Finally a Perfect Smile, Why Did I Wait So Long? - McMurray, PA

I have lived with a huge gap in my front teeth and...

I have lived with a huge gap in my front teeth and for all the years of my life. Each picture was taken with my mouth closed. I always felt a need to overcompensate when I met knew people because my gap gave me an image that I didn't want to perceive.

I went to a new dentist at the beginning of this year and he made me feel comfortable enough to talk about my gap and advised me of my options. Braces were a long term option but it wasn't guaranteed that my gap would not come back. After fully discussing veneers we decided together it was the best option for me. He was wonderful in advising exactly how much it would cost and what I would need before and afterwards.
It took a lot longer than just two visits though. The first visit my teeth were molded and sent to the lab for a recommendation on what would be required. We both agreed 6 veneers on the top would be the adequate amount to cover the gap and look symmetrical. I then had an appt to get teeth whitening done prior to getting any grinding so my teeth would be whiter. This set me back $250. The next appt was the grinding and there was a lot more than normal required because my gap was so big. It was uncomfortable (I was numbed so not too much pain) but only lasted about 2 hours and I knew it would be worth it. I did get fitted for temps and this was easy but they felt so bulky and they fell off several times in the three weeks I waited, which incurred several more visits. I was paranoid my veneers would be the same. But I assure you once they were fitted (which was so easy) they felt so much thinner than the temps. They feel natural, now a little thicker than my normal teeth, but not bulky. My dentist is a perfectionist and took a lot of time making sure my vaneers fit well, looked perfect and I was happy. I had to go through a series of words to say (Mississippi, number counting, ext) to ensure they fit normally with no interference with my speech. Then I had to go back a few days later to remove any excess cement and review and concerns I had.

All in all its the best thing I have ever done and I am so thankful to not hide behind the gap. I would certainly say if you are contemplating it, go for it. Don't let all the negative reviews scare you, just know what is involved (time, a little pain, money and precaution thereafter).
Dr Hanna

Highly recommended, very nice and attentive, worked with my working schedule and always fit me in quickly. The staff and dr work very well together.