Be Careful of the Dr. You Choose - Melbourne, FL

I had upper and lower eyelid surgery due to droopy...

I had upper and lower eyelid surgery due to droopy eyelids. It was a disaster! I had such a severe hematoma and the bruising covered my whole face, breasts and stomach. The Dr. Kept saying it would go away. My eyes were swollen shut for several days. Some bruising did subside but 3 months later bruising remained. After a total break-down in the Dr.s office she finally recommended a plastic surgeon who did 5 reconstructive surgeries. He was very sympathetic and did all he could to help. There is definite improvement but my eyelids are not even and look patched from skin grafts.

My advice is ---- never let an opthomologist do this surgery regardless of experience. I did my part by having all my Dr.s approval and bloodwork. I realize too late she had no experience in lower lids.

One of 5 reconstructive surgeries

One of 5 reconstructive surgeries
Patricia LaFleur

My eye Dr.

WOW!!! OMG!!! This is absolutely appaling and shocking!!! Please do let us know how you are doing, esp that you're almost one year post-surgery. I pray for your continued and complete healing! Blessings :-)
Typing too fast -- Meant to say "since you're almost three years post-surgery."
wow,it seems you had a similar experience

We'd love an update, Mary.  I hope you are well.

Mary my heart breaks for you for what you have had to endure. Please keep us updated, I will never forget you.
oh dear, how did you stop from crying to make it worse. id have wanted to shoot myself. ive had a groin haematoma from a trans femoral artery operation for an anyerism and the briusing hasnt completley gone a year ater and doctor says it may not ever

MaryFlorida- how are you feeling? How did the rest of your surgeries go? We are thinking healing thoughts for you. Please give us an update.

Why did you allow someone who is NOT a plastic surgeon do plastic surgery on you??? That is the problem right there. This doctor has no business performing plastic surgery on a patient just because she prescribes eyeglass prescriptions as an opthomologist. Insane.
It's too late to scold her. Have a seat somewhere.
You are so right and I continue to deal with the consequences. Seems like good advice came too late. I take complete responsibility for my decision but not the results!
I hope your advice will work for you during difficult times- Have a seat.........!
That's exactly what I am saying in this testimonial. Dr. was highly convincing and I was gullable---not a good thing! I made a mistake choosing her and I continue to pay dearly for it in more ways than one! I hope photos will stop anyone considering this surgery ----Reputable Plastic Surgeon Only!
That's exactly what I said in my testimonial. My regrets run deep! She was a good saleswoman----just had disaster to sell!
That comment wasn't to you Mary. My heart hurt for u. I thought it was rude for the woman that posted a comment about you should've chosen a better doctor. You should tAke a stand, not a seat :)
Mary, so sorry that you had such a horrid time, sending healing vibes your way x

I'm so sorry to hear about what you went through, Mary. I can't believe that you had 5 reconstructive surgeries as well! My heart goes out to you.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. *hugs*

I'm hoping to send photos - I have plenty

Thanks. That will really help us see what's going on.