Got in Nasolabial Folds, Love It - Medellin, Colombia

I waited ages to do this (I'm 39 now and have seen...

I waited ages to do this (I'm 39 now and have seen deepening of NLFs for three years) and I'm glad I finally did. The agent used here in Colombia is Surgiderm -- it is hylauronic acid made by Allergan for sale outside the US, equivalent to Retsalyne. Medellin is cheaper than the U.S. for cosmetic procedures, which are very widespread and popular, so for Botox and Surgiderm together I paid $450, at what is probably one of the more expensive clinics in town. My folds looked much better immediately after the procedure; one side is still a little puffy while the other is perfect. There was no bruising and it was not painful. My doc used lots of ice. Also, she used only half a syringe that I will be able to keep for touch ups.

Pilar Ochoa

I think if you're an English speaker in Medellin Dr. Pilar Ochoa is your best bet. She trained in Dallas and has a nice clinic in Poblado. She is a lovely person, very patient and skilled.

Does she have a website?

Wow, thank you sooo much for posting these pictures! I have been toying with the idea of trying a filler for several months...seeing these definitely makes me want to do it. You look great & about 10 years younger!

Please keep us posted on how long it lasts for you & when you need to go for a touch-up.

Sounds like you had a really positive experience. I would love it if you would post some photos so we can see the results, if you feel comfortable sharing some. :)

Posted!