Unique! Saline Rupture After 12 Years and "Upgrading" to Silicone - Memphis, TN

Twelve years ago I got 325 moderate saline unders...

Twelve years ago I got 325 moderate saline unders filled to 350 cc. I never really liked them. I have a wide chest and I always thought they were too small for my frame. My mom told me that the doctor thought I was too young for implants (was 19 at the time and he did her surgery as well), so he talked me out of doing anything larger. Guess I should've went with another doctor.

At least they were nice and perky, but they sat so far apart. After my first child at 25, they were no longer perky. Just saggy and deflated looking. I've lived with them that way for 6 years now, and just had a 2nd child. I wasn't planning on getting them redone until completely done with kids (may have 1 more), but then in June one of them went flat!! I discovered it when taking a shower after a Jillian Michael's DVD (lol). I decided to go ahead and get them done because of the deflation. I don't want to wait several years with asymmetrical breasts!

Two weeks later, the breast FILLED BACK UP and was actually bigger than the other one!! This lasted for a few weeks, and slowly it has started to deflate again. I had an ultrasound and a mammogram to see what was going on in there because no one I've spoken with has ever heard of a deflation and then a "reflation"! The radiologist could not confirm deflation or not. I know it is deflated ;), especially since it has been going back down again.

It is hard to see from the pictures, and it actually most noticeable when lying down, or by squeezing. I can also feel the folded up implant in my breast - gross!!!

After seeing 2 different plastic surgeons, I chose one over the other since the 1st had no interest in getting my business! I saw him when it was in it's "reflation" stage, and he was literally like "who cares, if it is back to normal? Leave it alone!". He didn't even want to know what happened. The 2nd doctor I saw was very interested in what might have happened, which is why I had diagnostics tests done (albeit, inconclusive).

I have decided to go with silicone this time for a more natural feel, since I always hated that I could feel the sides of the salines. I am also getting larger, as my PS agreed that the initial implants were too small for my wide chest area. My PS will decide on the best size for me during surgery with sizers, but it will be between 450-500 cc moderate plus. She just wants to make sure it is enough to lift up the droopiness.

I am also having abdominal liposuction done at the same time, as both doctors agreed I didn't need a tummy tuck (surprisingly after 2 kids, I wasn't "that bad"). I will write of that in a separate review.

I also am considering an areola reduction once we see where my nipples end up. I don't like the size of them, but maybe with a slightly larger breast they won't look so bad. My PS didn't recommend it at this time anyway and says she can do an in-office procedure (yikes) to reduce them in the future.

I'm super nervous for the surgery, as last time it hurt. so. bad.

You're right, you are unique! I've never heard of a deflation and reflation. Does your doctor have any theories about this?

Though if anything could do it, a Jillian Michaels DVD could :).

Please keep us posted about how your surgery goes. I'll be following your journey with interest!

Day 5 update - The surgery went very well, and I...

Day 5 update - The surgery went very well, and I am SHOCKED that there has been no pain!! My incisions are slightly sore and itchy, but this does not hurt like the first time.

Dr. Quigley confirmed the right implant was ruptured during surgery and that there was still fluid in the pocket. She replaced my 350 mod salines with 500/525 silicone mod plus (she found my breasts were diff sizes. I am very pleased with the results so far! Once I see my final result after everything has healed and "dropped", then I may go back for an areola reduction...I still think they are too large, lol.
thank you for ur review i am also considering the same doctor i am a small 36B ans she has recommended at least 400/450 silicone but i am 5"0 worried they will be too big, would you be sooo kind to post pictures, my areola is also large lol and wondered if you ever got it revised and how it went. also mine are droppy and havent even had kids wanted to see if you liked result without a lift and did it lift just with the implant. thanks a million
Memphis Plastic Surgeon

I'm very pleased with the implant exchange Dr. Quigley performed. She was always very thorough and took the time to understand what I wanted. I trusted her to make the final selection of implant size during surgery, and she did an excellent job!