Bruising After Approx 30hrs After Lip Enhancement ( is This Normal???) - Melbourne, Australia

I wish I had been asked if I had taken any blood...

I wish I had been asked if I had taken any blood thinning medications before my procedure. I had taken Ibuprofen for back ache, and had no idea it was a thinner ( im still not 100% sure on this). I am a bleeder of sorts and tend to bruise easily at the best of times. This was noted to the person performing my procedure.

I'm unsure if this is from a coldsore that I was unaware of, or just bad luck on my half, or worse still a poor job. I am happy with the shape of the lips but feel a bit (ducky). I hope this will settle down soon.

I must say I would not have tried to go to work like this. Photos taken approx 30 hrs after the procedure.

I have marked yes worth it and no to the provider, however as this is still fresh I may change my mind.

i had some bruising as well.. not this much but I also took advil and didnt know about it thinning the blood. I have juvaderm in my lips, have have been told by my doctor that she finds restalayne tends to bruise more and is harder to get out of the needle. I have only tried juvaderm.i just got my second treatment done to get a little mre of a pout, I did have any bruising this time! im sure yours will go away. there is a supplement you can take that will help with bruising I just forget what its called.
My doctor told me to also avoid Vitamin E (supplements) a week prior to injections as it too causes bruising. Here is a pic of my bruising one day after juvaderm where I had taken both Aleve and Vitamin E within 48 hrs. oops!
Hi Curious_one. Well, my lips are back to normal. I think I was lucky to get 3 months out of them, and to be honest for me personally,I dont think it was worth the bruising. The first week was hell, and I should have taken it off work. I felt ducky and no amount of makeup would cover the bruising. It was possibly a cold sore I didnt know I had, so if you have suffered from them in the past tell them! I guess the remaining couple of months after all settled down they were ok but I am in no rush to get back and have them redone. I have been back to The Instant Laser Clinic in Kew where I had the procedure done and the lady that did my injecting no longer works through them. Note I say no longer works through them as I dont believe they employed her, but referred clients to her as she worked from the same building. I have the utmost respect for the staff at the Instant Laser Clinic at Kew. The girls are honest and not after a quick buck.I have used them for IPL treatments and when I went in asking about another treatment they told me my skin was looking great and they did not believe I would benefit from another. They suggested I go for a facial, which I did, at a considerable saving :). Im actually ringing tomorrow to book on for some botox treatment. This will be my first time, with their new provider ( wish me luck !) I have showed them these photos of my lips and they could not believe the amount of bruising and said I should not have bruised so much. I guess I just had a bad experience. Good luck, let me know how you get on. My main suggestion is to see if you can speak to someone who has used the provider you intend to use. The girls in the clinic have used the new provider for botox themselves, ill ask if any of them have tried restylanae and let you know. PS if you by any chance have used someone for botox and you were happy with the results please let me know too.
Hi, Just wondering how your lips are going now. I am in Melbourne too and am thinking of getting restylane also so would love some help. Thanks
I just had Juvederm injected for the second time. My first treatment went well no bruising. Yesterdays treatment didnt go as well. My lips look just like yours,possibly worse, yet I was treated by a board certified doctor whom I know and trust for 10 yrs. Don't worry, your beautiful and the bruising will go away. My doctor recommends applying ice for the first 48hrs.
The shape of your lips looks lovely. I had Juvederm injected into my top lip and was similarly bruised for 10-12 days. I think my injector burst a blood vessel in my lip and that caused my excessive bruising. I was able to cover it was Dermablend. I bought arnica montana tablets and arnica montana topical gel at a local health food store, along with bromelein capsules for the swelling. Taking the 2 supplements with the arnica gel applied twice a day really helped my bruising. Don't worry, the bruising will go away. Your lips will look wonderful!
I advise my lip filler patients to stay off Aleve, Ibuprofen, Aspirin and like drugs for a week before an a few days afterward. This and keeping to moderate enlargements keeps bruising to a minimum.
restylane was used. Still bruised 4 days later. Unable to cover with makeup. Im happy with the shape, well mostly. I had a gap in my upper lip i was trying so fill, and its still a bit gappy. It did hurt a bit even with the local, maybe its just the way she injected.
I had restalayne injected to my upper lip lines. I was swollen really bad for 4 days, no bruising. I Stopped all medication. I just want everoyone to know it can take up to 3 weeks for everything to settle down. I think your lips look great, but hate to tell you bruising can last up to 3 weeks.
OMG!!! The shape of the lips look awesome, but I've never seen this amount of bruising after an injectible filler! What was used? Juvederm, Restylane??? I had one tiny bruise on my upper lip that lasted about a week, but was easy to cover. Please update!