Implants with Pectus Excavatum/assymetry - Melbourne, FL

I have pectus excavatum and resulting breast...

I have pectus excavatum and resulting breast asymmetry. It is hard to find reviews and pics of cosmetic surgery correction of this; everyone recommends the chest wall to be repaired but the recovery is bad and it is not interfering with my quality of life. So, i opted for breast augmentation. My surgeon was great, went through the areola so i have NO scar! My implants are saline-silicone was not allowed at surgery time-& under muscle so they look and feel natural.
However, my right side had less breast tissue and developed a slight contracture.
Overall, i love them. I can wear a bathingsuit and the size difference is slight. However, due to having kids (got pregnant 4 mo post op!) and the contracture, i am having a revision with a tummy tuck when i graduate school in 2 years. I am going to start consults early this time, bc last time i consulted 2-3mo prior and made a quick decision. I am much older now and ok with waiting :)

Post op, i was in a little pain. My chest felt heavy& anesthesia made me throw up 3-4 times .
I wore regular clothes the next day. I went from B to D (&DD with pregnancy!) and am very happy with that choice.
Massaging them was the worst and therefore I did it weak, which may be why i got the contracture. Lessons learned!
I joined this site to discuss and learn as i begin my revision surgery!

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf! It's nice that a breast aug can camouflage the chest wall. Glad you can still look great in a swimsuit and congrads on the kids! When you get your revision, do you think you'll go with silicone this time? Feel free to share your stats and any photos you're comfortable posting...even clothed! Keep us posted on your research progress!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

She was ok. She clearly loves plastics and her face/body shows it! She no longer does PS ; she is into the hcg and botox stuff now.