9 Months Out, No Regrets! - Mexico, MX

I researched for about 1 year after my lapband...

I researched for about 1 year after my lapband failed and had grown into my intestines, I had the removal on Canada, but the wait to get the sleeve was too long, so I decided to go to Mexico. Dr Garcia was awesome and it was a seamless experience. Between the two surgeries I had lost 105lb.

The pros is you will loose weight, the cons is you have to work at it. My motivation was my health. My goal is to feel and look great. The outcome was as I had hoped. It has changed my life by being able to keep the weight off, rather than yo-yoing up and down. I knew what I needed to before I had the surgery.

I am now heading back to Mexico in April to have a tummy tuck, although I am not at a goal weight, I cannot handle my hanging stomach anymore!

The photos was in Mexico 3 days after the vsg and about 6 weeks ago.

His website is ready4achange. I was very happy...

His website is ready4achange. I was very happy with him and his staff. Good luck x
Dr Garcia

Sleeve Talk

Were you ever scared of the safety of the procedure in Mexico? I am scheduled for Jan. 24, 2014 for mine. Congrats on your progress, you look great!!!!
Woppeeee! You look great. Not that you weren't pretty pre surg., you just look fantastic post! Nancy IK.
You look great in your photos. Very inspiring indeed! Thanks so much for sharing. Please let us know how you are going now.
Where can I find Dr. Garcia?
Hey, congratulations on the weight loss! I went to Mexico for my sleeve and am considering going back for a tummy tuck. Can you message me the name of the doctor you are using and the price you are paying? Do you plan on doing a review of your plastic surgery? Thank you!

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us.

First of all, WOW! You look awesome in your before/after pic. You've obviously put a lot of hard work and effort into your weight loss.

You mentioned that you weren't at your goal weight yet. If you don't mind sharing, how much more do you have to go?

Hi there Kristy I still have 40llbs to go, but not concerned once I get rid of the belly, I think it will help my head space is loosing more!

40lbs while still a good amount to lose, isn't too much. Once you have your TT and see your knew, slimmer, tighter body, it will most likely give you that push to get rid of whatever is left that you want to loose.

Have you found changing your eating habits difficult at all?

Your absolutely right about the tummy tuck kristy. I hate my stomach. I go to Zumba 4 times a week and can see it moving in the mirrors yuck! I didn't find the eating habits hard, simply because the sleeve keeps you honest, although there is some thought about what to eat, because you can put on weight if you eat the wrong food all the time.
Hey Kristy iam getting ready to do this sleeve surgery can you give me some good tips please.

Hi Winny,

Welcome and congrats on your upcoming surgery. When is it you'll be having surgery?

I haven't had the sleeve myself, I'm in the process of the Gastric Bypass journey. However, they're not too different from each other.

How far along in the process are you?