Fraxel Repair - Definitely Worth It - Melbourne, Australia

I am a 46 year old outdoor girl - skiing,...

I am a 46 year old outdoor girl - skiing, climbing, surfing, mountaineering, bushwalking, you name it. I have fabulous genes in many ways, but wrinkles run in our family and with all the sun exposure, I looked far older than my age.

I had Fraxel Repair in early november and it went really well - healed up within 7 days, back at work by day 10...it was really painful during the procedure but no pain after. Results: amazing. I look 5-10 years younger. My skin is plump and looks full of moisture - not sagging and tired.

So glad to hear you are pleased with your Fraxel results.

Since you mentioned, as many people do, that the pain was pretty intense while having the procedure done I would love to know if anything was done to try to decrease the amount of pain, such as if a numbing cream was applied to your face before the procedure, or if you took any pain medicine beforehand, etc.

Again, so happy the results were worth the discomfort!!

Hi Megan
yes, numbing cream prior to the procedure. Nerve blocks - about 30 needles plus oral nurofen and panadeine forte...so a fair bit of pain relief but still it is v.painful but only whilst the laser is operating. As soon as the pass has been done, the pain goes.
hope you find this useful.
I also had valtrex to avoid herpes breakout as well as prednisolone to reduce inflammation.

That is great info, and I'm sure many other people will find it useful as well - sounds like its a procedure that pain medication is needed for.

It is almost 4 months and the results keep getting...

It is almost 4 months and the results keep getting better. Had photos taken with my dermatologist and side by side, you can see the amazing result.

Will post photos as soon as I get them.
Hi there, I also recently had Fraxel for acne scarring in Melbourne. A new clinic in Boronia has just opened called Renu Medispa and are offering Fraxel treatments at 30% off as an opening special, usually $900 per treatment but only paid around $600. Could not be more happy with the results! As outdoorozgirl said, yes it was a bit painful, but having the numbing cream on first certainly helped, and the results are defiantly worth it! The clinic is owned by Plastic Surgeons, and my Dermal Therapist was very professional and made me feel very comfortable. Beautiful clean clinic, will be going back.

So glad you are seeing results - can't wait to see your photos! :)

Melbourne Dermatologist