or ANYTHING you have to input would be greatly appreciated. I want to put down this deposit asap, and I need to feel confident that I made the RIGHT decision.

Thanks ladies!

Because of your shape i would choose Salama BUT it's just my Opinion.
Thank you. I am so confused as which way to go. Aaahhhh, lol!
I would say go with Azurin based on your frame. He was my top pick, but I need ab lipo, so I am going with Salama. However, you are very slim and if he lipo'ed your flanks and back he could give you a nice butt. Not sure if you work out, but if you lost a few pounds before surgery (leaving enough fat for your butt) I think you would have killer results with Dr. A, as you don't look to need aggressive lipo.

Hi ladies, I've made my decision...I'm going with...

Hi ladies, I've made my decision...I'm going with Dr. Azurin. I had a long talk with Lynne today and sent her some pictures of exactly the type of butt I'm after. She said that Azurin confirmed that my first wish pic was the most attainable. I could be super happy with that, so I said LET'S DO THIS!!! After looking at miamimom and gipsy's results with Dr. Azurin, I decided that they're results are what I'm after. I'm so excited and cannot wait to see some booty when I look in the mirror!!! :)

I'll be making my deposit on Friday. WooHoo!!!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Just wondering if you ladies are experiencing any...

Just wondering if you ladies are experiencing any backlash for your choice to have surgery? My daughter's father (ex fiance but we still live together...it's complicated), is VERY against me having this surgery. He has been from day one. When I even mention anything about this surgery, he bugs out and goes into this rage/temper tantrum mode about it. He acts like I'm going to die and leave my family behind, and thinks it's an "experimental" surgery, and that I'm being selfish for choosing to have an elective surgery. I tell him its a procedure that's done ALL the time. And Dr. Azurin has never had any complications etc with his patients. It's not like I'm going to another country to have it done by some guy in his basement. Everything is totally legit. He doesn't even want to discuss it, and I feel like his unsupportiveness is trying to intimidate me into NOT having it done...but I'm not that kind of woman. I am DOING IT, with his support or not. Obviously, I would prefer to not have conflict, fighting or any kind of negativity surrounding this procedure, and be able to fly to FL from NY with a clear head, free of stress, with a clear conscious. I hope he comes around within the next few months, but I doubt it. This issue (along with many others), are just examples of how we are NOT good for one another in a relationship...ugh! Anyway, I digress...

Thanks for letting me vent, and sorry for the rant. I'd like to think that most of you ladies have the support of your loved ones, but for those of you who don't, just know that you are NOT alone.

Yea I will
No that s the least we need negativity that's what they will do my in laws new about my BA and they all unsupportive critical . I won't make that mistake again this time am keeping my mouth shut my friend it's gone a take care of me for the first 3 days then I higher someone to take care of me for at least 2 weeks
Well, good luck and keep me posted on your journey. You're right before me, and I'm looking forward to pics!!!

Hi Ladies, It's been a little bit since I've...

Hi Ladies, It's been a little bit since I've updated you all on any BBL progress. I still haven't made my deposit for my BBL, largely because everything has been so hectic in life lately, and we just got hit by the hurricane. My community is destroyed and we are staying with family. Our building has been deemed unliveable, so I am dealing with the uncertainty of what the next few months will hold. UGH! Why can't life just be simple, LOL?

Anyway, I am feeling a bit of confusion and almost relief that I have NOT put down my deposit yet. I have a few reservations. Again, I love dr. Azurin's work, and especially his square to heart shape signature looks that he is known for, but he DOES NOT lipo the stomach area, so I am just really unsure and apprehensive about choosing him bc I don't want super trim sides/back and big fat rolls on my stomach. I NEED to be lipo'd everywhere in order to get the look I truly want. But when I look at his pictures, his girls look SO GOOD. Their stomachs do not look giant, rolly etc and they aren 't being lipo'd...so I think there is just a disconnect in my mind as to HOW I will look like them if my stomach isn't lipo'd, and how my waistline will shrink if you aren't sucking the fat out of the waist. Plus, I REALLY don't like Lynne. Just over the phone she is kind of bitchy, and almost gives me the vibe that I am annoying her or bothering her by emailing or calling her. It hasn't been excessive either, but you would think that if someone was going under a surgical procedure, they would ASK a million questions, and as a patient coordinator, it's your JOB to answer everything, and be polite about doing it. I know at the end of the day Lynne won't be the one sculpting my body, but just knowing I have to deal with her is annoying.

Originally I wanted Salama, but he couldn't accommodate my date bc he was full. So Nancy gave me the option of using Dr Rami Ghurami, who is pretty unheard of on this site and the site only has about 2-3 BBL pictures of his work, all of which are nothing to write home about. Nancy (who is absolutely THE BEST, and the nicest woman hands down) assured me that he has done MANY BBL's, but the site hasn't been updated with pics etc. I had basically decided to go with Azurin bc I couldn't bare to go to someone who had very little pictures (that weren't that good), just by a recommendation, although I wasn't completely satisfied with that decision (Which is the biggest reason WHY I haven't put down my deposit yet). Then yesterday I came across a review by Asiangotbooty103112, who got her BBL with Ghurami (bc Salama was full), and I LOVE her results. Her body is definitely more trim than mine, she is smaller and had a good shape before getting her BBL. But I am really liking her results and she had such great things to say about Ghurami.

Now I am even more confused on who to choose. Ideally, if I could just either UNDERSTAND how Azurin achieves his results without lipo-ing the stomach areas, I could be good with that decision. I just have this insane image in my mind of a cute bubbly heart butt, trim flanks/back and a bulging, sloppy stomach. I can't shake that image from my mind.

Here are the pro's and con's for each.

Ghurami
-Price is higher than Azurin (not that big of a deal to me)
+Can accommodate my date
-Not many reviews or photos
+Studies under the BBL master, Salama
+Nancy is an absolute sweetheart
+reputation of Salama affiliation
-he is NOT Salama though
+Lipo's the upper/lower back, flanks, stomach for same price
+Price includes SO MANY extras (transportation, garments, massages, etc)
-uses drains which cause scarring
+Nancy said my wish pics are 100% attainable according to Ghurami
+Does very aggressive lipo in all areas I need.
+Does fat transfer to hips if you want it.

Azurin
+When I discovered his website, those butts were almost EXACTLY what I was looking for. I love his work
-Lynne is just not fun to deal with. She makes me feel bad.lol
-Lynne said Azurin said most of my pics aren't realistic, that the last pic (which I love) is the most realistic. So which Doctor is right?
+Dr. Azurin has a great reputation on RS and his site has a million pics of BBL and other procedures, which are fantastic.
-Doesn't lipo the stomach, and if he would agree to (which he usually doesn't), it's an extra $600 per lipo'd area.
-Does aggressive back lipo but not stomach, even if I were to pay the extra $ to have him lipo the stomach.
+Can accommodate my date.
+Miamimom and gipsy had amazing results and say he's the BEST dr.
+The Price is only $5650, and each additional area of lipo is $600.
-Price doesn't include garments, any massage, post op transfers etc.
+Doesn't use drains for his BBL which means minimal scarring.
+Creates perfect, bubbly heart shaped silhouettes.
+/- Doesn't fat transfer to hips which isn't a HUGE deal to me bc I don't want big hips, but I might need a little help to get a better curve.

What do you ladies think? Am I being a nutcase and worrying too much, or are these valid concerns? Who would you choose if you were me? It's literally between these two doctors. I gotta get it together...LOL

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Hi Ladies, It's been a little bit since I've...

Here are the pro's and con's for each.

Ghurami
-Price is higher than Azurin (not that big of a deal to me)
+Can accommodate my date
-Not many reviews or photos
+Studies under the BBL master, Salama
+Nancy is an absolute sweetheart
+reputation of Salama affiliation
-he is NOT Salama though
+Lipo's the upper/lower back, flanks, stomach for same price
+Price includes SO MANY extras (transportation, garments, massages, etc)
-uses drains which cause scarring
+Nancy said my wish pics are 100% attainable according to Ghurami
+Does very aggressive lipo in all areas I need.
+Does fat transfer to hips if you want it.
+Will go as big or small as you want, within what is reachable.

Azurin
-Lynne is just not fun to deal with. She makes me feel bad.lol
+Can accommodate my date.
+Miamimom and gipsy had amazing results and say he's the BEST dr.
+The Price is only $5650, and each additional area of lipo is $600.
-Price doesn't include garments, any massage, post op transfers etc.
+Doesn't use drains for his BBL which means minimal scarring.
+Creates perfect, bubbly heart shaped silhouettes.
+/- Is more conservative with the cc's of fat transfer. Doesn't give you anything crazy or "cartoonish", which isn't necessarily what I want, but I was a bit concerned that he said only ONE of my wish pics were realistic for my body type bc my wish pics aren't of anything crazy.

As I was reading your story I felt that I had wrote it! lol I'm in the same situation as you, there are so many surgeons that their work I love! I really like Rami, but there is NOT many pictures ):
It's such a big decision and there are so many options. It can be really overwhelming.
I am happy u have a date for ur journey and thanks for liking my result, be honest I m very thankful that DR Salama was fully booked, I think this the way God answered my prayer, I was fasting a day before Made the called to Aventura office, sounds strange huh? But that my habit whenever i m in tough situation or when I need to decided something huge and important,I always fasting and pray whole day and never fail :) . Good luck to u

AsianGotBooty's results from Dr. Ghurani really...

AsianGotBooty's results from Dr. Ghurani really impressed me. I decided to take the plunge and book with him. For the first to since I started researching Drs, I finally feel at peace; like I made the right decision. I don't feel an ounce of second guessing or doubt. It's the best feeling in the world. Nancy says no cardio, don't lose any weight etc. so the holidays should be fun form me ;) Ladies, if you're dying to get in with Dr Salama, I highly recommend looking into Dr. Ghurani. He's supposed to be the next best thing. So excited and happy to have this load lifted from my chest.

Told u to try ghurani before u selected azurin. I think ur gonna look amazing
I hope you understand what I wrote. I'm typing on my phone and made lots of mistake writing.
Congratulation on your decision. I am going to put your mind to ease by saying that I have a very strong feeling that dr Rami is your perfect match. Don't ask me how I know. Even though I'm going next week to have my surgery with Dr Azurin, and was loving the idea that you'll so yours with him as well, I do see a beautiful result given to you by dr R G. You're right you should stay away from any kind of drama prior and po. I look forward to hear good news from you. I sent my pics initial to dr S but when Nancy reply with a date for next year I was making other plans. I'll have my tummy too with dr S won't combine the two procedure anymore. But I'm glad you found your PS

I am prepping early and preparing...

I am prepping early and preparing myself/organizing things ahead of time. Do any of you ladies know which products, supplements, things that have been useful to ther women on here, that you could recommend for the big day? I've read so many different things, just wondering which things Are must haves for this procedure.

Also, anyone know how long before you can stand for an extended period of time? I've heard of girls swelling from standing for long periods of time. Any insight would be great.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I am prepping early and preparing...

That's crazy salama is having a price increase every two months
I am wondering why the pricing is so unstable. 5499-6499-6799-7199-7799-8499 and all in 2012 lol. Look at girls earlier post, I couldn't make this up. Is the work improving?
I was wondering is Dr.G doing your sx for a cheaper price after all he's not Dr.S. he's in training under dr. S

I just made another payment on my surgery. I am so...

I just made another payment on my surgery. I am so pumped! It's so weird that I have no reservations about this, or second guessing my choice to do it, or my choice in doctor at all. It is a great feeling. Hope all you BBL sisters out there have a great week.

hey, dont worry about scarring, I had the BBL with Salame in September, received 900ccs, and I do remember meeting this doctor, he was with him, also i am now 2 months post op, scarring isn't bad, a little redish/purpulish but it's fading and becoming flat, I was very worried about the scarring but it get's better...I actually will prob be going for another BBL maybe with this doctor bc I want just a little more butt, so I have to consult with him if I can hopefully get another 600CCs added....How much did he charge u and what areas are u doing lipo on?
Overall I'm glad you found the dr that will give you the results you want , that's what's important

Hi ladies! I'm getting SO excited for this surgery...

Hi ladies! I'm getting SO excited for this surgery. I'm sure the nervousness will come as it gets closer. But as of now I'm just under 3 months before my date. So happy and ready to get this started.

I like to be organized and prep in advance, and also know how much additional financially I'm going to need. Could you ladies give me the list of essentials for the surgery, and even the non essentials (one girl bought a massage table to sleep on, etc)? Any tips on supplements, food to eat/avoid, clothing, things to make me more comfortable during recovery and plane ride back, garments to buy post-op, ANYTHING you found helpful would be great!

Also if any of our BBL sisters who've already had the procedure have a good list already, could you link me to their pages? That way you don't have to type it all out.

Thanks girls ;)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Hi ladies! I'm getting SO excited for this surgery...

Thanks girls ;)

I'm paying $7100. But his new price is $7799 I believe. I'm doing everything that's included (upper/lower back/flanks, abdomen) and considering adding inner thingy, but I'll consult with him about that when I get there. I want him to see them first before committing to it. When are you thinking about going in or round 2?
No i am payin 8499:/ how u get such a low price?

Hey Ladies, It's been a while since I've...

Hey Ladies,

It's been a while since I've updated my profile, and I just wanted to update you all on where I'm at. I'm a little under 2 months out from my surgery date, and I don't know what it is, but I am so questioning this surgery. Not questioning that I WANT the surgery, but more my doctor. I was so confident in my decision after AsianGotBooty's results, and from what I see on RS Dr Ghurani blew up after that review, but there are literally NO OTHER REVIEWS for his BBL results on RS. It's discouraging. Like is he really worth the hype??? Plus I locked in my surgery for $7100 which is considerably less than Salama's price now, and even Ghurani has raised his price to Salama's now too (from what I've read). I'm like DAMN that is a LOT of money for a doctor that has little to no reviews on RS. Salama's work speaks for himself, and his reputation on RS is pretty flawless for the most part. Ghurani has no clientele on RS, so how can he justify his new, higher prices?? I dunno, maybe I'm missing something.
I know that if the Lipo of the stomach wasn't an issue I would've chosen Dr. Azurin, but i need the lipo of the abdomen, so that is out. His prices were only $5600 which is EXACTLY what I wanted to pay. $7100 isn't crazy, and is reasonable I guess, but when the dr I originally fell in love with is about $1500 cheaper, that was what I expected to pay.

I happened to stumble across a doctor also located in FL on RS tonight, named Cesar Velilla. Has anyone researched him or heard of him? From what I see, his prices vary from in the $4,000 range to the mid $5,000 range. I think it depends on how heavy you are, what you need lipo'd etc. But his lipo is EXCELLENT. Very comparable to Azurin's, except he DOES lipo the stomach and DOES transfer fat to the hips. The only drawback is that he has only a handful of BBL pics on his website: http://www.evolutionmd.com/ and afterall I AM going in for a BBL. I really could benefit just as much from the aggressive lipo as I would from the BBL. His body transformations of girls with my same body type (square, flat ass, and thick waist with lovehandles/thick middle) is great. Anyway, I am looking into him some more, and will probably send his office an email tonight. I don't know if I am getting so close to the date that I am bugging out, or that I'm doubting Dr Ghurani's results etc, but it's a LOT of money, and I don't want to pay for the hype. I want to pay for the results. If I were going to pay for the hype I'd pay Salama, not a Dr who has no extensive reputation. I dunno, what do you all think?

I am also wondering if ANY of you ladies has had lipo or a fat transfer under local anesthesia before? Basically you are awake but cannot feel anything, is this right? I think I would be terrified to be awake during this procedure and seeing a canelus going back and forth inside my body. WTF???? Dr. Velilla uses this type of anesthesia. That is something that scares me, but if it will save me $2000-$3,000 to be awake and I WILL NOT feel anything, then it's worth looking into. Any insight you can give me on this type of anesthesia would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some links to Velilla's work. The first one is pretty vague (no real BBL pics etc), and the second one is pretty damn good IMO:

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I'm starting to feel like a real psychopath/pain...

I'm starting to feel like a real psychopath/pain in the ass/indecisive person. It's pissing me off...lol. I had already put down my deposit for Ghurani, and felt very confident in that decision, but now I am starting to doubt it bc it's a lot of money to pay for someone who ISN'T Salama. Salama is the best IMO, in the US for the body I want to achieve. I wish he had an opening in Feb, but he doesn't and I'm not going to go crazy trying to pay girls to take their dates, etc. SO...plan B is to look into other Dr's before my date with Ghurani. I am really leaning toward Dra. Yily de los Santos. I love her work and I think that given that I have a smaller frame, she might be perfect for me. My biggest concern is being in another country. I know the DR isn't a long stretch from Miami, so it's not like I'm going super far, but I worry about IF something happens to me, like i get really sick or infected, or SOMETHING bad happens, and no one can find me. You always hear horror stories (not necessarily on MMH or RS) on Dateline, or talk shows, etc about peiple who had botched surgeries, suffered tremendously, or almost died (some DO die) by trying to save a buck and having surgery by some hack in another country. And for those who do come back botched, some PS in the US won't touch you bc they don't want to be held accountable. I KNOW these are not as common as the good stories, and I KNOW that Dra. Yily is accredited and legit, but something still nags at me about going to the DR. I dunno, do you all think I'm making myself crazy? I've seen so many great reviews on RS and MMH from her, and only one bad review, I think from someone named Aquarius. I have done little research on Yily, bc I was set on Azurin or Salama. I just started looking into Yily within the last two days or so. Any advice, or good/bad experiences any of you may have had with Yily, would be greatly appreciated. I see that LittleBoyPink went to Yily, and her body is INSANELY gorgeous, but she hates it.???? Not sure what that was all about. But I see that she came home, isn't dead and disfigured, and in fact looks insanely gorgeous. I hate making these type of decisions. I am not generally an indecisive person. But when it comes to my body, health and life I have been so back and forth, skeptical, and picking apart every single detail. I want to get this over with so I can focus on something else other than a BBL...LOL It's making me NUTS!

Oakenfoldgoddess, I totally encourage you to do the chin lipo. My PS lipo just a little of my chin bcuz my skin lost laxity but even like that my face look 5 year younger. I'm glad I asked for, and he didn't even charge me for that.
Thank you zizi I'll have it done. Your results look phenomenal btw. You look fantastic!!!
Thank you doll. I am praying that you'll find your doc and the peace of mind. It is that stressful to make a decision and I know how difficult it is. I was there. Also no matter what decision you make, stay positive. Be good to yourself. Do not rush to judge your result. And again stay positive. Good luck to you love and a Happy New Year (Happy - I mean it :-])

So I got my quote back from Dra. Yily. She said...

So I got my quote back from Dra. Yily. She said $3400 for the lipo of the upper/lower back/flanks, abdomen, waist, chin, arms, and inner thighs. Whew! That is a LOT to have lipo'd and I'm probably going to be hating life post op. LOL. She also had Feb 19th available, and I've decided to officially go with that date. I am SO excited. I know I've said it before, but this REALLY IS the doctor for me. I feel so at ease knowing that I won't have to go alone, and will be going with prettygirlslim, and I feel like since she is a woman, and I've seen many of her patients on RS and MMH, her figures are exactly what I'm looking for. She seems to produce very curvy, petite bodies; which is exactly what I want. So glad to finally have my mind at ease. Whew!

Now I'm wondering about her breast work...is it good or bad? I've only actually seen one of her patients who have had breast work, and it was a woman named angiieem on MMH. Her results for her BBL were INCREDIBLE. She had a very similar body type to mine (big breasts, small thighs, butt, and hips, and a square shape from the backside. If I can yield results like hers, I will be ecstatic. Anyway, she also had a large chest, and got a reduction or a lift (can't remember which one) with an implant to restore the volume she once had. They are REALLY high up, but I'm wondering how far post op she is, and if they will settle back in, etc. Also, Yily has said that you can sit on your butt the same day as a BBL (which if she says I can, I probably will, but never for more than like half an hour at a time), so with that being said, I'm wondering if with ALL that lipo and the BBL, will it be excruciating to have a breast reduction/lift as well? Most of the time after the BBL you have to lay on your stomach or side, and I'm assuming with the lift that will be nearly impossible, right?

If any of you have had both procedures done at the same time, OR had a lift/reduction at any time in your life, and can give me some insight on it, that would be helpful. Also, if you have had, or know anyone who has had their breasts done with Yily, let me know.

Hey O- Angiieem was about 1 mo post in that pic. I know it does take longer than a month for breasts to drop and settle after lift. Probably at least 3 mos. Laury130 just recently had surgery with Yily. She had BBL and BA together. She is still in recovery, but reported that that Lipo hurt worse than the BA.
Thanks slim. I'm gonna check out her profile now.

Ok ladies, I've decided I'm NOT doing the breast...

Ok ladies, I've decided I'm NOT doing the breast work with Yily. I just feel like the recovery may be hard enough for the BBL (I am not a pain person), and hard enough to handle with out the extra stress and discomfort of not being able to lay on your stomach. I'm also getting arms, inner thigh, stomach, upper and lower back, and chin lipo, so I think that is enough to handle at one time. LOL. Plus to be honest, I don't think her breast work is all that great. I feel like her incisions are not clean lines, and her implants look very high and almost cock eyed, sort of. It's just not for me. So I've decided that I DO definitely want to get a reduction/lift/small implant, and I always loved Azurins work. Had he lipo'd the stomach area, I would've picked him for my BBL hands down. But I've chosen Yily for that now, and if I ever had breast work or a TT in the future, I swore I'd choose Azurin bc his work is amazing! So, I am going to stick to that decision and go with him in the future for any further work.

Good choice. If we decide on breast work later, we can team up, go to FL and see Azurin ; ) I'm gonna pass on the beast work too!
Thanks girl! I was really sweating this decision bc I NEED it done, but I don't want to be unhappy with them and make an impulsive decision out of necessity. I've lived with the pain for 16 years, I can handle another couple of months, until I'm ready again mentally and financially for another surgery. Thanks for being there for me and letting me vent via text. ;) You must be thinking "OMG, this girl is crazyyyyy". LOL
I just emailed Azurin's office too, so I hope to get a response from them tomorrow some time. I'll let you know what I find out.

Just booked my plane ticket girls! Can't believe...

Just booked my plane ticket girls! Can't believe the BIG DAY is going to be here in one month and 8 days! Can't wait ;)

congrats!!
Yah!!!teamyily...
Congratsss girl!!! Wish you and prettygirlslim the best of luck!! I'm trying to get to Yily before the summer comes so fingers crossed lol I hope God watches over both of you! #TeamYily

Since I've taken the plunge and gone with Team...

Since I've taken the plunge and gone with Team Yily, I have Feb 20th with Ghurani available if any of you ladies want to go with him. I've heard his next opening is April or maybe even later at this point. If you are wanting to get it done sooner rather than later, you can take my date of Feb 20 if you call Nancy, and take my date. I paid the deposit, 10%, which was $710. The total is $7100. If interested, please let me know.

Your blog sounds like Im the one writing it and described me to a T!!! After reading your blog, I had to comment. We were basicallyin the same boat. After my consult with Azurin next week,if Im not satisfied or sold, Yily it is for me and she is my final and LAST PS.
Haha!!! It's such a long, mind bending process trying to pick the right surgeon. Don't get me wrong, Yily has been a process too. It started with me getting answers from her the next day, then two days later, then 4 days, now it's been 7 days, 4 emails, 3 texts, multiple voicemails, 1 fb message etc to get a hold of her. I'm still waiting for her to confirm my date. I've already bought my plane ticket and arranged to travel and buddy up with prettygirlslim on this journey. Just find the right PS for you, and stay true to what YOUR goals are. I think all the drs have a certain signature look, you just have to choose which one is ideal for you. I just wish I has never given $710 of my hard earned money to Dr Ghurani's office. That was the biggest mistake ever. I should've never jumped on the ONE review/asiangotbooty/Ghurani bandwagon. Such a waste of money! But you live and learn, right??? Lol
Did u cancel already?

Hey ladies, as you know it's HARD to choose the...

Hey ladies, as you know it's HARD to choose the right doctor, and I've flip flopped a lot with choosing the right surgeon. I am starting to get really concerned about the situation with Dra Yily now. The first time I emailed her I got a response within 24 hours. It was detailed (which was still fairly short), and informative. I had sent her a few more questions back and forth, for the next week or so, with pretty good response timing (1-2 days). I asked her to save my date as Feb 19th, bc I would be traveling with prettygirlslim and we were doing this together. PGS had already confirmed her date with Yily, and was set. I was very concerned with getting everything organized. She said she would "mark me down on her agenda" for the 19th. I then inquired about a possible breastlift and received a quote. It was literally a one work answer. Since last Monday when I received that last email, I have emailed her 5-6 times (with photos of my body now and wish pics, questions, a copy of my flight itinerary bc I already booked my flight, etc). I have heard NOTHING from her or her assistant in over a week. I'm worried bc compared to American doctors, this whole process seems really ass backwards and very unorganized. I still WANT to go on the 19th. I've already invested so much into this emotionally and financially that I don't want to search for a new doctor. Plus, besides her body work (which is amazing and exactly what I'm wanting), I really wanted to go with PGS. I am kind of in limbo right now bc I've emailed, called, left messages, texted her assistant's number, and even facebooked her. I don't know if it's the cultural difference, but American dr's send you a packet of information and how to prepare, they give you details, they take your phone number and info to save your date, make you feel like you have the knowledge to know if you're making the right decision or not. The past week with Yily's not getting back to me has made me feel very discouraged. It's especially hard when you read girls' blogs saying "I just got my quote" etc. It's like "WTF??? Why won't she email me back"??? It's really annoying and starting to make me second guess this and starting to piss me off...LOL

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Correction, I haven't heard from Yily since Jan...

Correction, I haven't heard from Yily since Jan 4th, which is 11 days ago...not a week. :(

Her office is overwhelemed right now. I had some what of a situation with her secretary who answers the emails. She assumed my email encorporated my name which it did not an so she replied in spanish when i called the office secretary that i already got a quote etc, etc. When i finally broke it down your talking about the wrong person they apologized. The receptionist an secretary are a hot mess right about now. Yily' s secretary is the one who answers all the questions via email.
I think she is getting overwhelmed also. It took her 3 days to answer me. And after I sent the second email all of a sudden a generic email was sent back it says please note it may take 3-6 days to answer back (although she responded in 2) I'm now waiting to hear about my date confirmation for March 15th. I really think shes getting booked alot like how Salama was when he first started popping which is why he's booked til October now.
I completely understand your concerns... I bought my plain ticket last week.$1000..(I'm coming from Washington state) and sent my deposit on the 8th...after that I emailed in order to let them know that I had sent the money and needed there help to get my reservation at the RH. I didn't hear anything for 4 days.. so I got worried and started emailing all her email..and then I decided to use Google translate to translated what I wanted to say and then text all the numbers I have... I do understand that due to the language difference they can't just send us back a quick email or text as they wanna make sure they understand what we are asking them. So when I would write in English I try to write as proper as possible so that it would make sense when they try to translate.. I finally got a text back in Spanish asking what my email was . And then I got a email response on the 12th...I feel she is getting really overwhelm and will need to up her staff to get more help...I checked on the money and that still has not been picked up.. so that gives me a little peace of mind that they are busy with there current clients that they don't even have time to go get the money...

Ok so Yily emailed me back yesterday (finally...

Ok so Yily emailed me back yesterday (finally after 11 days lol), and said thank you for sending my itinerary, and basically confirmed that I was her 2nd procedure of the day on Feb 19 (prettygirlslim is first). This made me feel so much better. I really feared I had bought my plane ticket and that she had put someone else in my spot for the 19th by accident, and was avoiding me. Anyway, after debating all night whether the lack of communication and organization was a deal breaker for me, I've decided to keep my date and Yily as my doctor. At the end of the day, I really think Yilys sculpting abilities are exactly what I need, and for that reason first and foremost is why I'm going to her. My best advice to all of you having a similar communication problem is to either stick it out and keep waiting, or go with another surgeon. Hope that helps.

I know you ladies are frustrated with the email situation, she is extremely busy. I have a little thing that may help, we all know she speaks very little English, I downloaded a translator app on my phone and It lets me type my entire email in English, I hit translate to Spanish and voila, my whole message is Spanish!! I then copy and paste it to emails that I sent to Yily, and when she replies I copy her message and paste the whole email in my app and translate it to English !! I strongly recommend doing this ladies...send your emails in Spanish!!! I have no complaints and we literally communicate every single day because I always have a question!! If your message is in in English you have to wait for her assistant to get to it which is among hundreds of girls that only speak English , you will wait, versus send in Spanish Yily responds directly to you then you copy and paste in google translate or a translator app on your phone. It works miracle ladies you won't regret it,
I've never communicated with her in Englidh ever. From day one, even my initial contact form on her site was written in Spanish (from google translate). And my Facebook messages to her etc were all in Spanish. That's why I was buggin like "WTF are new girls getting immediate responses but not me who's been talking to her for 3 weeks, and waiting 11 days for a response"???? But I'm over it for now. I'm gonna stop obsessing over it and focus on the month ahead. But I can def say the English/Spanish thing was NOT an issue. It was 100% an issue of her just not responding.
Yeah In that case I think we just get put in the back burner, those that she is confident will come. But wow 11 days I never had any issues. And then she responds just in time when you're ready to change your mind lol. That's Yily alright good luck out there I will be there 2 days after you :)

Hey all, I changed my username bc I used my old...

Hey all, I changed my username bc I used my old name for various other accounts online and googled it and found half naked pictures of myself. No bueno for me, so I changed it, and am removing the pictures where anyone could identify the background etc. Call me crazy, but I just don't want any of my in laws or hating ass "friends" all up in my business. Better safe than sorry, right? LOL

Ok, so I paid the deposit today for Dra Yily. She said she had reserved my date and time weeks ago bc I had sent her my flight information, but I wanted to be safe and sent it. Plus, I am thinking about paying off the entire procedure via western union OR paypal (preferable method for me) bc I don't really want to be traveling with thousands in my purse JUST TO BE SAFE (have I said that enough in this post? LOL). The only cash I want to have on me is spending money and the cash for the JM spa.

To any of the Yily vets: How was it going back into the US through customs? Did it take forever? Was is hard standing in that line for that long? I am flying back into JFK, which is a huge international airport. I have heard some people say by the 10th day they were walking a lot, going to the mall, etc. I've also heard some people say by the 10th day they still weren't able to walk a ton, were very stiff, etc and needed a wheel chair to get around the airport. Just wondering how that went for you girls.

SO TRUE SAME EXACT REASON I TOOK DOWN MY PICS AND CHANGED MY NAME ;)
Good Luck with everything. I had the same dilemma with the doctors and I found one here in Houston, Im going to my consult on Sat and see what he says. I want a min of 1000ccs becuz of absorption.
Good luck!

I can't believe there are only 21 days left until...

I can't believe there are only 21 days left until I leave for the DR. I'm so excited and cannot wait to start this new chapter of my life. I went to a black tie event last Thursday and had to buy a new dress bc nothing I had fit :( I can't wait to have a waist and a butt, and to be able to workout again. I've been pretty much sedentary since September, when Nancy from Sakana's office told me no more cardio or P90x bc I wouldn't have enough fat. I feel disgusting and lazy, and that sucks. I also cannot wait for my 30th b day. I hate the idea of turning 30, but the idea of the new hotter me rocking my new curves in Vegas makes me excited and looking forward to it.

I can't believe the crazy amount if girls going to Yily now. I seriously wouldn't change my surgeon now. I feel 100% confident in my decision. Her prices are amazing, and her work is outstanding. Despite the few hiccups along the way, I wouldn't change my decision. Girls, don't get discouraged by the long response time (like I did), or the language barrier. Today I also received an email from western union saying my deposit will be refunded to me bc the transaction was cancelled. It's all annoying but at this point I'm just like whatever. I'm not going to let anything stand in my way. And nothing worth a damn comes easy, right??? Just stick it out and have faith in her. Yily is really the sculpting goddess. Even the natural looking girls, or the ones who didn't initially love their results have amazing bodies that I would kill for. I don't think any other dr can provide the results Yily can. Team Yily allll the way!!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I've been getting a lot of private messages about...

I've been getting a lot of private messages about Yilys contact info, emailing her, price quotes, etc. since I was also bugging about this, I decided to post about this. I started emailing Yily around Christmas time, so I was getting email responses the very next day. Then after Superfly and LBP's blogs blew up, so did Yily. She literally gets over 100 emails a day now, and she answers them herself, so you have to be patient and bare with her ladies. She has a few assistants, but they're not that big of a help IMO. At least not to English speaking patients. My best advice in terms of contacting Yily is to email her at drayilyplastica@gmail.com She has a few phone numbers you can call, but unless you speak fluent Spanish, don't waste your time. It can get very discouraging ladies, but just look at the Yily patient blogs on RS and MMH, breathe and count to ten. Lol. Yily's pre-op and communication process can be a little ass backwards, so I'll share what I found to be the most discouraging:

-Emailing and not getting a response but hearing other girls emailed and got a response before me. That irritated me A LOT. I had to wait 11 days for a response once, and I was afraid she gave my date away bc she had never really confirmed it.
-There was never a formal DO THIS or DON'T DO THIS list or anything.
-There was no contract. It doesn't seem "professional" the way US surgeons are.
-She started accepting Deposirs via Western Union, but after making the deposit and waiting a few days, the deposits have been returned. She sends out an email saying pay your deposit, which will reserve your spot. If you don't, she'll give away any spots/dates that aren't secured with a deposit. DON'T freak out when your deposit is returned, bc it 100% will be. Just another way Yily is doing things ass backwards.

Yily really needs a number for US patients to text questions to, like Dr Robles has. When I got a quote from Robles, I was impressed by this feature. She also needs competent Spanish and English speaking assistants who can help her. She should be focusing on being the surgeon and let her assistants take care of the emails/questions. Imagine how stressed out she must be. She also needs to set up a Paypal account to accept deposits. Western Union is awful, and the money gets returned. Basically (and this is just my assumption, not confirmed) to WU, it looks like Yily is running a scam. You hear about those crooks asking you to send money via WU, taking it and you never hear from them again. Well WU doesn't want to be held accountable for these types of scams, so they're canceling all these transactions. It's ridiculous that she hasn't set up a PayPal account yet. In addition to her workload now, she's going to be getting 100 MORE emails a day from girls bugging out that their deposits were returned and what should they do now, etc. SMDH....lol

I received a quote of $2900 for standard BBL which includes lipo of abdomen/flanks/upper back and fat transfer to butt or hips also. I am getting my chin, inner thighs and arms lipo'd as well, so I'm paying $3400. But don't be surprised if she raises her prices bc she's in high demand, the way Salama and all surgeons do. It's normal.

Hello!! QT im glad you finally found a doctor. I am also having surgery Feb. 19!!! When i booked my appt she had said that she had only one opening for that date... funny how i found you here lol Best of luck to you!
I'll see you there. Can't wait!
Qt, have you join our Yily website yet? New web site for just yily girls. Please go to www.dryilly.ning.com/

Super bummed right now! Unfortunately I'm not...

Super bummed right now! Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to have this surgery in the DR on the 19th with Yily. I'm not going to be able to come up with the cash in time bc of a financial issue, but luckily, I was able to get financing (Care Credit) to cover e cost of the entire procedure with another Dr. So I'm going with my second choice, Dr Perry. His results on smaller girls like myself, are phenomenal, and a great alternative to Yily. I'm still bummed to have to miss out on meeting prettygirlslim and the other girls going around this time, but I think everything happens for a reason, and maybe this is just the path that is meant to be for me. We will see ;) I feel at ease about this change of plans and I'm not stressing the small stuff anymore. My new date options are Feb 20 or March 1. Norma at Dr Perry's office is really helpful and patient with me asking a million questions. And one of the things I liked the most about this new change was that when I sent in my pics for info/quote dr Perry actually called me himself the next day. I'm not hating in Yily bc we all know her results are the fucking bomb, but her communication and organization needs some work. Dr Perry didn't rush me, answered all of my questions and talked to me about ll of my concerns/questions for about 20 mins. What surgeon does that??? Anyway I'm so glad there is a plan B for me, now I just have to see which date is more realistic for me in terms of trying to have someone go with me. If my bf cannot get off in time for the 20th, march 1st will be the date.

So if any of you girls are in need of a quick date with Yily, email her and tell her you want the 19th, second procedure of the day after PGS. I've emailed her informing her st I have to let go of the date.

Thanks!

Hello, I would like to take your date if someone hasn't yet, so how do I go about that? Please get Back to me as soon as you can.. Thank you much Hun...
I haven't heard back from her yet in regards to my cancellation email, so I'm assuming she has no idea yet. But I did hear back from Jzm spa yesterday, so I know they have an opening if you're looking for a recovery house.
Yes I'm going to be staying at the RH, but I can't confirm anything now until I book a date with Dr Yily, can you call Her assistant? cuz I think they are backed up with their emails, and I would love to book ASAP. Thank u much!

I'm just wondering if 1600 CC's is a but much. Dr...

I'm just wondering if 1600 CC's is a but much. Dr Perry said he could probably get 1600 CC's I to each cheek, and when he said that I was like "uh, say what now"??? Lol I just thought that was an insane amount. He said bc I literally have no ass, 1600 CC's would give me what I wanted. I was quoted 900-1000 from Salama. I def don't want a Nikki minaj booty. What do you guys think?

Numbers can be relative to the person different on everyone. He works well with pics. In my mind the more you get the more gets absorbed. I think of ccs like the tape measure, you can tell me anything, but at the end of the day does it look good? For a quick sec I thought i was sad about loosing inches from my butt, but then I realized it is proportinate with my overall body. Ex, I loose an inch from my butt and my waist has gone down almost 10inchs. Wht i like abt Dr. Perry is he considers the whole body and nt just sticking two balls on your back. Sorry so long.
No I agree. Two balls on my back is def not what I'm wanting. Lol
1600cc's does sound like alot. Make sure you express that to him and see what he says. I told him I wanted natural but noticeable and he said he would not go over 1200cc's

I secured my date with Perry today. I wanted to...

I secured my date with Perry today. I wanted to have it done earlier, but I had an event that I bought tickets for months ago, so I couldn't leave before the 1st week of March. So....I'm booked officially for the 13th. I'm NOT changing my mind this time lol no looking back for me. Seriously, this has been a hellish experience for me thus far (in terms of settling on a doctor). I feel good about my choice and I'll be spending the next month getting toned up a bit. I was told not to lose weight, but I really feel fat and disgusting. It's not so much my weight (140), it's that I haven't done cardio or lifted since August, when Nancy from Salama's office told me to STOP doing P90x. I can't wait to feel normal again. Ugh!

congratz on your date with dr perry. im schedule for 3/15/13. im scared but excited. good luck :)

Changed my flight today and looking for hotels....

Changed my flight today and looking for hotels. Eurosuites has the worst customer service possibly ever. When you call to ask for availability they say "Did you look on our website"? UH...last time I checked you worked CUSTOMER SERVICE. I wasn't aware I had to do your job for you. Some people frustrate me. I won't be staying there. Next...

When I travel I usually stay at Hampton Inn, and there's one a little over 1/2 a mile away from Dr Perry's office, which is a plus. It just doesn't have a full kitchen. I'm wondering if that is really a "Necessity" or not? Not sure I'll be cooking on a stove all that much while laid up, but I do know I'm supposed to be watching my sodium intake, and most microwave ready stuff is full of carbs/calories/salt. They do offer a mini fridge and microwave, so I'm just wondering if that is enough? Any ideas for any of you vets?

Check out Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West. The reviews on tripadvisor are good and its less than 1mile from the office.
I'm not a vet, but I think you would be more comfortable with a kitchen. Are you going alone?
I'm pretty sure I will be, unless my bf wants to come assist me for 2-3 days. But he's so against this surgery I doubt that'll happen. Lol

Have any of you ladies worried about going too...

Have any of you ladies worried about going too big? I know ladies sometimes get "booty greed" and wish they had gone larger, but does anyone ever worry about getting too big of a butt???

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I just want to add that I cannot wait to have this...

I just want to add that I cannot wait to have this surgery and get my life back. It's all I think about. It's Friday night and I'm at home looking at pictures of women's asses. FML lolololol

Hey girl! I feel you on flip-flopping with doctors because in the end you should get what you want and should be happy so I think it is great you trusted yourself and went for someone who will give you the results you desire. I am not even bothering telling anyone because quite frankly I just don't give a damn enough to hear people spout stupidity and jealousy and try to tell me not to do it. I'm doing it! And that's that! lol. I'm with Salama in July and am pumped! I am going to look into booking a condo opposed to a hotel room because I think it is a better deal and you get more for your money. And you could split it with another girl going the same time as you. Looking forward to reading more from you :)
Thank you! I couldn't have said it better. I'm also not telling hardly anyone about this procedure. I've told my bf (we live together), and my BFF. Oddly enough, when I told my BFF about Realself being a great support system and a place to vent, she said she though the whole thing was "silly". Surgery and the site. So I got the jealous hater vibe from her as well, and we all know my bf is against this surgery and tells me everyday I'm making the wrong decision and "mutilating my body" I swear I can't catch a break. I wish I lived alone and hadn't confused in anyone.
I wouldn't even talk to them about it then. They are just going to make you second guess yourself about the procedure, and make you feel bad or guilty. I think it is sad that a lot of females see other women as competition and even their own best friends can be considered in this way. You mentioned you have a complicated relationship with your bf, and to be honest I think a bf/or gf could be against it because of the attention you will receive and they are insecure. In the end the surgery is for YOU and it is YOUR body, so screw them girl. Go get your sexy on! lol

Hey ladies, we've all seen Perry's back incisions...

Hey ladies, we've all seen Perry's back incisions and scarring, I'm wondering if the incisions/scars are visible. I just don't want scars on my face or under my chin. This surgery needs to be as hidden as possible.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I just bought an inflatable donut pillow to sit on...

I just bought an inflatable donut pillow to sit on post op/flight back home. I had heard that the boppy was alright, but I figured that bc the inflatable pillow can be really firm depending on how full you blow it up, it might be a better option than the squishy pillow. Anyone have any opinion on this?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I just booked my hotel room at Eurosuites, which...

I just booked my hotel room at Eurosuites, which is less than 4 miles from dr Perry's office and a little over a mile from the airport, via hotels.com. Great customer service, only $1139 for 7 nights, with full kitchen, free wifi, etc. This includes all taxes, fees, etc, and the customer service rep confirmed that there will not be any additional "deposit" or charge for incidentals, etc. Great deal. Only downside is no free breakfast, but with a full kitchen I can make my own breakfast. No biggie to me, I never eat the free breakfasts anyway, lol. I can stock up on fruits, granola, cereal etc with the full kitchen. I am beyond excited to check another thing off my list. Now I just need to complete the following, and I'm good to go:

*Nedege will be my post op caretaker. She and I estimated approximately 40 hours of after care (including pick up/drop off from airport, going to all pre/post op appointments with me, taking me to the store before surgery to get all food etc for the 7 days, driving to/from all massages with Miriam, etc: $600 ($15/hour).
*$65/massage with Miriam, I'm budgeting for 5, so $325.
*Pre-op testing which may be covered by my insurance, and hoping it can be completed in time (3 weeks left to go and Norma is sending it to me tomorrow), if not $150 to have tests performed in FL day before surgery.
*$250 I allotted for meds (just bc the post op meds for Dra Yily were $250, I have no idea how much they are going to be for Perry).
*$300 for pre-op food/supplies once I get to FL.

So far here are the things I've bought for surgery:
*Flight through Delta
*Epi foams
*Board
*Detergent to wash garments
*4 tank dresses
*Iron tabs (pre-op)
*multivitamin (pre-op)
*Vitamedica 2 week pre-op and post-op supplements (contains bromelain, arnica, vitamins etc)
*female urinal
*tank tops for under garment
*pajama pants
*bacitracin
*gauze
*surgical tape
*inflatable donut pillow
*shower curtains (to line bed for first 3 days just to be safe)

Still need to purchase:

*little makeup
*pull on sweater
*money
*passport
*baggy sweat pants to lounge
*leggings

Things I was told to avoid post surgery:
*shrimp
*crab
*egg
*lamb
*peanuts
*lots of sodium

Also wondering about the following:
*post op compression needed for arms and chin?
*I'm getting 2 free garments from Dr Perry bc of his "realself promotion" that he's running. Wondering if I should buy another one once I get back.

If you ladies think of anything else, let me know.

I recommend the chin lipo I got a lil taken out n I thought it was hurt ,but when I wake up I didn't feel any pain there ,I thought the Dr didn't take anything out til I felt the band aid n saw a big difference when I saw it in the mirror.
Yes I'm in need. Gaining the weight for surgery and my lack of eating right to maintain it has left me with a nasty double chin lol. I'm ready for it to be gone. How did yours heal? You look all around fabulous. You're one of my wish pics for dr P ;) do you know how many cc's he gave you to butt and hips?
It heal very well the scaring is very minimum its look a fickle. I think I got lik1200cc in each.

Hey Vets, just wondering what you wore the day of...

Hey Vets, just wondering what you wore the day of surgery? Did you wear a maxi dress? Button ups? Pants? I'm trying to pack lightly, so please let me know what to wear day of surgery. Thanks!

You're almost there girl! :)
I know. I can't believe it. I was on this site last summer searching for the right surgeon and it felt like my time would never come. Now it's here and I'm sooo excited but also sooo nervous. Lol. I'm going alone and I think that's a big part of my nervousness. I'm going to be shitting a brick in Perry's office when he marks me up. Lol
Don't crack any tiles with those bricks LOL! You're funny QT. The days must feel like an eternity right? I would just want to hibernate for those 2 weeks and wake up and go to surgery haha.

Ladies, if any of you had the pre-op testing done...

Ladies, if any of you had the pre-op testing done in Florida at the place Dr Perry recommends, could you please comment? Norma mentioned this place right across the street from Perry's office (don't know it's name) does the pre-op testing for $150. I'm wondering if that includes the physical, lab work and EKG.

Also, what the hell did they make you do for the EKG?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

So I just had the biggest fight with my ex...

So I just had the biggest fight with my ex fiancé, who I still live with (baby's father), over this BbL procedure. Basically, he says I'm a bad mother and "what kind of message am I sending to her" by getting this done?? I'm like are you kidding me??? I'm a great, loving, doting mom with a fantastic relationship so my daughter. I've never even been away from her at all, and I know being gone for 7days is going to be so hard, but to make matters worse now I'm a bad person and a bad mom bc I'm changing the shape of my body??? Are you kidding me? He said that my decision to have this surgery is selfish and hurting my daughter min like HOW? She's 4. She doesn't need to know what I'm going on a trip for. She doesn't need to know I'm having surgery. He said "don't you think she's gong to notice that your body looks different whe you come home"? I'm like YES maybe, but she's 4, and doesn't know the difference between what is aesthetically more pleasing or attractive than the other in terms of women's shapes. She doesn't think about that. COME ON!!! I then asked him if I had to have back surgery, would I be a "bad mom" for that as well, and of course he says NO bc it wouldnt be a selfish, elective surgery to change my appearance. It would be medically necessary. A back surgery is more risky and more invasive than a BBL. Its a couple of small incisions, not opening up the body by the spine!!! I'm so pissed right now. If there's one thing I do not play with, it's my role as a mother. I'm a great mom, and love my daughter more thn anything. I grew up with a really shitty mom, and he knows that, and knows how much I love my daughter, and how much she loves me. He knows that criticizing me as a mother is about as low and hurtful as you could get, yet chooses to do it anyway. Why??? For the sake of me changing my mind and not having this surgery??? Wy does he think he can change my mind by insulting me rather than really sitting me down and being sensitive and really addressing his concerns? I just do not understand how someone could be so fucking mean. I'm pissed and hurt right now. What a monster.

He sounds a tad insecure for the huge change ur about to make! Ur about to be a HUGE PROBLEMMMMM!!! Dont mind him!!!
yup mines was but he did some research n he is a little bit understanding now. but yea chi they scared of competition
He seems insecure because he knows you're going to come back looking like a new woman..that means more competition for him. I had a disagreement with my signif other except from a "you look perfectly fine" stand point, which I still identify as his underlying insecurity. Do what YOU want to do for YOU.

Ok girls, I'm back with a vengeance. Lol. Last...

Ok girls, I'm back with a vengeance. Lol. Last night (more like 2am this morning) I decided to sign up for match.com just to "see" who I might attract and woke up to 52 emails from match.com. This made me feel better. ;) lol

At this point, what he said last night is irreparable. Match.com was just the confidence boost and affirmation that I needed.

TO THE LEFT, NEXT!!! Lol

52 emails? That number will be 522 after your sx date girl! ;) Get em hon!
Lmaoooo I hope so ;)
MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU, JUST DON'T MOVE TO FAST... FIRST THINGS FIRST TAKE CARE OF BABY, THEN YOUR BODY AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW.. YOUR AN ATTRACTIVE WOMAN AND I HAVE NOT DOUBT YOU WILL ATTRACT MEN THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. MATCH WILL ALWAYS BE THERE... LOOK FOWARD TO SEEING YOUR RESULTS... I'M SMILING FOR YOU... MY BF IS VERY SUPPORTIVE AND PAYING FOR THE PROCEDURE AN A LIL VACATION BEFORE THE PROCEDURE. IT WILL HAPPEN FOR YOU TOO... LOVE YA!

Hey girls! I've started my Vitamedica on Tuesday...

Hey girls! I've started my Vitamedica on Tuesday and still picking up a few little odds and ends here and there until I get everything on that list. Now on to the depressing part:

I weighed myself yesterday for the first time since Christmas (when I was 137). I'm not about 142/143 and that is SAD :( I feel so fat and gross, it isn't for me. I stopped working out in August when I had been communicating with Nancy from Salama's office. She saw my pics and said STOP working out NOW, and gain some weight, bc you will not get the projection you want with little body fat. SO...I haven't done ANYTHING since August (besides bike riding). No cardio, no weight lifting, just eating and being fat. I feel really bad about how I look naked right now. Thank God Perry will be hooking me up in 13 days.

I also measured my waist and it's gone up 3-4 inches. I am now a 32. That is scary. My question to you ladies is this:

Having projection is very important to me. I don't like wide butts, but more bubble butt with projection. I guess that is a shelf??? I dunno. BUT, with that said, having a really nice, sculpted body is also VERY important to me as well. I would say equally important as the butt. My goal is to be a 25 inch waist (or maybe smaller). Do you think this is possible coming from a 32 inch pre-op waist size? I am still a size 29/8 in jeans, they just fit tighter in the waist. Do you think I should break out some serious cardio these 12 days and lose a couple of lbs and at least an inch or two from my waist in the meantime? I have had no restrictions diet wise, and no exercise. I just don't want to be disappointed post op, bc I know that I won't be able to work out still for 6-8 weeks post op either, and i don't want to be chunky anymore. I also don't want to lose fat if I DO need it for the projection I want. I am thinking 1200-1300 in the butt and 200-300 in the hips for a 1400-1600cc total.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Alright girls, just for giggles I uploaded a...

Alright girls, just for giggles I uploaded a screen shot from the psycho baby's father/ex fiancé/potty mouth/DICK bag I unfortunately still live with for the sake of my daughter. These are the type of texts I'm getting every day. Usually multiple times a day. Very mean, manipulating and abusive. I'm not posting for sympathy, but to show you all The type of drama and stress I'm receiving about this surgery. I hope none of you all are going through backlash as extreme as mine. Lol it I seriously laugh at these texts. This dude is craaaaazzzzyyy and so not in control (which is killing him inside) bahahaha.

i hope once this is done u have the courage and that confidence boost to leave him. yr not abandoning yr daughter yr leaving her with her father...... he trying to manipulate you!! this mental abuse and im pretty sure this is not he first time but after a while of this u start believing all the horrible stuff they tell and then the "drama" becomes the normal and its not!! this kinda hit a little to close to home for me BUT i left his ass!! i have a 14 month old SON and i dont want him to grow and think these things r okay!! and im also 15 weeks pregnant ya the thought of being a single parent and not giving my kids a normal family kills me but IM NO VICTIM n i wont allow my kids to grow up in this. i love them more than life and my life. i think sometimes he got pregnant just so i wouldnt have this sx but i live i learned and with god and my kids i can do it ALOT of ppl r single mothers and do it everyday. i want my kids to be responsible and loving adults!! and with a father that hasnt grown up it wont happen had i stood!! god bless you!! and ill pray for u and yr baby and ill pray god guides you to do whats best!! goodluck with sx and u will look beautiful then what u are all ready!!
Thank you honey. I commend you for bring a strong, beautiful woman. I agree that men like these need to be in our rear view. The though of bring a single mom dies scare me, but I practically am now. He's basically just a paycheck. My issue is that I'd be moving back home over 1000 miles away so it's the issue of having her away from her father during the school year, and away from me all throughout the summer. I am at point where I'm stick between a harder decision and an even harder decision: stay and hear this garbage everyday (believe it or not my self-esteem is still in tact but its just exhausting EVERY day about something always) for the sake of my daughter or be separated from her 3 months of the year. Both options suck!!!
Girls, if you knew me you'd know I'm the kind of mom who takes my daughter everywhere, would do anything for her, and loves her more than life. She is my heart. He rarely sees her. Maybe that's his insecurity talking. Lol

I spoke with Norma, who told me not to lose any...

I spoke with Norma, who told me not to lose any weight. She said she started out at 140-something and her waist is the smallest now that it's ever been. I said OK, and I'm trusting her judgement.

Now to decide whether to use Miriam or Eric. I've heard Miriam is the best in terms if technique, but it's pass out level serious pain with her. Then I've heard Eric is good also. Better with being more sensitive to the fact you just had surgery, but as they days go on he gets more aggressive. Any of you girls who've used either of them can give me some insight?

Just finishing up my list of supplies. Can't believe I leave for Miami in less than 11 days. :)

9 more days
I know!!!! Eeekkkk
It crept up so quick

Hi girls! I'm one week from leaving NYC on my way...

Hi girls! I'm one week from leaving NYC on my way to Perry. I'm so excited but also nervous. I know surgery will be fine, just worried about days 1-5 post op. aka HELL. Lol. But it'll be all worth it in the end. Everything that I need for surgery is ready to go. Labs being done tomorrow. Buying the rest of my supplies in Florida (depends, chux, food etc)

Question to the Perry vets: how are your scars? Are they very noticeable, and how long post op did it take for them to fade?

Hi QT as far as the massage therapists are concerned you should consider which one is closest to where your staying, unless they come to you. Do they both charge the same? Are you getting ready for the storm? And no I am not referring to your BF. LOL.
Lol!!! I'm staying at euro suites and Nedege my caregiver, said Eric is very close and Miriam is wayyyy far away. And yes I'm prepping. My ex can say what he wants. It won't change a thing. Lol
I just read Eric charges 50 for the massages thats 15 less than Miriam for each massage. I will probably use him when i'm brave enough and make my decision. I can't believe you are one week from tomorrow.

Just woke up completely congested. My snot is...

Just woke up completely congested. My snot is bright yellow/orange which must mean infection, right?

Luckily I'm having my labs done with my dr today at 11:15. I'm going to ask him to prescribe me something to kick this. I guess I'll have to call Norma and ask what I can take. :(

Always something...lol

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Dr's office called me and said there was a problem...

Dr's office called me and said there was a problem with EKG machine (it's always something right? Lol) and fit me in tomorrow instead. I need my labs back by Tuesday morning and my dr swears they'll be done on time. So I'm crossing my fingers that I won't have to spend another $150 when I get to FL bc labs weren't finished on time. But they swear they'll be ready.

Also, I'm one week away ladies!!!! Surgery next Wednesday. Leaving Tuesday morning. Holy hell. I can't believe it. I updated new pictures of myself for before/after comparison. My chin is gross. My thighs are sweating in dresses bc theyre touching and rubbing together. My arms look like drum sticks so flabby. My weight right now is 140, even, and I feel really in attractive at this weight. The weight isn't the issue so much as the NO TONE whatsoever. I've been this weight but muscular and I look totally different. 7 days cannot come soon enough for me!

I asked dr about the cold. Told him I've been drinking orange juice and taking my pre-op vitamins. He said I should kick it before 7 days and to drink Emergen-C to help kick whatever this is before it turns into full blown sickness. My 4 year old got sick 2 days ago so it was only a matter of time. Lol

Can't wait ladies!!!! 2013 is my year! ;)

feel better boo
try honey n lime,(island treatment)
Tea with honey and lime? I like that combo. Thanks ;)

Hey girls, I had my labs done yesterday. I asked...

Hey girls, I had my labs done yesterday. I asked my dr about my cold as well. He said its nothing serious and I should be good in a few days. My sinuses are completely clogged and sneezing/coughing but no fever chills etc. so I'm hoping by Monday I'm good. I'm wondering if perry will still allow you to go under Anesthesia if your sinuses are congested? Anyone know?

I can't believe in just a few days it'll be my turn. I've been looking forward to this for such a longgg time and had to deal with so much negativity about it behind the scenes. It's crazy to think that you watch the other girls go through it, and their journeys, and that it's finally YOUR turn. So excited!!!

Good luck girl!! I can't wait to see your new you!! ;)
Thank you girl!
I know this is none of my business, but I myself have been in a very toxic and abusive relationship that absolutely drained me emotionally and physically. It is not worth staying in that relationship where only negativity and degradation run rampant. No one should live like that. You and your daughter deserve more than that. I get that is her father, but I don't think kids should be the only reason two people are together. In the end that toxic relationship hurts them just as much. A good woman deserves a mate male or female that respects, trusts, loves, and supports them.

I'm upstairs packing, preparing for the trip and...

I'm upstairs packing, preparing for the trip and my 4 year old walks in (she's home from school sick with pink eye in BOTH eyes, ugh). She says "please don't go mommy. I'm going to miss you, heart (we call each other our "hearts")". Then I say I'll be back soon and she starts crying and says, "but who will take care of me and stuff? I need my mama. I thought wherever you go, I go?"

I just died :(

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Just wondering if anyone's gotten a massage day of...

Just wondering if anyone's gotten a massage day of surgery. Also on Sundays who did you vets go to for a massage? Eric is off Sundays. Thanks

Good luck on your trip tomorrow. Will be praying for you.
Thank you Teddy. I'll check in once I'm out of pre-op and let you ladies know how it went.
Oh man, your little one is so precious! I think my heart just clenched up at that! You will be fine and she will be in your arms before you know it. You are almost there girly.

Packed, all set at airport and boarding now. I'll...

Packed, all set at airport and boarding now. I'll let you girls know when I get there. I can't believe it's TIME!!!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Ok so here's the scoop: Nedege picked me up from...

Ok so here's the scoop: Nedege picked me up from the airport. She's the coolest chick. She's so easy to get along with and she tells it like it is, very straightforward. We go to Perry's office, he's sitting at the front desk with Norma (who btw is gorgeous) and is kicking it just like a normal, regular guy. He asked me if I wanted sushi bc he was ordering. You know how you feel nervous around doctors, or they're so "serious"? I was laughing with him all day. He was the COOLEST guy. Very informative, honest, and made jokes with me all afternoon. Going over all info I showed him pics, I got undressed and we discussed realistically what I wanted. I told him petite curvy. He said 2000 cc's. I was like "say what now"? Lol but he swears he's going to deliver what I want. He says my waist and love handles are going to be so much smaller, my butt will be a perfect heart shape, and overall I'm going to love my results. I feel really good about choosing him at this point. He's down to earth and I can tell he really CARES about his patients. No booty mill here. He does 2 patients per day, and has the time to really FOCUS on them, which I love. I can't speak on my results yet, as I go in for surgery at 7:15 am tomorrow morning, but as far as pre-op is concerned I give him an A+

We talked about a lot of different things. I asked him how long to wait before sitting. He said a few days, and said 5 min increments here and there on boppy pillow would be fine. He said about 2 weeks until I could start to walk for exercise, and 3-4 weeks to start actual working out. But said not to overdo it, and everyone recovers differently. I forget when he said its ok to start sitting normally again, for extended periods of time, so I'll ask him again. I literally got like 4 hours of information from them today, so my mind is fried. Lol but I did ask him how long to wait before having sex, and he said whenever YOU are ready. He just said to be gentle to the booty. Lololol

That's all for now girls. I'm so happy I chose Perry at this point in my journey. His whole staff is awesome, and Nedege rocks. Everyone so far has been incredible. I saw one of his patients today 6 days post op. she looked GOOD!!! Like damn good. I was happy.

Good night girls. I slept 2 1/2 hours last night. I'm wiped. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers tonight/tomorrow and during recovery. I'm not looking forward to that part. :(

Good luck
Good luck hon! :)
You will be back home before you know it.

Alright girls I am ready to go. Leaving hotel room...

Alright girls I am ready to go. Leaving hotel room now. I slept like a baby last night, surprisingly. I hadn't slept the night before. Much needed zzzzz. Lol

I weighed myself yesterday. I weigh 134/135. The stress of the week and being sick put me right back where I started from originally. Ain't that a B? Lol. My waist measurement is 29 1/2 and my hips are a sad 36 1/2 inches. Get ready for the voluptuous QT. *werkkkkk*. Lmaoooo

In good spirits today girls. Very calm and happy. Now lets see how post-op goes ;) xoxo to you all. *muah***

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Jova809's results are exactly what I want. I...

Jova809's results are exactly what I want. I looked into Dr Perry and found he gives great curvy, hourglass shapes, the projection I desire, and accepts care credit. I was content to choose him bc my plan to Yily fell through last minute. I'm sure ill be in good hands and thrilled with the results.

I'M SO EXCITED!

To read part 2 my BBL journey, please click here.

I see its been a year since your bbl surgery with Dr. Perry - any updates? :)
Hi I updated my part 2 Thursday. Check it out. ;)
Oooh okay. I totally missed the part 2 link at the bottom of review. Lol! Checking it out now...
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Girls, you will never find another doctor like this one! I'm freshly post op, but just this far he's the sweetest, most skilful surgeon you're EVER going to meet.