Did it May 16th. Full TT with muscle repair, hernia repair & lipo of flanks, inner thighs

Gave birth to two children via c-section five...

Gave birth to two children via c-section five years ago and most recently fifteen months ago. I am a very fit and active person yet gained 65lbs during each pregnancy. I had an enormous belly that hung LOW during each pregnancy. Needless to say my stomach is a mess. I have a wildly extended stomach, and skirt of skin over the c-section scar and stretch marks gallore. I have trained my muscles to hold in quite tightly when I am sucking in, but I am EXHAUSTED!

I can't suck in that tight any longer. I have wanted to do this since after my daughter, but it's a good thing I didn't because I decided later to have one more. I have four children, two I raised (and adopted)since babies that came along as a package deal when I started dating my husband ten years ago and two more that are biological.

I work hard to give my family a beautiful life and I think I deserve to do this for myself. I am definitely dealing with guilt on a daily basis and the what if's. That's been very hard on me, but I am trying to block it out and push forward. I will post pictures soon.

I know what you are talking about when you mention the guilt. I'm not sure why, but I feel guilty too! Like I'm being selfish or something. But after everything I've been through over the past few years, I'm pretty sure that I deserve this for myself.

Oh well, here's to only 3 more days and then it's time for our Mummy Tummy makeovers!!

Ok...After today only two days to go until I go in...

Ok...After today only two days to go until I go in Monday morning. I am getting the tummy tuck and lipo on my flanks/hips and inner thighs. I am getting more excited then nervous now.

Good Luck to your new body!!!
I just had mine done 2 days ago and I'm so glad I did it :)
I think for me, my guilt comes from the the what if's of something happening because I have children. My mom always tells me that I can't live my life thinking about all the what if's or I won't do anything. That always makes me feel better.

So, it looks like the stomach flu is making...

So, it looks like the stomach flu is making it's rounds around this house! One more kid threw up early this morning. I am freaking out that I am going to either get sick before the surgery monday or get sick and need to throw up when I get home post op. DAMN IT!
The kids rarely get sick and they hardly ever get stomach flu. Why now?!
Murphys law right? I guess I will tell the Doctor Monday and ask him to give me a script for something to prevent me from throwing up I guess.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Ok posted pics. I NEVER expose my flaws like this...

Ok posted pics. I NEVER expose my flaws like this to many people- it was a little difficult posting these, but it's all good. I got over it.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

What did everyone wear home from surgery?

What did everyone wear home from surgery?

I went in wearing sweats and a t shirt, when I got out luckily my boyfriend brought a hoodie with him that I stole to wear home cuz the big size was super roomy with my Velcro binder on. Just make sure your pants are either elastic or a tie waist! You will do great and good luck

Welcome to RealSelf!   All I can say is "You Go Girl.  You do deserve this and should do it for yourself.  The guilt and worries that come with this are all normal.  Been there, done that and it is all ok.

You will feel amazing after the surgery.  Having a flat tummy is so wonderful.  This will give you the confidence boost you need..and OMG the shopping after.  Fun!!

Your day is almost here and I look forward to reading your posts.  Are you ready?
I am ready! I have everything I think I may need and I am prepared for the pain. I can't wait to not have to deal with this stomach like this anymore!

Well, tomorrow is the big day! It's been such...

Well, tomorrow is the big day! It's been such a crazy weekend of sick kids that I am actually looking forward to this just so i can get a little quiet! ha ha!

So far so good! Pretty bad nausea Monday night but a fan blowing on my face and dramamine helped. Decent amount of pain upper belly near breathing bone yesterday. Today I am more easily mobile.
* breast bone
Hey there! How is your recovery going? Mine's going well. Yesterday was tough, but saw my tummy today and felt a million times better!

Good luck in your recovery!

One week post op appointment was today and my...

One week post op appointment was today and my drain was removed. I am very swollen but I like the results so far. I will have fluid drained out with a needle next week if needed-and I am thinking it will be needed.
I will take pics tonight of my after.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Definitely having my up and down days- more up...

Definitely having my up and down days- more up than down but still get emotional. The pain isn't bad at all but it is still there, and the fact that I can't just do what I need to do is wearing at me I think. I am very independent and hate getting help.
Got my drain out Monday and I was so scared but it wasn't bad at all. It was nice to get out ofthe house after a week.
Went to Target yesterday for a short trip. It is painful to walk upright all the way, but no one was the wiser because it just looked like I was leaning over while I pushed my son in a cart.
Started the silicone strips per doctors requests. I could see a difference after twenty hours. I don't feel like my incision is closed enough, there is a little bit of scabbing and discharge like its healing, but he said to do it...?

Wow, you really look great! You must be so happy!
You look awesome! Nice tummy no more tummy flap! Hope your recovery is going good!

Yesterday was four weeks post op! feeling pretty...

Yesterday was four weeks post op! feeling pretty good. I have a lot of swelling and pain in the afternoon but over all it's been fine. I have swelling in my upper abdomen more than my lower. I walked on the treadmill and did some eliptical and paid for it in the evening. I get this pretty nasty pain on my right side middle area when I have been on my feet or walked too much.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I just realized I never posted my stats..like my...

I just realized I never posted my stats..like my age and weight.
I am 33. 5'4" I weight 163 when I got my surgery and I am at 156 a month later. I'm pretty happy at this weight but definitely won't complain if I lose a little more. I wear a size 8 and that hasn't changed.

You look great! We have similar stats so it's pretty cool to see what I might possibly look like afterwards!
So glad to read this. We had pretty much the same surgeries except the inner thighs. I had three hernias repaired. My date was the 12th of May. As I hate to hear that you still have pain and a good amount of swelling, it does make me feel better. I've emotionally handled most of my recovery well. However, recently I've really struggled. I'm feeling like I should be feeling better and having less pain and swelling at this point. I thought something was wrong but I guess it's normal. Your results look great:)

A little swollen today. I notice I am swollen if I...

A little swollen today. I notice I am swollen if I don't wear my compression garment to bed. I noticed that I have a slightly red radius around my belly button about an inch outward. The incision line isn't red just around the belly button...and slightly warm. hmm...

Thank you so much for the info you gave me, I will definitely ask questions in the forum for my month.

I did not know who I was talking to, but your response to my questions was what I was looking for, and I am very appreciative. I have to wait for my surgery now anyway because my BP WAS TO HIGH .

DADDY'S GIRL
I am sorry, this was a yeast infection, but its cleared up now, sorry to have given wrong info.

But anyway, surgery is tomorrow morning, I am getting excited,hoping it will be well worth it.
Please keep me in your prayers.

Daddy's Girl
Hi Daddys girl. It appears you have only posted questions on my review. Some of them are general questions for everyone to answer and I wanted to make you aware of that. You will have to ask some of the questions in the forum for your month you are scheduled.

Also, it's advised that you make your own review so that other members can reach out to you as well. Seeing that I am the only person that you have spoken with, what was it about my profile that made you decide to talk to me if you don't mind me asking.
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I had gone to several other Cosmetic Surgeons in my area including Dr. Hiatt twice. Dr. Hiatt had a confident demeanor, and wasn't at all a salesman-I liked that, it made me feel comfortable. He isn't extemely chatty, but he comes off as very kind. The entire staff has been with him for a long time and make you feel very comfortable. I am one week out since my operation and so far I like the results.