Dr. O Changed My Life! - Miami, FL

Pros: No more hiding excess skin with shapewear!...

Pros: No more hiding excess skin with shapewear! Cons: None! You can't excersise away skin - if you've done all the work to lose the weight you deserve it! After working hard to lose over 140 lbs through diet and exercise, I was still left with excess hanging skin all over my body.

Hi great results! You so deserve it for all your effort. I have lost 100 pounds and kept it off for two years. I need about the amount of skin removed as you. Can you tell me how much your proceedures cost and what you combined. Does he do any corrective surgery for free if problem in first surgery? Can you share any closer photos of your arms and tummy to show your scaring (I understand if you can not - I just know the arm scars worry me and there is not a lot of pic to show) I also know scar is better than wings and I have a really bad case. Thanks in advance for your reply. Paula in Zephyrhills FL
Hi :) Congrats on your weight loss and maintenance! We did the body lift, breasts, arms and some face work in the first surgery, the thigh lift was the second surgery and I had a third surgery, a "back lift" to remove some extra skin from my bra line area. I hesitate to post what I specifically paid because I know every case is different and I don't want anyone to be counting on that number, but you should expect it will be somewhere between $15,000 and $35,000 depending on which procedures you need and/or choose. He does not charge any additional fee for necessary revisions, but i do believe you pay for the anesthesiologist which is about $1000. I will take some pictures of my arms and some closer pictures of the scars and put them up as soon as I get a chance. Take care and good luck!! :-)
Thank you for your reply :) ~ and for taking the time to post the arm pics when you can. I had a bad experience with my first consult and since have been fearful in trying another. I am extreamly sensitive about my arms so I think once I have that done and "live to tell the tale LOL" I will be willing to go forward with the other things I need done. My arms and legs carried a lot of my weight when I was heavier. I had a doc on here reply that they can put a mesh across the tummy to help you maintain better weightloss do you know anything about that? My friend in TX had LBL and she said it is really hard for her to overeat because he tummy is so tight now... do you experience that? Sorry for so many random thoughts and questions it is just nice to talk to someone who is in the area of a doc I could consult with :) ~ Thanks much ~ Paula
Miami Plastic Surgeon

After doing a lot of research, and having a few disappointing consultations, I finally found Dr. Okpaku, who is double board certified, and after reading about his "Total Body Lift", I knew that was exactly what I needed. His staff is very friendly and when I met with Dr. O, I felt comfortable and liked him right away. He explained everything thoroughly and answered all my questions. I was very excited, and confident that I had found the best surgeon to perform the procedure. I was only afraid of the price, but it was surprisingly reasonable and his staff helped with a financing plan that I could afford and I had the surgery a few weeks later. Sometimes I can't believe this is my stomach it looks so good - and the backside looks great too. He also did a breast lift, an arm lift so I have no more "wings", and did an inner thigh lift in a second surgery. He did a great job and I highly recommend anyone thinking about doing a body lift, or any other cosmetic procedure, to consult with Dr. Okpaku!