Finally Doing This! - Media, PA

I've been self conscious about my nose since I...

I've been self conscious about my nose since I was in middle school. I was born with a cute little nose and as I got older it kept growing but the rest of my face never caught up! I am very confident and feel beautiful but my nose is the one feature that just doesn't fit the rest of my face. From the front it doesn't bother me too bad and I have one angle the I always photograph from but when someone catches me in a photo from my "bad angle" I absolutely just cringe! The thing that I hate the most is seeing my nose from the side when I'm smiling. The tip droops down, it is way over projected and I have a sharp bump on the one side of the bridge. I have been thinking about doing this for as long as I can remember and always managed to talk myself out of it. Now I am turning 26 in a few weeks and getting married in 8 months and decided to go for it. All I can think about is the photographer snapping photos of me on my wedding day from the side, smiling at the alter from my absolute worst angle on the happiest day of my life.

I've done so much research and have followed everyone's stories and advice on this website. I believe I have found the absolute best surgeon, he does only facial plastic surgery and I was able to talk to a few people that had their surgery done by him who were extremely happy with their results! He said I have a very deviated septum and that my nose was for sure fractured at some point judging from the way the bone protrudes on one side. He will be rasping down the bone, making my nose less projected and shortening the tip because it is sort of long. The great part is that he doesn't have to break my nose so hopefully was swelling and bruising won't be too bad! I am heading back to his office later today to get the computer imaging and set the date. I am beyond excited! I will upload the photos when I get them but for now I have uploaded some before photos. I don't have any "really bad ones" because I always position myself a certain way in photos so I don't look bad like I'm sure most of you have learned to do.. can't wait until I don't even have to worry about it anymore!

I had the computer imaging done yesterday which...

I had the computer imaging done yesterday which looked awesome and set the date!! June 18th.. just over 6 weeks away! Count down is on!

You are so pretty JessieMarie!!  Thanks for showing us your photos.  I am so excited for you, June 18th is right around the corner.  I know how it is to have something that just really bothers you, it is good you are doing what makes you feel better.

Kate

Sure! Dr. Pontell in Media, Pa
His practice is called The Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery Center. You will love him! His demeanor is fabulous and he is very accommodating. I know someone who is 1 month post op from her rhinoplasty with him and she looks and feels amazing. He does ONLY facial plastic surgery and has received numerous awards for his work : )
Let me know how you make out.
Congratulations on your Decision! I just recently resolved that I was going to get rhinoplasty and I am looking at doctors in the Philadelphia area. Can you post who yours is?

I added my computer imaged photos. Not the best...

I added my computer imaged photos. Not the best lighting but you can kind of see what he will be doing to my nose.
I think that you're a knock-out just the way you are.
Beautiful morphs... so natural!
You are going to be absolutely gorgeous, you already are but with the new nose you'll be positively stunning. I can see from your pic's that this will be the case. Take Care, and Good Luck, I'm in San Diego and can't seem to find a doctor a I like yet, it's becomming quite a problem for me, this locating a decent surgeon, I can't begin to imagine why either it's a big enough town but there isn't anybody here I like enough with their before and after pics to do this yet. Yike's! You'd think in a town this big I could find at least one! I had thought about Hilinski but then I read a review that said he had a major problem with a flesh eating bacteria case in Texas. Maybe it wasn't even his fault. Whio knows, he seems to be tthe onlyone out here that doeshave decent B&A pic's everyone else's always show a few pic's that don't even appear altered in any way shape or form? What gives? I'm not giving up but if I were to spend my hard earned money on work I really want to see a significant improvement. Enough said! Good luick on your surgery hon, let us know how it turns out for yo.

Has anyone used CareCredit? It's what my doctor...

Has anyone used CareCredit? It's what my doctor offers and I am thinking about using it. I would love to pay cash for the surgery but because my wedding is just 8 months away I'd like to alleviate some of the upfront cost with a payment plan..just until after the wedding. I thought my insurance would cover more of the cost but they don't. Any thoughts from people that have experience with CareCredit? Thank you!!!
Hi, I was going to apply for carecredit for my surgery but I saw a lot of complaints online. You should google 'carecredit complaints'. Oh and the changes you plan on doing are small but they look like they're gonna make a huge difference. I'm sure you'll look beautiful! Good luck with your surgery and your wedding!
Thank you!
:) you looks so great

Wow time is flying... it is exactly 5 weeks until...

Wow time is flying... it is exactly 5 weeks until my surgery! That also means that I have exactly 1 week until I have to quit smoking for the surgery and that day happens to fall on my birthday : ) Probably the best birthday present I could give to myself!
I already know all of the risks and complications that are associated with smoking and surgery but I'm just wondering if any of you also had or soon have to quit for your surgery? This is where I probably need the most support. It's an issue that I don't see anyone else talking about so good for all of you that don't smoke because it is a disgusting habit, but just reaching out to see if maybe someone else is in the same boat?
Hope day one is going well, be a quitter =)
Surrey - Thank you so much for the advice. I will keep all of those things in mind. It is really hard and I don't have time to plan at this point.. so I just have to do it or I can't get the surgery. That is my biggest motivation. I'm glad to hear that you did it and stayed off of them. I just don't want to be a cranky pants.. I think that's the worst part!
I don't understand why we cannot contacct member profiles that have posted problems similar to ours to communicate results or outcomes. For example I SEARCHED: "bump after rhinoplasty on nasal bone" and I found many people members with the same issue after rhinoplasty. Doctors repeating the same answers, but no one has posted folow up on weather the bump goes away or not.
Does the bump go away eventually? Coulld anyway who had this problem please post their outcome?

Ok so my surgery is just 3 1/2 weeks away at this...

Ok so my surgery is just 3 1/2 weeks away at this point and I am getting super excited! I have quit smoking as instructed and feel amazing. I still have to schedule an appointment to get my bloodwork done two weeks before the surgery but I did already fill my prescriptions. At this point I would like to ask all of you who have talked about the Arnica Montana where I should buy it? Do I need to order it off of the internet or can I walk into a vitamin shop and get it? My PS said I'm more than welcome to try it but he doesn't require it or really think it does much to help. Since so many of you have had great things to say I'd definitely like to try.. it can't hurt!
CONGRATS ON QUITTING YAYYYY!
yes protein smoothies!! Good idea! Too bad my blender just broke.. I guess I'll add that to my list as well
i think we're having surgery around the same time! exciting! i'm definitely getting the arnica pills - it can't hurt right? i'm guessing the gel's probably more effective? because you apply it directly to the swollen area... also gonna be blending pinapples into my protein smoothies. i quit smoking too :)

Just wanted to update that today is 7 days smoke...

Just wanted to update that today is 7 days smoke free for me! I feel incredible and it was super easy. I even went to the shore for the weekend and was drinking and socializing and it was still not a problem at all. Just want to pass on this advice for anyone else that might be struggling with quitting for surgery, read this book: The Easy Way to Quit Smoking by Allen Carr
It works. If I can quit, anyone can.

Besides that, I am exactly 2 weeks and 6 days away from surgery. My allergies have been crazy for over a week now. I can't stop sneezing, watery eyes..the whole bit so I am hoping that goes away before surgery since you can't blow your nose!

Kind of funny story.. I was out at happy hour this weekend down the shore for the holiday and directly across the bar from me was this girl with a splint on her nose. She had make up on but was slightly swollen still. Probably because I had a few drinks I decided to ask her if she just had her nose done. She lied and said "No I was in a car accident" I knew she was lying and I respect that, I was probably out of line for asking a stranger if they had their nose done. But I think I assume that all people are like me (very open and honest) Not to mention she was in a BAR with a splint on her nose and still swollen. So I said to her "Oh my God, I'm so sorry..I'm actually having my nose done in 3 weeks and just thought I'd ask" I guess because of my honesty she decided to tell the truth and admitted that yes she just had her nose done. It was cool to see someone up close in person with the bruises and splint right before my own surgery! Her nose looked like it was going to be beautiful. We spoke for a few minutes and it ended up being really funny. We both thanked each other for honesty and she wished me luck.
Just thought I'd share the story.. kind of ironic. I've never ran into anyone that just had their nose done and happen to for the first time a few weeks before my own surgery.
Thanks Holly! I know, I keep thinking not only did I quit smoking so my skin and health will be better but I get a new noes at the end of it too!!
I'm soo happy that it's been so easy for you to quit smoking/really proud of you for doing it!! =) Not only will you be stunning after your surgery, but you are going to look/feel so much better and healthier!
Thanks Jessie! I'm excited to see it with the splint off too. Although I'm trying to not be too hard on myself I know my nose is super swollen but it's hard looking at it right now because it's soooo wide and I know it'll be like that for a while. Arnica worked great taking the swelling out of my eyes but with a splint on I cant apply it to the nose and make that normal again =)

Just a quick update that my surgery has been...

Just a quick update that my surgery has been pushed back one day to June 19th @ 8AM and moved to a different surgical center for insurance reasons. This change will save me $1150 so I think it's totally worth it to wait the extra day!

I am also really excited that the woman having her revision rhinoplasty by my PS on the same day, at the same location has found me on this site. Now that's a true recovery buddy!

Today I am officially 2 weeks from surgery! I am...

Today I am officially 2 weeks from surgery! I am excited, nervous, second guessing, then excited again... a lot of different emotions. I had a bit of a rough morning and thought about canceling for a bit, just a bunch of frustrating logistics with financing, questions being answered correctly and information being given in a timely manner. I felt like everyone was working against me and not to mention I had my blood work appointment this morning at my primary care doctor and I sat in the waiting room for 2 hours until I was seen. Just a bunch of nonsense, but everything worked itself out. I feel much better now and am very confident that my PS is going to do a fantastic job.

I also would like to shout from the roof top that I am 2 weeks smoke free today and I feel fantastic!!! I have been going on a long walk every morning, I have more energy and just feel much better all around.

I also stopped into The Vitamin Shop today and purchased the Arnica Montana pellets and cream for a total of $20. The pellets were in a buy 2 get 1 free pack! All of my prescriptions are filled and ready to go as well.

At this point all I have to do is make a checklist of everything I could possibly need and all of the groceries I need to buy the day before the surgery. I am also having my house deep cleaned the day before the surgery so I don't have to worry about it. I always clean my own house but my fiance' thought it'd be nice to have someone come in and do it so I don't have to worry about it!

I was reading on the instruction sheet from the surgical center that they ask you to shower and wash your hair before coming to surgery. I think my surgery is going to be early in the morning so I'm hoping it's okay to wash my hair the night before. I obviously don't mind showering in the morning but I have really curly hair that takes about a half hour to blow dry and that is kind of inconvenient the morning of surgery. I don't want to leave it curly because it would be a nappy, matted knotball by day 2 of laying against a pillow on my couch lol.

Other than that I just have to wait now and stop freaking out. I had a dream the other night that I woke up for surgery in the morning and realized that I had woken up thirsty in the middle of the night and drank a bottle of water. I had to cancel the surgery and lost all of the money. Whenever big events in my life are approaching I start having crazy nightmares about them, does that happen to anyone else? So weird!
Ahhh! I don't know about you, but the days just seem to be dragging!
Thanks Lilly!!! It feels great! I will totally add Papaya to my list and pineapple.. I like both anyway : )
SOOO happy you are smoke free!!! Congrats to you! Also add Papaya to your grocery list it really helps with bruising as soon as I started eating it mine cleared up. So happy for you!

Wow tomorrow is 1 week until surgery! I can't...

Wow tomorrow is 1 week until surgery! I can't believe how fast time is flying. Surprisingly I am not really nervous, just once in awhile I second guess my decision but I think that's normal. I'm sure as this week moves along and I get closer to the weekend I will start to get a little more nervous. I am sure it is going to look great from the side and I am just praying that it looks good from the front and that it doesn't change my face much at all. I am going to make my check list today so I don't forget anything I may need. I am looking forward to having a few days to lay around and read this 50 shades of gray series that everyone and their mother is talking about!
i bought 50 shades of grey too :D heard great great things
these last 7 days will fly by the fastest! i hope your dreams are getting better and that you still feel good from quitting smoking :) amazing job babe.
Lala I feel great, it's been 22 days! I haven't had any more bad dreams and I am really excited! I'm so ready!!! Good luck today, I'll be thinking of you!

6/15/12 4 days until surgery!!! I am feeling a...

6/15/12

4 days until surgery!!! I am feeling a lot more prepared. I made my checklist today and after work went to Walmart and Wallgreens to get everything I could possibly need. My PS also responded to my email today to answer a few last questions that I had. I still need to go to the grocery store to grab easy to eat foods and Ensure. My Mom is making me Ditalini's and my fiance' is making me home made chicken soup so I'm looking forward to that! I told them no added salt please! I have a really nice weekend planned with my family at the shore and when I get back I'll have the surgery!

I am now 24 days smoke free and a few weird things have happened and though I feel great, my system is kind of out of whack. Sorry for the TMI but I have been constipated since the day I quit smoking. I'm taking laxitives and laxitive tea and it helps but I'd really like to go back to normal. I know the pain killers are going to make it worse so I'm not looking forward to that. I now feel like my face is sort of purging out all the toxins that the smoke was causing and I'm not really worried since I knew my skin would go crazy after the surgery anyway. Hopefully I can resume my Retin-A not too long after surgery. Just thought I'd be really honest and open in this review in case anyone can benefit or relate.

AHhhhhh so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only a couple of days left recovery buddy!
I can't believe it's tomorrow.
What did you pick up?? I'm still gradually making a list...I thought I would have everything purchased and ready already..I'm usually so anal about that kind of stuff..lol!

So tomorrow is the big day. I can't believe it's...

So tomorrow is the big day. I can't believe it's here. The last few weeks went by so fast for me. I don't feel too nervous but can tell I must be sub consciously because I was sick all night last night. My stomach went crazy. It also happens to be "that time of the month" so I am super emotional and feeling pretty drained already. I am so glad I got everything together and did my shopping and laundry before the weekend so I can just relax today. Thank God someone is here cleaning my entire house right now because it is the last thing I would feel like doing right now. Best decision I made all week. I just pray that the surgery goes well, no complications, smooth recovery and a great end result. It was stupid not to bring my computer to the shore this weekend. I felt like I needed the support in the last few days leading up to the surgery and I feel much better now that I"m home. I wanted to thank everyone for all of the encouragement, support and for sharing your stories over the last few months. It has helped me tremendously and I honestly don't even know if I'd be going through with this if I never found this site.

I go in tomorrow morning at 7:15am. Not sure what time the actual surgery will start but he said it would be about 1.5 hours. If I am feeling up to it I will update at some point tomorrow. If not, I'll do it as soon as I feel okay.

I also wanted to tell anyone who has an upcoming surgery that I got a great U shaped travel neck pillow at 5 below for $5. It holds your head in the right place and they come in a lot of cute colors and patterns.

Still deciding what to have for dinner tonight since I'll be eating baby food and yogurt for the rest of the week!
Good luck tomorrow! Hope it goes very smoothly :)
I know!!!!! I am really calm but very excited. I just want to get a good night sleep. I have to get up at 5:45am. I promise to update soon! Thanks so much!
OMG!!!! The day is almost here!! Can't believe you have less than 12 hours to go!!!!!!! WooooHooo!! Can't wait to hear how you're doing!!! Good Luck!! :)

6/19/12 6:00 am It's the morning of surgery and...

6/19/12 6:00 am

It's the morning of surgery and I just wanted to do a quick update. I got up early because I couldn't stand the dream I was having any longer. I kept fighting to wake up from it and when I finally did I jumped in the shower. In my dream I overslept, was super late for surgery and lost all the $. Horrible. So now I'm going to be super early. I'm not real nervous, just want to get it over with!

Ahhhhhhhh let's do it!

Hey guys, I did it! Surgery is over. The staff...

Hey guys,

I did it! Surgery is over. The staff at the surgical center was fantastic and made me feel very very comfortable. The anesthesia was a different story. It was pure panic for me as it went through my body and I passed out and also pure panic when I woke up. I was hysterical from what I remember and thought I was going to throw up. I was shaking and shivering so bad. I never want to do that again in my life. Thank God they gave me like 3 nausea pills so I didn't actually get sick but the nausea was unbearable. I have only taken extra strength tylenol because the tylenol 3 will probably make me sick. When I got home I tried to sleep but my mouth was pretty dry and I kept waking up. I get really claustrophobic so with all of this stuff on my face and not being able to breath well out of my nose I thought I was going to lose it. Walking was impossible for a few hours because I felt so "drunk." Of course I had to tinkle a few times and my bathroom is upstairs so that was a pain in the butt.

At about 5pm I started to feel better and was able to eat and take my medicines. I have felt pretty good since then! My nose is bleeding and I have changed the drip pad 4 or 5 times today. My throat is just a tiny bit sore but nothing to complain about. I don't have any black eyes or swelling right now but I'm sure it will show up tomorrow. I didn't take any arnica today..totally was the last thing on my mind so I just finally took it now. I don't want to put the cream on, I feel like it's just going to get all over the tape.

I am really tired so I'm going to try to sleep now. Update tomorrow : )
JessieMarie,
I just read your blog! I hope your recovering well. I was so intrigued because you have my exact same story (minus the wedding, that I know of ;) ). I am in the exact same boat in everything you have been experiencing. I have my surgery scheduled this coming Monday. I wish I would have found this website sooner!! I would love to talk more. Hope your getting rest!!
Hey anything you need or any questions please let me know. I'd love to chat. PM me if you'd like! I'll check out your story.
I don't have much of a story yet. I'm a little worried about people being able to google me on here. LOL. What is PM? I will be looking forward to the 4th day! haha!

6/20/12 Day 2 Hey guys! I just didn't have the...

6/20/12 Day 2

Hey guys! I just didn't have the energy to update earlier but I am feeling a little better now. I didn't feel well today. I had a lot of pressure in my head almost like a terrible sinus infection/ cold. My back and neck are so sore from the way I've been sleeping upright. My nose has stopped bleeding but it is running a lot of clear fluid which is super annoying and its kind of stinging where my stitches are. My swelling and bruising are very minimal. I can't wait to get my nose cleaned up tomorrow. I see my PS at 12:15!

Thanks for all of the encouragement and well wishes everyone! It definitely helps with recovery! I will add a day 2 photo
You go girl!!! You made it to the other side. :) Your experience of waking up from surgery sounds very similar to mine. I wonder why our bodies responded that way. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Keep your head up and rest. Try to lay off of walking a lot for a few days if you can. You can do this. Having my fiance reassure me that this is all worth it and that my nose is just swollen has been the greatest help to me so asking your fiance to do the same might be helpful to you too! Thinking about my wedding day and not having to worry about pictures of my profile has been such a weight lifted off of my shoulders. I'm so excited for you!! You are going to be glowing on your wedding day! :D!
Yes, the other side isn't too much fun but I'm glad it will get better each day! I'm not sure why we responded that way to the anesthesia.. I definitely take after my Mom. I have just been laying around for 2 days. My fiance' is so great waiting on me. Thanks so much for the encouragement!!

Day 3 Today was hard. I threw up all day, even...

Day 3

Today was hard. I threw up all day, even at the doctor's office for my first post op appointment. I took an anti nausea pill and feel better but I'm really wiped out. I barely have energy to read. I know some people seem to have a walk in the park recovery but mine has been quite difficult so far. I don't care what I look like at all right now, I just want to feel better. I'm hoping tomorrow will be the day! I am sticking with extra strength tylenol because tylenol 3 is not agreeing with my stomach. I will probably also take a laxative tonight because it's been 3 days and I don't want to start feeling uncomfortable. The swelling in my top lip has gone down and the "black eyes" never turned into anything major. Kind of just stayed pink and slightly puffy. All is pretty much going away now. I was very very lucky in that way. I kind of liked the swelling in my top lip, I was hoping it would stay LOL
Hi princess!!! 3rd day was the WORST FOR ME! Was my most nauseous day and threw up all morning! 3rd day is always the absolute worst...yes, take laxatives....that was my only problem from days 4 and 5...everything else with recovery IS A BREEZE PROMISE!!! :) keep your head up got my splint off today and would do the first three bad days ALL OVER AGAIN! :)
And you look so pretty!! Thanks for the encouragement girlfriend!
i am so sorry you had a bad day today! 3rd day was the hardest for me (i threw up too)... i really really hope it gets better for you from here on out. i feel the same way about my upper lip too haha. actually now that i have a smaller nose my upper lip looks fuller. hopefully that's the case for you too :D when do you get your cast off?

Day 4 Wow. Today was so much better!! I feel...

Day 4

Wow. Today was so much better!! I feel like a totally different person. The nausea and bad headache went away and now just a bit tired and sore. Now I am actually getting excited about the nose job and getting the cast of on Tuesday. It was fun to have the energy to really look at it in the mirror today for a bit. Since I look the same from the front today I am going to post photos from the side. I can already see how much less projected and shorter it is! It is also wider then usual but that's because it's swollen and it doesn't really bother me because my nose is naturally so narrow. I really think I'm going to like it!!

I've pretty much just stayed in bed and read a book all day. I just ordered some Chinese food because I've really worked up an appetite today and I'm sick of soup, yogurt..etc. I only took 1 tylenol today and continue to take my antibiotics, arnica and apply ointment to the stitches so they stay moist. I also started using the saline nasal spray. Unfortunately the laxative did not work so I'll be trying it again. I can't believe day 4 is almost over already!
I can't wait to see...I hope you are doing ok with your recovery :)xo
Hi Star!!! I am doing much better, thanks so much. Splint off on Tuesday so I will update then for sure! Hope you're doing well, you look beautiful.
Hope you are feeling bed xoxoxoxo

Day before splint removal Hey guys! Hope you...

Day before splint removal

Hey guys! Hope you all are doing well! Just wanted to update that the 2nd half of my recovery is going extremely well and I feel 1000% better then the first 3 days. I have been up and out of the house the last few days, still not over doing it but just 1 or 2 errands per day. I figured I couldn't look that out of place in Walmart. (The one near my house is a hot mess)

Yesterday my fiance' took me to the race track to watch the horses run so that was a really fun outing. I put a little make up on and a hat and no one looked at me weird at all. I was in such good spirits. We met up with a few friends at the track and they loved that I came out with the splint on! I totally encourage going out in public with the splint on if you feel like you want to get out of the house! I added a photo from yesterday.

So tomorrow is the big day of the reveal! I am so excited to get this crap off of my face... it's itchy and I really just want to take a proper shower, wash my hair and face. I obviously want to see my nose too!!!! My appointment is at 1:45pm, totally wish it was earlier. I'll update afterward.
LOL I know, I was going crazy cooped up in the house though! Thanks, I'll update tomorrow when I get home!
Hey Jessiemarie,

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience and please continue to do so. I just had rhinoplasty done and I'm not feeling the greatest at the moment but reading your story and updates has helped me and lifted my spirits in some ways. Hope it gets better for me.

By the way, I think you are a gorgeous person and hope your results turn out just the way you hoped for. All the best to you.
Hi Sweetapple,

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, when did you have your rhinoplasty? Are you still recovering or did you already get your splint off?

Thanks so much for the compliment, that is so sweet. I get my splint off in a few hours and will be sure to update. If you have any questions or want to chat send me a PM!

Day 7 Splint removal My splint comes off in 5...

Day 7 Splint removal

My splint comes off in 5 hours and 45 minutes. I am THAT excited. It is so itchy and annoying at this point I just can't wait to come home afterward and take a long hot shower, clean my face really well and blow out my hair. I will then do an update and post new photos this evening!!!

Splint is off!!!! Because I have the best...

Splint is off!!!!

Because I have the best doctor in the whole world he called me this morning because he saw my post on realself last night that I was itching to get my cast off. He took it off earlier this morning and I LOVE IT!!!! It is swollen but I know it will be just perfect for me. I am so happy! I have been on conference calls all morning and after them I want to take a long shower, wash my hair and then I promise I will post photos!!!

Definitely WORTH IT!!!!! I am so glad I chose Dr....

Definitely WORTH IT!!!!! I am so glad I chose Dr. Pontell. I am so thrilled with my new nose. It is a little swollen and there is a piece of tape at the base in between my nostrils covering the incision where he removed the stitches. He said it's there to make sure the incision heals nicely. You can see it in the photos. Not sure when that will come off, but hopefully soon because I was hoping not to have to wear it to work. My nose is pretty numb and it feels super weird to touch it. After the splint removal I had one pimple on my cheek under the tape and one on my forehead. It felt so good to really clean my face and wash my hair!!! I will do a complete 5 star review of Dr. Pontell shortly but I have a meatloaf in the oven I need to attend to right now!!! Hope you like the photos!!!!
You look cute and so nice!!
You look really cute in the photos. You are lucky, your doctor is allowing you to wear sunglasses so early, I have to wait till end of this month. What about blowing your nose?
when I saw your before pics I was like wow she's hot lol But after the surgery, it really brought your features out. You have really pretty features and your nose looks amazing!!! I'm so happy for you!! If you don't mind can you please tell me how you get your cheeks to be so dewy looking? Like what do you use on them? (I love them in the before pic)

Hey guys! I hope everyone is enjoying their...

Hey guys! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! It's been 2 months since my rhinoplasty and I'm feeling great! Just wanted to update on my progress and add a few photos. I love my new nose.. I'm sure over the next few months it will change a bit.. the tip is super hard so I'm sure it is swollen. I still can't completely blow my nose right because the tip is so hard and I can't really grab it with a tissue, if you know what I mean. I still really try to avoid bumping it..etc. If it stayed the way it is forever I'd be happy but I think it will probably take shape even more over the next few months. I have to be honest in saying that I think the tip dropped a bit after a few weeks and I kind of liked it better when it was up a little higher. Not sure if it could be attributed to swelling but either way it looks much better than before. I guess when I update the 8 week photos it will be easier to compare.. let me know what you think!

Tonight I am updating the 4 weeks post op photo I forgot to add and tomorrow I will take 8 week post op photos and update with different views!
You look so good! My surgery is Sept. 6th & Dr. Pontell is my Dr too :) hope my result is just as good as yours.
Its looking even better with time! Glad you're happy :)
You have a very good choice of clothes you wear.

Ok just updated 9 week post op photos as promised!

Ok just updated 9 week post op photos as promised!
I had surgery with Dr. Pontell about 5 weeks ago. He showed me a little what my front view would be like, but not my side views. I know everyone says he took time with them in the consultation, showed them before and after pictures of noses he did, asked them what they did not like about there nose, and what there expectations were. None of this was done with me. He had a patient waiting in the waiting room so he must of been to busy. I now hate this ugly nose I have, most of what bothered me was not corrected. I did tell him even if he did not ask, I don't think he heard me though,because I still most of all those issues. My nose looks completely different on both my side views and is a very uneven ugly nose. It has only been 5 weeks, but you liked your nose from the beginning and I hate my nose. My nose looks awful, he's says I need to be patient it's still swollen, but most of the people who like there nose, like it by now, and there nose looks great, mine does not.I am so depressed, because I'm going through this all over again, and going thru all this and it might not be worth it. I have a fear I will not have a life, like it has been for over 25 years, hiding from the world never doing anything because I'm so ashamed I did this a second time only for it to look worst.Most of all I regret putting my family through this, and the pain I have caused them. I picked him from the reviews of this web site. He is a very nice doctor like everyone says, but the consultation was completely different for me than everyone else. I don't know why. Yours looks wonderful, beautiful,and fits your face perfectly. I'm so glad for you that everything turned out well and you are happy.
Great results! I had my surgery Oct 7th and had a very similar nose to yours.. Almost 2 weeks post op.
I'm so happy with URbeautiful that you had great results.
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

I love Doctor P. He is the best! I did so much research and talked to so many people that have had rhinoplasty performed by him before choosing. I made the right choice and am so thankful to him for giving me my new nose! No complaints here!