To All of My Out Of Town BBL Sisters - Miami, FL

My search has begun for my bbl doctor. I've...

My search has begun for my bbl doctor. I've noticed its so many great doctors and with reviewing everyone personal experience its making me hard to choose lol!

However, being a Out of Town patient has become tricky with, Where shall I stay...., transportation, should I bring a friend and so on.

While receiving consultation and researching by myself I've discovered some useful information and would like to share with everyone.

Q&A
-Out of town patients should fly in a 2-3 days before surgery. Why you ask?

There is a health risk involved in transcontinental flight combined with surgery. The flight over, the surgery and the flight back all carry some increase risk of deep vein blood clot formation and pulmonary embolism. I believe the risk of blood clot and pulmonary embolism would be reduced by staying two or three days before and after any surgery. (This is from one of the Dr. I had a consultation with)

So this explains why doctors ask us to come a couple of days before.

I believe it's wonderful that we want to have these wonderful bodies but we need understand the process.

If any other patient received useful information, please share.

Good info! Thakns boo.. good luck with everything!..xoxo
hey girl I'm scheduled for the 15th and feels like the time is going by so quickly. Where will you be staying?
yes hun
Yay, every time I find out someone new is going to Velilla I feel so happy lol, when is ur date scheduled for?
Hey Hun are u going with Velilla too or another doctor?
I'm getting so excited as my date arrives near with Dr Velilla. I had to put off my surgery for December because of financial reasons but my deposit was already paid and so far i'm almost done with my monthly payments. Velilla seems to know what he's doing and his results are amazing.
Congrats! on your surgery when in December will you be going?
Thanks for the advice, could you tell me the doctor name because I am a flight attendant and just wanted to know more about the risks involved, especialliy flying frequently. Thanks!
The Dr. is Hegg from California. This has been some great advice. Seeing that I'm getting closer and closer to my date of surgery
I also heard this Nd that's one if the reason why I preferred to do it here cause I couldn't afford all the time off work if I was to go out of town I would have fly in four days before my surgery nd I couldn't afforded that
I come from a country where the most beautiful bodies are made. Colombia has some of the best cosmetic surgeons out there. They way they transform bodies and faces is unbelievable and it is very common to bump into a handfull of beautiful women over there on a daily basis who have had something done. It has become very common for people to fly to Colombia to have something done there. Not only because if the amazing results but also because of the prices. A BBL in Colombia can cost almost less than half of what it costs over here. And the doctors provide beyond amazing results for a very good price. With this said, it is very tempting for me to go to my homeland to have this procedure done. But there is something about flying for a surgery that doesn't sit right in my stomach. I completely agree with the reply the Dr gave you. My grandmother passed away after a tummy tuck in Colombia. She flew in 2 days before the surgery and she had a pulmonary embolism about 6 hrs after surgery. I don't want to scare you but now that I read what the Dr told you I thought it was only right to share my story. I was surprised to hear that what happened to my grandmother could have had something to with her having the surgery after flying in just 2 days before. Her flight was from Miami to Barranquilla (the north coast of Colombia) 2hrs 45 min long. One thing I have to advise u: I truly believe that my grandmother wasn't under the best care in the recovery room when this occurred. So just do your homework and make sure u are in good hands. Although very sad and scary, I'm still going forward with my BBL. I believe I chose the best dr I could. I shared this story with him yesterday and he had me stop my birth control right away and he also told me to let my regular dr know about this so she can give me an anticoagulant. I hope this helps. I wish u the best of luck :)
Best of luck to you. I wished I could help, but I'm still in the saving my money phase.
@BBLNikki it might just be for very long flights because this consultation was for a Dr. in Cali. Dr.H
I flew in the day before surgery and I had no complications.
I'm flying in a day before surgery... Now you got me concerned. Do you mind sharing which doctor made these recommendations? Also, can you elaborate more as to why your body needs 2-3 days after flying before surgery? Does it matter if it's a very short flight like 2.5 hrs? Thanks for the information!

Really good tips, ChicagoClient. Are you def. going to Miami for your op?

I'd be really hesitant to fly to surgery. Maybe that's just me, but you have to sit for at least the whole flight, plus whatever delays, etc. And I don't trust TSA not to wonder why I'm walking funny! LOL It seems like a train or even a car (w/ a friend driving) would be easier, and you could lay down, take breaks, etc. I guess that depends where you live though. I wouldn't want to spend a whole day or two in a car either, vs. a short flight.