Be Careful of the Dr. You Choose - Melbourne, FL

I had upper and lower eyelid surgery due to droopy...

I had upper and lower eyelid surgery due to droopy eyelids. It was a disaster! I had such a severe hematoma and the bruising covered my whole face, breasts and stomach. The Dr. Kept saying it would go away. My eyes were swollen shut for several days. Some bruising did subside but 3 months later bruising remained. After a total break-down in the Dr.s office she finally recommended a plastic surgeon who did 5 reconstructive surgeries. He was very sympathetic and did all he could to help. There is definite improvement but my eyelids are not even and look patched from skin grafts.

My advice is ---- never let an opthomologist do this surgery regardless of experience. I did my part by having all my Dr.s approval and bloodwork. I realize too late she had no experience in lower lids.

Mary, so sorry that you had such a horrid time, sending healing vibes your way x

I'm so sorry to hear about what you went through, Mary. I can't believe that you had 5 reconstructive surgeries as well! My heart goes out to you.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. *hugs*

I'm hoping to send photos - I have plenty

One of 5 reconstructive surgeries

One of 5 reconstructive surgeries
WOW!!! OMG!!! This is absolutely appaling and shocking!!! Please do let us know how you are doing, esp that you're almost one year post-surgery. I pray for your continued and complete healing! Blessings :-)
Typing too fast -- Meant to say "since you're almost three years post-surgery."
wow,it seems you had a similar experience
Patricia LaFleur