Septo-Rhinoplasty Dream Coming True? - Melbourne, AU

HI Realselfer, like many of you out there I hated...

HI Realselfer, like many of you out there I hated my nose and it did make me feel really self conscious over the years, I decided 4 months ago to take care of it to at last feel good in my skin.
During 23 years I felt self conscious about my nose it wasn't ugly or anything and I never got bullied at school about it but I knew it wasn't right for my face I always been considered as a pretty girl but I PERSONALLY hated my nose, no one else but me had a problem with it that's the reason why I think that it was such a personal choice, this is your body your face if that's what makes you happy then what the hell! So I worked really hard I had two jobs for about four months and one goal in my head getting a nose that would suit my face, having more confidence and at last LOVE MYSELF.

A bit about my surgeon, I live in Melbourne, AU I didn't really know where to start and as Australia wasn't my country of origin this was a challenge for me! So I simply started looking on internet:'' Best rhinoplasty Surgeon Melbourne'' I wanted to go on the forums as well as angry people always go on this kind of site to complain and warn others so that was a good way for me pick the surgeon who was never on those, and I wanted the best surgeon I could get even if I had to pay a lot for it, plastic surgery is a serious thing it's not like getting clothes on sales and take them back if they don't suit you, you get what you pay for.
At last I found out about that place not to far away from my house, which seemed respectable I called and book an appointment with the Nurse.

There was a long waiting list , about 6 months to see my surgeon he was a busy man which was a really really good sign for me.
I Got lucky maybe 3 days later his PS called me telling me that he could see me the same day as someone else cancelled, I literally dropped work and went to the appointment we talked a good 45 minutes , when I came out I knew he was the surgeon I wanted, I had that ''Gut feeling'' I booked my surgery with the PS.

4 extremely long months later they're I am at 3 day pre-op so freaking excited, My boyfriend whom was really against my choice at the beginning of my journey , helped me and supported me all the way which I am really grateful about.
Surgery was on the 12th November at 2.15pm and I had to be fast which was a torture for me as I am a caffeine addict, went there talked to my surgeon and the Anaesthetist and 5 minutes later I was in the operating room really really excited and a bit nervous but I trusted my surgeon 100% and I knew I was in good hands.

ADVICE PRIOR-SURGERY
I Started to take Bromelain pills, two weeks before hands and Arnica pills as well I also went on a low sodium diet two weeks prior surgery and eat as healthy as you can.
Also no Alcohol for a while as well, I made a mistake to drink a bit the day before surgery which was really stupid.

WHEN I WOKE UP:
3 hours later I was in the recovery room with a huge cast on my face felling high.
I did not feel sick at any point or in pain maybe 3/10 which was fine the Nurse was so gentle and nice to me she gave me ice and water, I read so many reviews on realself about people feeling sick and with a sore throat I did not experience any of those I guess I got lucky because I imagined it way way worse than that, I felt just really groggy and tired.

THE FIRST NIGHT:
It wasn't fun. I usually sleep on my side and completely flat so this was not comfortable in any ways for me, to sleep head elevated and straight I hated it.
I woke up about 3 to 5 time this night I did not have a dry mouth or sore throat, or chapped lips like I though it would have I just fell like I couldn't breath properly and the pain got pretty intense that night maybe 6/10 I was happy I had codeine to put me back to sleep.

FIRST DAY:
It was alright I did not sleep during the day I wanted to be really tired at night so I could sleep better I stayed home and my boyfriend looked after me, I was really grateful I had him I couldn't have wanted anyone better to look after me. Pretty cruisy ate healthy no sodium and took it easy.

SECOND DAY:
Things started to get a bit more serious I started to get swollen and bruised a little my nose felt so stuffed it was pretty annoying but I could kind of breath threw it. This day was pretty relaxed as well but I just could not stop thinking about my nose.
Second night wasn't too bad I woke up 2 times and almost felt no pain.

THIRD DAY: PHYSICAL CONDITION:
Was the worst day so far , I was pretty swollen and I could not really open my eyes, my under eyes were puffed and quiet bruised.
MENTAL CONDITION : This day was also the worst because I felt disgusting and ashamed that I worked so hard to be at this point, I seriously looked like Quasimodo(No offence) and knowing that my boyfriend was seeing in this state really made me depressed and anxious.
Fortunately he was really understanding and re-comforted me reminding me that this wouldn't last.
I would recommend to you all realselfers to get someone that you trust and whom you are really close to as Rhinoplasty can be quiet a roller-coaster with your emotions and you can feel really low. Get a friend or someone who is gonna stick around even if you burst in tears or breakdown like I did because you will feel weak physically but even more mentally.

FORTH DAY:
Went pretty well, I even went out or a bit...I was really worried on how others would look at me in the street not because I had a Rhinoplasty but because I felt Hideous and my confidence was at zero, but my boyfriend pushed me a little and I felt good knowing that I had someone who was by my side and was not judging me.

FIFTH DAY:
Went fine , ate healthy and took it easy the swelling started to get better as the bruising.

SIXTH DAY :
Went really good, I was really excited for the cast removal on Day 7th and kept eating healthy foods

CAST REMOVAL DAY:
I was really excited and nervous, probably more than the day I got the operation, I decided not to have a look when the nurse took the cast off, as I didn't want to breakdown or cry in front of people , she seemed to like it a lot and got rid of few stitches which wasn't as bad as I though again it was only a pinch, Easy.
When I came home I looked in the mirror and I really liked it, even with the swelling it was such a great improvement and I felt like it was worth it for the first time in 7 days.

I still have a lot of swelling as I am only 9 days post-op but I know it is going improve even more with time, I am happy today and excited for the rest of my self confidence journey.

"Patience is a vertue" 11 days post op

Hi all, My surgeon told me to keep a tape on my nose for a other week or so, although today I couldn't resist and I had a look and cleaned this hot mess, Mixed feelings cane out of this I am gonna need time to get used to it , my tip feels lifted and weird which I hope is gonna go down and between my eyes is swollen and bizarre looking, it wasn't love at first sight but I know I am really early in my recovery 11 days is probably to soon to tell but I hope it will get better with time

Before Horror

Tape off - 14 days post-op

Hi everyone, first thing in the morning I took my tape off and I am pretty swollen bridge and tip it´s still really sensitive and a bit puffy, but I am pretty happy with my results so far I really hope that the swelling will go down soon and my nose will be slimmer will keep you updated in a month or so!

Before/After 17 days post-op

Hi there, I am 17 days post-op here some photos before/after for you guys to see the progression, I still take bromelaine pills and on a low sodium diet

Before/After- 17 days post op

Wrong size on the above photos!

17 days post op to 3 weeks post op update

Difference 17 days post op to 20 days post op, everything is going well, although some days the swelling is worst than other, a bit depressing, I suppose I just need to be patient !

1 month and few days update

I think I am around 1 month and few days post op my nose is starting to take shape the tip still very swollen tho and quiet bulbous which worries me a lot but I think that the swelling in the top if my nose is pretty much gone but the 2/3 and 3/3 the swelling still there, hope everyone is well !

Almost 3 months post-op in few days

Hey everyone my nose is healing pretty smoothly I believe I am a bit worried tho because I feel like it is longer than a month ago ( Am I going back?) hope it will keep be smaller and will stop doing crazy things I am definitely happy tho keep you posted !
Xoxo

Progress before-3 months post op

Front update for you guys , feelling like my nose is bigger at 3 months than 2 ? Gotta admit that I am slighlty worried ! Hope it will get better ! Feel free to let me know what you think! Xoxo
Australia Plastic Surgeon

I am only 8 days post-op but I can already tell that DR.SOUTHWICK did a great great job on my nose , he is a true artist I am so happy I chose him and went ahead with the operation, Cannot thank him enough. I will let you know in a 3 and 6 months post op how is my nose going but it looks amazing so far.

Oh, I'm new here.. Was it that doctor? Dr southwick?
Hi, could you tell me the name of your doctor please? Thank you!
I think your nose looks great. The reason its bigger is most likely the stuff you eat that makes is swell. A lot of people react with swelling in their nose after rhinoplasty after you eat lost of salt and drink alcohol. My advice to you, drink lots of green tea, stay away from salty food, and try not drink alcohol. But I think your nose looks really good.
Thanks for the support ! Getting better everyday :)
This is one of the best results I have seen! Just perfect nose.
Looking good! I love reading these positive posts. I'm hoping to have the same results - procedure planned for this Friday.
Congrats. Your nose looks beautiful. You doctor did a great job. Thanks for the update.
Oops, wrong comment! I meant I look forward to seeing pics couple of weeks down the road to see your nose's developments. Looking good!!
Looking good! I look forward to seeing you with your cast off :)

Thank you so much for sharing your log of your days post-op! You're going to help so many others with that account of how you felt. Sleeping the first few nights is rough, but you made it through. Enjoy your lovely new nose!

Congratulations! your nose looks great and will continue to improve.
Only 8 days and your results already look fantastic
Thank you! I feel like my tip is so lifted and huge tho I hope it will get better, crossed fingers :)