My Day is Coming - Medford, OR

Having it done this month on the 18th! this has...

having it done this month on the 18th! this has only been a dream until now, so happy can't wait. i will post my review of after care as soon as i can

13 more days! not sure how I am going to make? I...

13 more days! not sure how I am going to make? I think waiting is the hard part. nurse call me and went over everything yesterday, so i guess i am good to go :)

I started my shower with the lever soap! not...

I started my shower with the lever soap! not counting today I have 5 days to go. My insurance cover my all my Rx so it cost me about $20. I did try the caster oil the other day to see how it works and two days later i'm well, still going...I'm having problem finding a button down night gown or house coat??? Will try again this week end. I booked the hotel for the night before so I can be alone with my husband and thoughts.

Well tomorrow is the day and all I am doing is...

Well tomorrow is the day and all I am doing is cleaning house! I keep thinking they are going to call and cancel on me!!!!! I am staying at the hotel tonight so I won't have to worry about the travel time ( my husband drives slow ) and I don't have to worry about my children and their needs, just mine. Started my bowel cleaning yesterday and no food today ate most liquid yesterday one yogurt and some mashed potatoes for dinner. Lots of water..... I am so excited.........wish me luck

Doing well but very sick still. can'y use the...

doing well but very sick still. can'y use the bathroom and so my tummy hurts. but i love the way it looks already1

Well i am just shy of two weeks since surgery and...

well i am just shy of two weeks since surgery and i feel pretty good!still take pills at night to help with sleep. i'm a diabetic so healing will be slower for me. but i love my new yummy so much. i can't tell you how many times i have broke down and cried over the change :) i still get tried really easy and can't sleep in bed yet. I made husband sleep in bed because he has been at my side every second and he needs sleep. I am alone today as my sitter could not make it so a little worried! but i have already been able to get on floor and change twins, get them dress just cant lift yet or drive. i'm a happy girl oh and maybe TMI but have been with hubby already! i couldn't wait lol

Tomorrow will be two weeks since my tt and i am...

Tomorrow will be two weeks since my tt and i am feeling so good today! I am going to try not to over do but that will be hard since I feel sooooo fantastic. Still sleeping on sofa because it reclines and i'm not all the way straight but close to it. I only take pain pills at night so i can rest. I'm still swollen but i measured myself and now i'm the same size as before so i know it will only get better from here.

Well it has been 6 week PO and I am back to doing...

well it has been 6 week PO and I am back to doing everything i did before. I did paint the out side of house 3 weeks after surgery and now I am painting and working on my daughters new home. I do push myself to much and swell at night. My scar looks great, I am using the Oleeva patch and I love it. Some say it cost to much but i feel like it is worth is after spend what i did for surgery. I'm still numb on most my lower ab but other than that I feel great. Rest is the most important part I think. Its great to be active but not to over do it. I cried at my last Dr visit because I love the way I look now and I get overwhelmed sometimes at my new body. I told My Dr I loved him! lol He is a very nice man. I think anyone who is thinking about this surgery should do it if they are healthy enough to do so. I will say that my blood sugars have dropped since and now i wake with them in the 120's instead of 180's. I am not eating any differently then I did before so that's just another positive for me. I didn't go into this thinking that i would look perfect and did not think my results would be so good because i had so much skin just hanging but my Dr is amazing and I am so happy and my husband is to.
Dr. Parrish

the dr is so nice and so is staff. the only thing is i got a call from the nurse about my fasting blood sugar and she was kinda short with me over phone about it. i could nto talk long so i called back and she has not returned my call.

NOT to much information. We understand. I am so happy for you. What a wonderful thing this has been for you..EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Your doing great!!!
Your results look amazing. We had our surgery the same day. I too get tired really easy. One minute I am talking and then the next I can barely keep my eyes open. I haven't ventured to drive yet. I don't trust my ability to react quickly so I don't want to endanger myself or anyone else. I have had a sitter coming to help out and haven't even thought about changing a diaper. My hubby has been sleeping on the couch with me every night and I have totally fallen in love with him all over again! Happy healing to everyone! Keep us posted with your journey.
omg so jealous! you look fantastic! glad you are getting around. it only gets easier.
your so funny! and thank you i am so very happy best money i ever spent!
Hope you feel better soon.....allthose painkillers and anethesia can really mess with you....you already look great
feel better ladi. one those pesky drains come out its a cakewalk. you look great =)
exciting! good luck you'll look amazing
Thanks! and the gown work great hits me on my upper high. worried somebody's gonna see something in the back as I lean forward lol but they will all be looking and saying "wow look how flat her tummy is" hahahaha
So close......i cant wait to see your results..my tummy is similiar...glad you gound some grandma robes. I just ordered them from sears. They are hilarious..butterflies and stuff...but i figured i can cut the inside of the pocket to hold drains....hope all co.es out well.....and heres to good drugs and fast recoveries
lol! thanks I am taking my camera so i will post as soon as i can!
sounds good.... I am scheduled on May 10 so i am starting to get nervous too....Deep breath and then you are asleep right...

Looking forward to it.
i wonder if my boobs will look bigger? ha May 10th will get here fast, good luck to you and post pictures if you can, I know how much it helped me as I followed Shorcakes journey. I don't have a laptop so I may have husband post in my voice for the first week.
no prob.. n it was polka dots or grandma flowers..n that one has pockets...lol. good luck Wednesday you are gonna look great :-)
ok ill meet ya there. =)
hey just wanted to give you a big thanks for meeting me today and giving me your grandma grown! lol your journey has really help me know what to exspect. funny, i love poka dots!
I don't work weekends n im busy @ 230 n e time before then id be happy to meet ya anywhere.. name the place n time where ur gonna shop
i will be at herb shop on G street picking up some tea for my twins at 10am if that works for you?
just so you know i didnt do the enema or the castor oil thing..i just did a clear liquid diet the day before and a soft diet two days before and drank smooth move tea..i have the button up gown i got a jc penny.its biggish but comfortable .i am more than willing to meet you n let ya have it since i will never be wearing it again..lol..i also have a full bottle of bromelian that is for bruising..which they told me to take 2 days before and 10 days after and i had no bruising at all..if ya want it let me know..
i would love that! going shopping in gp tomorrow. I can come to your work if you want. my email is lsstokes@charter.net if you don't want to post where you at?
so glad you will have help. I know my husband taking a week off was comforting to me.. And tell the doc to bull them EXTRA tight .lol Youll look fabulous. I think going in with a positive attitude helps SO MUCH with the healing.. I was the same way my husband was nervous (because he loves me) but I was just like " LETS GO" haha. Let the countdown begin!!
I think we all get the tunnel vision as our date gets closer. You'll be fine..I wish I could speed up time for you. waiting seems to be way harder for this than it does other things... so can you give us a few details? do you have help during recovery? are you getting a full TT with muscle repair or ?? are you nervous or scared at all? feel free to read our stories look at the photos and ask as many questions as you wish!!! Keep us posted!
thanks i wish you could speed up time to! yes i have help for after. i'm a foster mom with four children 8-11 and 15 month old twins. My friend and her nurse sister is staying at my house to watch the kids over night. My husband took a week of work of so he could see to the kids and me. i have another tow people coming after that during the day to care for twins as they said not to lift for a month and this is to much money not to do everything they say to. I'm have a full tt and he said i will have about 40 stitches to put my muscles back together. (hope he pulls it really tight) lol. i'm not nervous or scared just so excited to have it done. I don't like pain pills but i have no chose as i know i will not heal as fast without, just the bad dreams and foggy head stuff bugs me but another gal i am following seems ok and no pain. my dr is earl Parrish in Medford Oregon but i messed that up on my review and don't see how to change it? 13 days to go! whoo hoo!
So glad you have help and I did take the pain meds but didnt like them so he switched me to a different one they helped with out all the foggy stuff.. My tummy didnt look like it needed the repair but IT DID.. I believe it was 2 or 3 inches..the amazing thing is all the skin (from the BB down) was 15" when it was laid out flat.. you will do great. I wasent scared either just READY!! I think that in itself will go a long way to a smooth recovery!! Medford OR....Your not to far from me. I am just in Idaho Right on the Idaho/ WA border....Ok so your a LITTLE was away.. keep us posted and LET THE COUNT DOWN BEGIN!!
trust me the pain isnt that bad..they are so amazing and the long list of pills dont affect ya too much. ive already had 4 po appts n go back again in 2 weeks to see stephanie (the nurse) the whole staff is just so amazing..and yes he stiches ya up tight. i can actually feel them and my abs at the top under my rib cage :) youre almost there super exciting
good luck!