Bi-lateral Breast Reconstruction Due to Prophylactic Mastectomy (LCIS Present in Breasts) 46 Year Old - Melbourne, AU

The motivation for my breast reconstruction was...

The motivation for my breast reconstruction was the fact that I had a benign lump removed that had LCIS tissue (Lobular Carcinoma In Situ) surrounding it. (Pre-Malignant cells). My mother passed away from this type of breast cancer at 65 and had BC for 23 years. She had it 3 times. My surgeon advised me that it would be prudent to have a bi-lateral mastectomy and reconstruction. I took his advice without hesitating.

The relief I felt when I woke up from the surgery was immense. I have had wonderful care and support from nurses and surgeon post op. I had tissue expanders in each breast cavity for 6 months, and have just had the gel implants inserted, and a fat graft (liposuction) to help shape the breasts.

The outcome is outstanding. It's a big procedure, but worth it. I would recommend anybody who is in my situation to undertake this procedure. I would have 100% got breast cancer, and can now live without fear, and concentrate on bringing up my kids and getting on with my life. I thank the team who have looked after me so well.

Before

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

After - just out of surgery

More to come

Will post 'now' pics in next few days

3 Weeks Post implant exchange

Side view

Other side veiw

I'll be getting some more fat grafting in July so will post post op after that. Just need a bit more volume over the top area of implants.
Your story is so compassionate and a blessN I hope U remain c-free and U look great!
Msmsjazz, thank you. I was very lucky that my surgeon found my LCIS. Fabulous surgeons and a great result and blessed to be able to move on and pray to be C-free. Doing gene testing now.

Update 12 months post Bilateral Mastectomy

Hi again. Since my last post on Real Self I have had another fat graft from my flank and stomach and am doing really well. I have had so many compliments on my new set of breasts and thank my doctors every day that the pre -malignant cells were detected and I was able to get my surgery done whilst being healthy and cancer free. I am very lucky. I have also been having some IPL and will get some needling done shortly, to reduce my scars. ARC plastic surgery have also been able to help me with this procedure and have been fantastic. I have attached some more photos for an update. Thank you again to Howard Webster and his team, and to my general surgeon.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Howard Webster has been outstanding in all that he has done. He has given me expert advice and full support of my decision. Howard has been meticulous in all areas of surgery and post operative care. Howard and his staff have cared for me with utmost professionalism and kindness. They have made this procedure all the more tolerable. I thank Howard and his team for their outstanding care and kindness.