Ive Had Jaw Surgery and I Hate It

I'm going on a year in may of having jaw...

I'm going on a year in may of having jaw reconstructive surgery. I wanted a shorter more uniformed face. Initially I had a fat long face. Now my face is ling and thin and my cheek bones way to pronounced and my chin fat!!! I hate it si much. My face is so much longer and my lips are mis ahapen. I look like a man in drag now.

Now I'm so depressed and sad all the time. I've list friends. I've lost a guy. I'm so not happy with my big skinny face. Oh and my depression has caused me to lose my job. I don't know what to do now.

I wish I would've done more research rather than hive this doctor my 35grand that I'd saved up for 4yrs to have this done.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

The first picture is what I look like now. The...

The first picture is what I look like now. The second picture is about 6minths after

Hi Stephanie, I'm so sorry for your anguish. You are not alone. Initially, I was told how attractive I was but went to an orthodontist who said I should have my maxillary teeth remove. That in itself reconstructed my entire face. Now, instead of getting compliments I get insults. It's to the point where I have anxiety about going out in public. I understand your pain so don't feel alone.
But what did you look like before? The picture 4 months post-op is gorgeous. With the present pic the only difference really is the fatness in your cheeks, which prolly due to swelling. You're still a pretty girl, but if you are not happy with your results you could always get fat tranfer to fill up your cheeks. But honestly right now you look like Kim Porter . Thank you for sharing your story. I wish there was a place to go find plastic surgeon that specializes in african American feature s.
What was your jaw surgery done for? I don't think you can have a round face before because your midface is just naturally long but its not a bad thing at all. Kelly Rolland has a similar face shape to you and she is hot.

My insurance which did not cover my surgery, recommended my doctor