Ive Had Jaw Surgery and I Hate It

I'm going on a year in may of having jaw...

I'm going on a year in may of having jaw reconstructive surgery. I wanted a shorter more uniformed face. Initially I had a fat long face. Now my face is ling and thin and my cheek bones way to pronounced and my chin fat!!! I hate it si much. My face is so much longer and my lips are mis ahapen. I look like a man in drag now.

Now I'm so depressed and sad all the time. I've list friends. I've lost a guy. I'm so not happy with my big skinny face. Oh and my depression has caused me to lose my job. I don't know what to do now.

I wish I would've done more research rather than hive this doctor my 35grand that I'd saved up for 4yrs to have this done.

The first picture is what I look like now. The...

The first picture is what I look like now. The second picture is about 6minths after

My insurance which did not cover my surgery, recommended my doctor

What was your jaw surgery done for? I don't think you can have a round face before because your midface is just naturally long but its not a bad thing at all. Kelly Rolland has a similar face shape to you and she is hot.
Hello, I really prefer you now, after the surgery. You look really beautiful. Before your face looked quite masculine. Now, you got typically traits of a beautiful normal woman. Enjoy your new beautiful face (i'm a male). Have a nice day
Well by looking at the recent picture there is a change in your cheeks but you still have pretty features, eyes, smile etc. I think they should be able to do fillers in your face to get the fullness back. Other than that you are in good shape/ pretty. What's more important though is being weary of the so called friends. I tell people all the time looks are tied into your confidence and they do matter when you are not comfortable but they try to down play it for my sake but not understanding that does not help. People are so shallow and when things change for the worse then that's when I believe people show their true colors. I wish the best with your depression because I truly understand how people obsess over looks and ignore people that don't look good. Make you question their values so my advice is in the future when change back to a fuller face- which I'm sure can happen be on the look out for those types of people.
How are you feeling about it now that you've had time to adjust?
It's hard to tell clearly, because one pic is smiling and angled, while the other is not.
You look absolutely stunning! Your face is shorter and you really looked great before too. Your are a pretty woman. Be proud and flaunt it!
Thank you for sharing your experience. I think you are still very beautiful, and I am so sorry that you have been suffering emotionally through all this. I hope you are spirits are lifted soon!
I had double jaw surgery on sept. 12, 2011. The process has been so hard for me as well. I had the procedure done 7 days before my 18th birthday. I'am now 19 years old, & have a completely different face now. When friends, & family see me they look confused. My surgeon contacted me 4 days before my procedure & told me he'd need to correct my upper jaw as well. This was not the orginial plan & totally changed my entire face. I have been battling deep depression as well. God has really been here with me throughout it all, truly don't know where id be without the Lords help. If you'd like to speak more you can email me at morrowdanielle93@gmail.com. bless you. Feels great knowing someone who feels my pain.
I know exactly what your going through :/ without Gods help throughout this process I don't know where id be. Its really hard. Feels good to know someone knows what I'm going through. Would love to talk to you more. Thanks for sharing
You look a million times better, honey...
Actually, the first picture is what I look like now
The photo on the right was taken four months after surgery. Wasn't it?
Yes and the one on the left present which means its taken recently. At four months, I thought I looked great but as my swelling went down, my face got thinner and chin appears longer
Well I do know with the surgery you will loose weight in the face, and your skin would droop more. Unfortunately, the surgery will correct only part of the problem. I'm thinking of getting this, since I have a long distance as well and an impacted mandible, but before I put all cards on the table I'm going to talk to more experts.
how o i get the doctors on this web site to review my question
Stephanie, If that is the case I understand your disappointment. I need OS myself but I'm taking a very active role in screening surgeons and asking questions. I learned the hard way!!! But you should know that it does happen that after OS there are adjustments that need to be made. You need to ask your doctor what went wrong and what he proposes to do to correct it, being that you payed a lot of money. Dolphin's virtual OS, which is expensive, isn't used by most surgeons. I wish it were as it gives you a very close idea of what you're going to get if the surgery is done according to plan. You should be posting your doctor's name. If you want opinions of other doctors they will want to see profile photos. I
I'm not sure, I'm still waiting to hear from anyone with my cosmetic issues as well. I've gone to allexperts to get faster answers