Dr. Pontell - Excellent Plastic Surgeon - Media, PA

Rhinoplasty is not pain free; however, the end...

Rhinoplasty is not pain free; however, the end result made the whole procedure worth the experience. The night after my surgery the swelling was minimal and the pain was not very bad. I believe days two and three were probably the worst for swelling and pain. The bleeding basically subsided after day 3.
After I got the initial cast off of my nose Dr. Pontell put strips across the bridge because my swelling was still pretty severe. I was a bit nervous that my new nose was going to look bulbous and thick at the bridge. However, now that the swelling is basically gone, my nose looks perfect! Please know that the results are not immediate. I read many reviews which warned me of the same thing, however, I still expected my nose to be beautiful after 3 weeks. This was not the case! I would say the real swelling did not subside until about 6 weeks. I still wake with a little swelling, but overall my nose could not be better!
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pontell spent ample time with me and my husband during my consultation for rhinoplasty. He did not try and rush the free consultation, but instead was willing to engage in small talk with my husband and answer all questions pertaining to my concerns. Dr. Pontell uses a computer imaging to manipulate my photo and show me how I would look after the nose job. The nose Dr. Pontell created with the computer program fit my face perfectly and did not appear to be the typical up-turned nose so common after a rhinoplasty. After my consultation I decided that due to Dr. Pontell’s calming and thorough demeanor I would move forward with a nose job. I scheduled my surgery and unfortunately had to cancel my original date and reschedule. Dr. Pontell’s office manager Kay was very accommodating and kind during this process. My rhinoplasty went wonderfully and my mom (who took me for surgery) was extremely impressed with Dr. Pontell’s attentiveness after surgery. Dr. Pontell called me that night to make sure I was doing alright. He gave me his personal cell phone number and urged me to call with any concerns. I did not need to reach out to him because any aches, pains, swelling, or bleeding were fully expected due to Dr. Pontell’s in depth explanation of post-surgery occurrences. I am approximately 3 months post-op and am absolutely thrilled with the results! My nose looks identical to the original pre-op photo Dr. Pontell created. I do experience some minor swelling in the mornings, but aside from this I believe my nose is basically perfect! I highly recommend Dr. Pontell. He is a kind, thorough, patient, and excellent plastic surgeon.

I would love to see photos.

Hooray for your success story! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf. What supplies helped you get through recovery?

Do you have pictures? I'm glad you are so happy with your results! Congrats!