Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels and LILT Therapy - Melbourne, AU

I have been battling acne for over a decade now,...

I have been battling acne for over a decade now, without much success. After trying every magic pill and magic cream I am turning to micro/peels/laser.

I started getting microdermabrasion's and mild peels on the 1st of August 2013. I had a treatment every 1-2 weeks alternating between mild peels and microdermabrasion's. All up I had 4 sessions of each and was given 3 skincare products as part of my $800 package. My skin did improve dramatically, the texture was much smoother and brighter and my scarring cleared slightly.

I then got a $200 Purple Peel - which I am now regretting. I peeled for the first 4 days and my skin was looking brighter. But then the day after my skin erupted in painful boils. My skin went back to how it was before I started my treatments. I then had another dermabrasion and extraction session and I went tomato red for the rest of the day. My skin settled but I was still left with painful sores on my face with more pimples emerging. I was gutted considering by this stage I had spent $1,000 on my skin and it had reverted back to its usual self. I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt for now as the esthetician said it was a normal reaction and my skin was just purging the congestion that the mild peels and microdermabrasion's couldn't get to. But apparently there is still some underlying congestion that even the purple peel couldn't get to due to my pores being so tight around the side of my face.

I am starting LILT Therapy next week to combat the rest of the congestion, my minimal rolling scars, redness and pigmentation. This will be over 5 weeks with two treatments a week. This will set me back another $800. I am feeling a little disheartened right now considering my skin was going really well up until the chemical peel but I am going to give it a shot - if this doesn't work back to the drawing board I go.

If anyone has had LILT Therapy before I would love to hear your experience. Fingers crossed this works!
Laser and Skin Clinic

Hello beautiful. I know how you feel ! I'm in the same position as you and my skin is slightly like yours with the same type of acne. It's so hard to get rid of and even after all these painfull treatments, there never seems to be a cure. I'll be following you and I hope you will find a solution. I am thinking of accutane soon!
I did mine from fair view clinic in Toronto, I'm settled there few km's away from York mills road. I had 25 neoderma peelings and the results were amazing! But i was not happy enough, i bought chemical peels on ebay most stupid thing i ever did, and i used tca and lactic acid to reduce to blackheads on big pores on my nose, it was a disaster! Finally i ended up meeting Dr jain. She also suggested Obagi NuDerm Skin Care System.

Welcome to RealSelf! I am so glad you took the time to share the different things you have tried to assist in resolving your acne and the results you achieved. Check out this review,tepezcohuite cream of asdm beverly hills heals acne blemishes and I think it could help heal your breakout.