It is Painful. Don't Let the Other Reviewers Fool You! - Miami, FL

I had the procedure done 3 days ago. Let me first...

I had the procedure done 3 days ago. Let me first start by saying it is painful. I wasn't expecting it to be after reading the other reviews on this site, but it is!!

I had a consultation the day before the procedure and the nurse decided the large applicator would be the best option for me. The large applicator cost $1250 for the lower abdomen, which was reduced from $1500 because of a Valentine's day special the office was running. I scheduled my procedure for the following day.

Started off by taking pictures, then we went into the procedure room. They first put a gel pad on your skin to protect it from the cold of the applicator. Warning! That gel pad is extremely cold! Then the machine is turned on and the vaccum starts sucking before the applicator is placed on your skin. Once it is placed on the skin, the suction begins immediately. It is painful having your blubber being sucked into a small chamber! I was not expecting that much pain, and for the first 5 mins, I wasn't sure if I would be able to continue. I started feeling a little dizzy, hot, and had a slight urge to throw up. The first 5 mins were the worst. Then after around 10 mins, either my body started getting used to the pain or maybe the coolness of the plates numbed my skin, because it started to become bareable. However for those first 10 mins I had to concentrate on how great I would look after it was done just to keep going. I also felt a lot of pressure and didn’t feel like I could take a deep breath, but that subsided after the first 10 mins. Forget about trying to cough, so don’t go if you’re sick! During the remaining 50 mins, the only pain I felt was at the base of the applicator. Maybe because that part of the skin isn't cooled by the applicator and therefore doesn't get numb. I also felt a little cramping and a slight sensation like the fat was being separated from the connective tissue. As far as the cooling part, that was surprisingly a breeze. I felt the coolness, but it didn’t feel cold. I'm usually very sensitive to cold, but maybe if the pain from the suction wasn’t there I would have noticed it. The entire procedure is still very unpleasant, so I highly recommend taking a magazine or book or something to keep your mind off of what you are feeling. I had my laptop propped up on the pillow and my lower thighs and did some work, but a trash magazine would've probably worked better!

After the hour was over, the nurse came in to remove the applicator. The applicator still had suction going after the time was up, so she had to pry it off of my stomach. The blubber was congealed into the shape of the applicator, then the nurse started massaging it in order to break up the fat. The more she touched it, the more painful it got. After only about 15 seconds, I had to tell her to stop because it was soooo painful! She massaged the left a second or two more than the right side and then I started to feel a sharp pain on the side where she massaged it too much. It was horrible! I had to ask for a pain killer because it was so painful. However each minute that passed after she stopped massaging it, the pain subsided. I didn't need to take any more painkiller for the rest of the day or even until now (3 days later), so that was by far the the worst part of the entire ordeal.

After reading others' reviews, I thought I'd be able to work out in the evening as usual, but that was not the case. My stomach was so sore that I couldn't even touch it. It was swollen and even hurt when I walked, because the slight bounce of excess flab stimulated the nerves. I think a girdle or something that holds the flab tight would help to alleviate the pain if someone didn't have the luxury of sitting around after the procedure like I did. As long as I was still and didn't accidentally bump anything on my stomach, there was no pain.

Each day my stomach is feeling slightly less and less pain. Today it is still sore/numb, but not as bad as the first day. When there is pain, for example when walking or bumping the stomach, it feels a little like being electrocuted, which I imagine is due to the nerve sensitivity. Every now and then there is a shooting pain, but it doesn't last and I can go about my business. I'll post an update and pictures in a couple weeks.

Had the procedure done Feb 23 and today is Feb 28....

Had the procedure done Feb 23 and today is Feb 28. Last night I could barely sleep due to the sharp pains and what felt like jolts of electricity in my abdomen. I took advil, but that didn't do anything. After suffereing for a few hours in bed, I finally got an idea to try ice packs, since that helped to numb the pain during the procedure. That worked for a little while and I was able to get some sleep.

After reading other reviews, I called the place where I had it done to ask for Neurontin (a nerve blocker). I'm waiting for a call back. From what the other reviewers are saying, the pain usually begins around day 4 and ends around day 14. It's really frustrating that no one tells you how bad the pain will be and the office where I had it done made it sound like I'm the only one who was felt that much pain. It seems to me that a majority of people are experiencing it, not only me like they want you to believe!!

Today is Day 11 and there is still pain. It's...

Today is Day 11 and there is still pain. It's easing up a little, but I'm still not able to work out or do anything that makes my stomach jiggle. I'm so annoyed, because I had hoped to be able to continue working out 4 days a week after getting this thing done. I'm basically bed and couch ridden, so I'm getting fatter because I'm just sitting around all day. Ugh, sooooo #$% annoying!!!!!!! By the way, the Neurontin is not a miracle worker like I thought it would be. It only takes the edge off of the pain and if I take it during the day, I get dizzy and sleepy. I can only take it at night for that reason. So I also got Dr. Bowes to call in a prescription for LipoDerm for me. 7 patches cost me around $70, which makes me soooo mad, because they don't even work all that well. They also take the edge off, but they do not take the pain away. What a waste of money. I will be so pissed if this procedure doesn't work and I had to suffer through this shitty quality of life while I wait to feel better.

I am 3 weeks post procedure. The...

I am 3 weeks post procedure. The shooting/stabbing/electrocution jolt pain stopped on day 13 (Mar 6). The pain was a gradual buildup and the pain peaked between days 4-11. There was also a gradual reduction in pain from then on. Even today, day 23, I am not completely without pain. However the only time I feel it is when I touch the stomach area. It feels like a bruise. Luckily with bruises, they don't hurt unless you touch them and that is when you realize one is there.

I'm still wearing low rise pants since tight waistbands or jeans on my stomach are still uncomfortable. It is miles away from the sensation I had before, but it is still more comfortable not to have anything tight on that area. A loose-fitting waistband is perfectly fine though. I've been able to exercise since the pain stopped at day 13. For the first few days after that, I had to wear a compression garment on my stomach in order to run or jog because I felt non-painful shocks when the stomach moved. Now I don't need anything.

I was hoping to see some results since I read on others' pages that they began seeing results at Week 3. I don't notice any difference yet, but I can say that the swelling is gone. Yay! I'll post pics once I see some improvements or at the 2 month mark, whichever comes first.

I really want to thank everyone who posted comments. Your support and comments helped to get me through this painful experience.

It has been over 2 months, and I do notice that it...

It has been over 2 months, and I do notice that it has worked for me. However, the one downside is that the results are not even. The left side is flatter than the right side and now that my lower abs are smaller, it looks like I have an upper stomach bulge.

Regarding the left side being flatter than the right side, the only explanation I can think of is that after the procedure when the nurse did the massage, she worked on the left side slightly more than the right side. The pain was so unbearable that I just couldn't have her try to massage the right side equally since I was reeling from the pain. Now I'm kinda stuck with the consequences. It's not horrible, but it also doesn't look natural. I want to get my upper abs done now so that it matches better with my lower abs. I started exercising, so if that doesn't help, then I'll probably go back for the upper abs.

But I'm happy that the lower abs worked. Pants that used to be too tight on my waist now actually fit. I guess all of the pain wasn't a waste.

The name of creame was Neuropathy from Walgreen
Worried44 The love handles were nothing! A total breeze and zero pain. NOTHING like the lower abs. I'm glad for you that you had great results. Mine are so miniscule! haha :)
I bet if I did a second round of treatments, the results would be better. However, I cannot stand to go through the lower ab pain again! I may do the love handles again because it was not painful at all..exept in my wallet
Hi all! I had my low abs done in Feb. I had terrible pain from it for 2 wks, but had great results. Thinking of getting the love handles done. If anyone had both of these areas done would you let me know how the love handle pain was in comparison to the low ab area and results too. Thank you so much.
p.s. I finally gave up waiting for a change and and bought new pants at the same size:-(
I had the procedure done March 15th on lower abs and love handles. I am just now noticing the TINIEST amount of results, but definitely NOT worth the amount of money I spent, or the INSANELY painful electric shocks I endured for ten days after. Those were the longest ten days of my life lol. SO dissapointed and I am so ashamed to say I fell for this gimmick!
yes-glad I only told 3 people-never considered myself a gullible person but....they got me this time...just wish I could warn others...
I went for a 4 month followup today including pics-I w as shocked to see a TINY improvement as I thought I had none-As you say, definately not worth the pain or money!!
Update: Well 8 months later and I can't really recommend this procedure. While I do see a difference, there was just too much recovery time and pain. One side is smaller than the other with the area treated now pouchy and loose. In addition the fat just moved up, so I looked pregnant! A month ago I started a weight loss diet due to high blood sugar so I am seeing more results from just eating right than I saw from Coolsculpting. I guess there are no easy answers. Would have rather had full on lipo if I was going to have this little result for that much pain.
can someone post a utube review video on this ad post a link it would be helpful to those who re thinking of having it done
I can't do a video but I can tell you that it didn't work for me at all! Alot of pain and wasted money! Very disappoinitng!
I will make sure to post my experience with liposonix which I had not heard of either until she mentioned it...I researched it states it uses high intensity focused ultrasound energy to reduce fat in the area needed...she is going to target my upper and lower abs...results are supposed to be 8 to 12 weeks...side effects: discomfort, pain, cold, prickling, tingling or warmth..immedately after you may experience redness, bruising, discomfort, and swelling..didn't mention no down time...does this sound familiar...However I have to try it since she is doing it for free I have to try one last thing to recover my 2k...I am hoping because I am expecting the worst that it won't be that bad...
procedure date 05/30/12 will give you a day to day update starting as soon I leave the doctor.....
Good luck. Hope this works for you.
We owe it to all the others who are sucked iin by the advertising, to tell them it DOESN'T work. It is one big scam and it should be broadcasted to all who want to hear!!
I'd like to know who the 75% who were satisfied are(at top of this page)!
I had my procedure done on 2 May for lower abs with the medium size applicator. I agree with EVERYTHING about the pain and lack of information. No downtime my ass.. luckily, I've been on military leave so I've been able to stay at home. The nurse prescribed me Hydrocodon/ Lortab last week for the pain and helped me sleep at night! Ice packs and frozen corn worked during the day.. til I got freezer burn! lol

I went back this week cause the pain was unbearable and because my left side is still swollen, more tender and HOT..The doctor inspected my area and said that it wasn't infected and the pain will subside.. it did. But I'm worried about uneven results. I still feel the electric twinges more on the left side, so I'm hoping its killing the rest of the stubborn cells and I see even results after all this is done. But I will just do the lipo next time cause I get good drugs and instant results!!!
I went to my doctor for my 2 months check up with not much results...she seemed to see a little difference but from where I was standing it wasn't much...anyway she opted to give me a new procedure called Liposonix which claims the same as far as down time...I was told the cold or tingling wouldn't occur but there maybe some brusing and swelling going back in two weeks..the procedure is no cost to me which is why I agreed...here I go again hoping for better results and less pain..wish me luck...
good luck-keep us posted!! I hope my doctor offers me something
!!
I was hoping they would offer me something because they knew I wasn't happy with the results but all I got was "you don't need to come back". I never heard of liposonix but I wish you luck! I was thinking of contact the company that makes the cool sculpt machine but I don't know if that would do any good.
I think we should contact the FDA maybe?
I had my 4 month check up yesterday (for upper and lower abs) not much difference when looking at the pictures. Was it worth it? Definitely not for me.
When my Dr did a measure I had supposedly lost several inches, but when I did the measure, I was the same, even though I had lost 7lbs from dieting.
All in all very disappointing for the expense and pain associated with the treatment..
I guess it won't be long before we hear it is another expensive SCAM!
I'd like to save others ! How can 75% here say" it is worth it"?
I did not measure before procedure so no sense measuring now. However there is virtually no difference. All of my clothes fit exactly the same. I'm so disappointed. I also wasted a lot of $$$. I think this procedure will not be around much longer.
Oh I measured! lol Absolutely no difference unfortunately :( I started Yoga and Pilates as a way to relax myself and try and forget about the $2500 I threw away lol
2 months and no results..
Has anyone here actually measured a difference after 2 months? I haven't!