7 wk post op update-BBL with Dr. Mendieta

I finally decided to go with Dr. Mendieta even...

I finally decided to go with Dr. Mendieta even though he is almost double the price of all the other plastic surgeons. Judging by his pics, he does the best work.

Day 1 of surgery: I had surgery at 7:30 am on feb 15. So nervous and excited. Didn't get seen by a nurse till 8:00. Anesthesia is crazy, I dont remember falling asleep, just waking up. When I woke up, I was sore, not really in pain. Bleeding from laying down. THe car ride home, I felt every single bump. The first night overall was not that bad

Day 2 and day 3 was prob the worst. No energy to eat, everything I ate, I just wanted to throw up, even the smell of food got me nauseous. My body was very sore, Not too painful. The worst is the nausea, dizziness, and constipation.

Day 4 I had to take off my garment by myself which was very hard because i was getting very dizzy. I was sweating and wanted to faint at the same time. I had to change the surgical pads, so i had no choice but to take off my garment.

I would say up until day 7 I felt very nauseous and dizzy. However I feel almost back to my old self now. Only issues are in the morning, my body is extra sore in the morning. Dr. Mendieta said he injected 850 cc into each buttock. I don't know if he really made a big difference.

I am currently 11 days post op, and I'm looking at my before and after pics, and not a huge difference. I am really upset about it. Hopefully time will make it better. I am still very bruised. I hope I didn't spend all this money for it to go to waste. I wanted a much more drastic outcome.

I just put up some pics 12 days post op. Im...

i just put up some pics 12 days post op. Im posting pics with my garment and leggings on because I'm still very bruised and its pretty unsightly. Once the bruising goes away, I'll post up pics with just under wears on. Dont have the results I want, wanted a much bigger but and more curves...very depressed about it.

Laying on my stomach sucks! i just want to sit...

laying on my stomach sucks! i just want to sit like a normal person. Feeling so much better. No more nausea, dizziness, and fatigue. Had my last post op appt today. I was told they took a full 4 liters and they injected 850cc into each buttock. I dont know how a full four liters only gave me 850 cc....god I hope my but will look bigger....I hope all this time, money, and discomfort didnt go to waste. Anyone who have gotten a bbl more than 6 months ago, please let me know if you liked ur results more the longer you waited or if you liked it less the longer you waited? Doc said my but will look bigger once the swelling on my belly goes away, but its also known that your but can get smaller too within the next few months. As for now, I'm doing everything to try to keep a high fat survival rate.

I am now three weeks post op...still not much of a...

I am now three weeks post op...still not much of a difference...i feel like my but shrunk a lil. so i'll post pics maybe during 4 week or 6 week post op. If anyone have had the bbl done, please let me know if you liked your results the longer you waited, or if you liked it right after surgery. I'm very discouraged right now. I know i sound like a broken record, but i'm just not happy with the size, its still way too small. I liked the size of my butt day 1-3 post surgery, and then it really started to shrink. Someone please give me some advice to how time affected the results. Thnx

So i am updating with my 7 week post op pics....

So i am updating with my 7 week post op pics. Still wish it was much bigger, but def better than before. If i ever save enough money, I definitely want to go back for round two to make it bigger,. Waist and hips shrunk another 1/2 inch since my last post. Cant wait to be able to sit, 1 more week!
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Anybody that had a bbl have any pics they would like to share with me?
Will you share the pictures with me too? I'd love to see them, having my surgery done at the end of may
I had a bbl by Mendieta in 2009, my butt stayed big and round! I followed ALL of his aftercare instructions and also took it among myself to stay off my butt for an extra month! I believe how well you take care of yourself after is just, if not more, important as the surgery it's self! I also believe that if you gain weight before the bbl and have a ridiculous amount of fat transferred to your butt (make it too big) then when you lose weight and tone up you'll still have a nice big butt . That's what I did and I look amazing still after 5 years!
And I'll be happy to show you my pics!
Please share the pics I'm contemplating a bbl this summer with Dr. Mendieta as well.
Can I send them to your email
i would love to see your results please email me lr.5@hotmail.com
please email to me too or post in these comments?
Can u share ur pics. I am searching cause the surgeon I had passed away suddenly and I am considering dr M. Thank you!!!
Hi fairy55. I would like to have a bbl this summer too. Don't know yet how booked is dr M. I'll call on Monday to schedule an appt.
Can you show me them too?
I feel the very same way.. I had my sx done 4 weeks ago and he said he could only get 540cc in each cheek for me. Now that all the swelling has went down i feel like i'm almost back to my original butt.. He did sculpt my mis section very well but i was more concerned with a big butt!!! Contenplating round 2
Yes! I would def go for round 2 with mendieta if you want it even bigger.
I love your results! Did you massage your own lumps?
If you are not satisfied you should ask him to revise you for free. Perosnally, I think you have a freaking amazing body, but I understand it is not what you wanted.
im sorry you are not super happy with the results :( the thing is with a bbl you HAVE to stay that weight. And for most people it means being thick like bigger arms and thighs. I have very rarely seen BBL patients with muscular thick nice thighs and cut abs, thats because you will lose butt fat when you workout even though its proportional you will not have a big butt. I have seen MANY girls who did workout to achieve the perfect body aka abs sculpted body but they lost ALL the booty fat like they only kept maybe 200cc per cheek which made very little difference not worth 10 k at all.
Hi, can you post some updated pictures? I think I am going with him. I don't want large but I do want projection...bubble butt. Thank you.
Hey ur results look rly good. But I know exactly what u mean! This was a HUGE investment for me and I decoded to go with the best surgeon out there. My butt has shrunk alot since my operation. I was told I got 1000 cc in each butt cheek, really tho who knows. My butt looks rounder, but not as round and voluminous as I expected. My body is very curvy, but that was archived through lipo. So what is all this extra money being paid for when the butt is still shrinking? I'm still waiting to figure out. Apparently after 11-12 weeks ur skin gets a little loser and ur fat drops some. Right now everything is tight and fit. Really who knows, we have to wait. But if ur not happy, make sure u give an honest review. I mean what else can u do? But either way I'm wishing the best for the both of us. I haven't say for 5 weeks, but I'm going back to work the end of next week. How long do u plan on not sitting for? How long did u take off work? Xoxox
U can't sit until 8 weeks? Wow that's alot
The more popular this gets the higher the price! Wish wouldve know about Salama not performing on ppl with the sickle cell trait I could've lickef a price with someone else! #irked
Locked...
U paid 11k?? Did he explain y he ddnt inject alot?? I kno he is famous for natural results but idk id b mad bc yeah 11k isnt chump change at all! Ur lipo looks good though!
Wow looks the same to me & makes me a oil scared...$11k isn't cheap
any more?
how are you sis?? i "was" considering him b/c I want the best NATURAL LOOKING FORM... and only slightly larger butt but i'm a larger girl.. don't know if he can