40 Year Old African American Nurse with Two Adult Children Who Wants to Do Something for Herself - Miami, FL

I've been researching the bbl procedure for some...

I've been researching the bbl procedure for some time and once thought this was unobtainable for myself until someone I knew had the procedure done. I had the privilege to remove her sutures and saw what an awesome job Dr Ortega had done, I called and spoke with Karla at spectrum and made that commitment, I paid my deposit and it's been ago from that point on. I am a little nervous and have many questions (some are repeated questions...LOL). I've found this site to be very helpful and addictive. I welcome any advice and precautions. Dr. Ortega will be doctor and I'm scheduled for surgery 9/24/14. Oh yeah, I've lost 40lbs over the course of two years and have become very active. I want to step up my sexy just a little

The count down begins. Surgery is 9/24/14

I'm so nervous now that I'm a month away from my surgery date. Grrrrrr

I need help!

I've learned that I need medical clearance however, my Dr has no appt available until Oct my surgery is scheduled for 9/24/14. Everything is paid for my bbl dr is ortega. What my options?

change of plans

I'm flying into ft Lauderdale on Monday 9/22 to get a physical before my surgery on 9/24. My md had no appt until mid oct. Has anyone else had a physical before surgery that sees ortega?

ladies I need your help

Do I need to have my Mirena removed before my surgery and if so, how soon? My surgery date is 9/24

diabetic wanting a bbl sooooo bad

Anyone here had problems with surgery because they are diabetic? What medical clearance was needed for a diabetic? Please help!

my surgery has been canceled

My labs were abnormal so they canceled my surgery today.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Karla at spectrum has been awesome. She has replied to all my questions in a timely manner.

Good luck to you!
Dont get discourage momma...dont give up. good luck!1
I had to give myself a little pepp talk but I'm good. Now I'm looking to have surgery during my Christmas break. Maybe after the new year. I gotta get my blood sugar levels under control first.
You will be fine mama... God Bless
Thanks ma'am for the support.
YOU GO GIRL..Your day is almost here..AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR LIFE CHANGING RESULTS..I'm also 40 and getting ready to have a bbl in March..SO EXCITED FOR US..YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS..
Im so freaking nervous though. Thanks for the support and I will definitely post pictures
ACtually I am nervous too..But the more I think about it and how time is not stopping for me I keep telling myself go 4 it..AND MAKE IT COUNT..DO WHAT IS GOING TO MAKE YOU HAPPY,HAVE NO REGRETS AND LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST..AND AFTER YOUR HEALED MAKE SURE YOU STUNT YOUR NEW CURVES..:-) Like nobody's BUSINESS..LOL
Please post after pics in scrubs lol. I am a nursing student by night & cna by day & I hateeeee the way I look in scrubs. I'm so ready for my dream booty!!! So happy for you. I am also looking into dr Ortega. Good luck & congrats!!
I sure will.
Thank you!!!! I can't wait lol
I'm so freaking nervous though.
Don't be!!!!! This is a joyous occasion!!! You're finally getting what you want. I'm sad I have to still save so I'll be lucky if I even get surgery in 2016 :(
Some of my surgery cost was financed through medicalfinancing.com. Have you thought about getting your surgery financed?
I don't know if I will qualify. I have no credit. Never had a credit card or anything in my name
Google medical clearance or go to a clinic in your area sometimes you can get a medical clearance for a 100 bucks or based on ur income and if all else fails go to the E.R at a nearest hospital complaining of chest pains and girl they will do a CBC everything to rule out ur diagnosis! Hope this helps but yes a medical clearance is the first thing you get done when u decide u want to do any sx becz u want your doctor to clear u for any sx! Best wishes!
Thanks for the info. I just changed jobs and my insurance begins 9/1/14 and then spectrum told me it has to be within 30 days so that's why I waited so long. But if all else fails, I'm going to the er.
Rt good luck ! Keep us posted ok?
Good luck Doll and welcome to RS, Best of luck in this Journey. Muah
Thankslaxiez for the support. Its truly appreciated
You look amazing after your weight lost keep it up. You're gonna look great, but I do recommend Dr.Salama if you're doing it in the states. His work is great!
Ooohhh girl you looking good already. The bbl sx will give you that waist and butt. Can't wait to see your results. Good luck
Thanks ladies for the kind words. Im so excited about this next journey im about to go on.
Welcome! Congrats on the weightloss and what an excellent choice for a ps. :)
Welcome to RS! OMG! You go mommy! U did great!!!! Congratulations ! Yes it is time to do something for yourself and your RS SUSTAS are here for you! Chk out my part one and part 2 journal I think I may address most of your questions or at least it will be a great read! I'm heRe for you just holla at ya girl ! Enjoy ur journey and best wishes and do like I do have fun with it cause there will be days WHN we all wanted to scream n cry but we have each other on here!