Fraxel Re:store - AMAZING Results, Love It - Melbourne, Australia

I've just had a course of two treatments of...

I've just had a course of two treatments of Fraxel Re:store for sun damage, fine lines and melasma (uneven brownish pigmentation) on my forehead, temples and cheeks.

I'm 31, caucasian, blonde & blue-eyed with fair skin. I'm also a doctor, so did a huge amount of research into the procedure itself, possible adverse effects etc. I also spoke at length with the Physician who actually performed my Fraxel. I had two consultations with him prior to the actual procedure to discuss my expectations, and whether I was actually a suitable candidate for Fraxel (not everyone is!)

I am so amazed and happy with my results. All my uneven pigmentation faded approximately 70% after my first treatment, then disappeared completely after the second. All my little fine lines (mainly in the crows' feet area & forehead) have disappeared. My skin now has the texture of a 19 yr old, and looks polished, supple and healthy. I have people commenting daily on how great it looks - a close friend even thought I was pregnant as I had "a glow."

In terms of my actual experience, the procedure itself was uncomfortable - worse during the second treatment but definitely bearable. I used the numbing cream, two tylenols prior to the treatment and also had some Entonox gas (the stuff you get during labour / at the dentist) during the second round to take the edge off. Afterwards I had a burning / hot sensation for about 12 hours - I think this pain was worse than the actual lasering process to be honest. I had quite bad redness for the first 24 hours which settled quickly, and over the next week or so my facial skin became bronzed and all flaked off, which looked a bit gross, but was able to be partially hidden with makeup.

I was prescribed a steroid cream to use once daily for a week post each treatment, and was told to apply Bepanthen ointment (similar to vaseline) religiously every 3 hours to keep the healing areas moist. I was instructed to continue this until all the flaking had finished, which took around 8 days in total.

Overall I am extremely happy with my result. Fraxel achieved exactly what I had hoped for. I would definitely recommend it - although only when performed by a specialist Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon who is experienced in laser resurfacing techniques (NOT a "Cosmetic Surgeon" - they do not have the appropriate further training) , and only in those patients for whom the procedure is deemed suitable after careful assessment by the physician.

It sounds like it went really well.

Can I ask which Dr you saw at the Victorian Cosmetic Institute? I am thinking of getting fraxel done for myself and live in Melbourne.

HI,

I'm so happy this worked for you. And as a Doctor I'm sure it was all that much harder to give the reins to someone else so to here it worked out so well is awesome.

Thanks so much,