Tuck or No-Tuck

I recently underwent a FTT without muscle repair...

I recently underwent a FTT without muscle repair (didn't need it). Even though I did lots of research prior to surgery, I was shocked when I looked in the mirror and saw the wound, swelling and bruising around my pubic, belly and flank area. Even my lower legs and part of my butt were purple.

I had never been so sore and was in much pain. Although I must say, my pain threshold is rather low! The first thing out of my mouth was "What have I done to myself!!"

But, no worries girls, it's now been 2 weeks and although I'm not 100% back to my normal self (that would be too much to expect) I feel great, and I'm healing nicely. My recuperation is well underway and I feel better every day.

Let me give you some tips:

- Do yourself a favor and start taking Colace (stool softener) about 5 days before your surgery, I did not do this and was very constipated due to combination of anesthesia and pain killer. Believe me, it's bad enough to be in pain and swollen due to TT, you don't need the added discomfort of constipation!

- Drink loads and loads of pure water, this will get rid of the toxins from anesthesia and pain killer. Will also help with healing and speed up recovery.

- Eat whole foods, in other words avoid processed foods. Eat green leafy veggies and root- type veggies, such as rutabagas. Do a search on the Net for "Foods that help recovery after surgery".

- Purchase Arnica Montana cream and tablets from organic grocery store or online ahead of time. My doctor told me this was ok to use and take. They really work! It's used to reduce pain, swelling and bruising. Be sure to massage with cream AM and PM... You will see the difference this makes!

- Wear a tank top under your binder to avoid rash and itching.

- I've been wearing Rejuveness Silicon Gel sheet on my wound daily. Underneath I apply ointment prescribed by my doctor. I also purchased Oleeva Silon scar treatment sheets to wear once my incision is fully healed. I read good reviews and came highly recommended by another TT girl patient (I saw her on YouTube).

I think that's all I got for now. I will post before and after pix in the next few days and will continue updates. I'm posting my 2- week pix now.

So, if you really want to have a tummy tuck, then go for it, just do your research, be sure you are in good health, stop smoking if you do and have at least a couple of people close by for at least the first week post-op. You will, without question, need help in more than one way!

Hi ladies! Hope everyone's healing is going well...

Hi ladies! Hope everyone's healing is going well.

I'm nearly 5 weeks PO. The area around my BB was very hard and part of my flank area still sore so I had a lymphatic massage today and I can already see the benefits, swelling is down and tummy isn't as hard. I hardly recommend it! If you live in the DC area, I'm happy to send you contact info on my massage therapist, she was great!

My incision still has a few small stubborn areas that need healing but overall is doing well.

I purchased my first pair of hipster jeans yesterday, I was,so excited! I can't wait to wear it!
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Rad is one of a few doctors in the world that uses a particular technique for reconstructive breast surgery on women who have had a mastectomy. He is so highly skilled in plastic surgery that choosing him was an easy decision. In addition, he was not only a fellow plastic surgeon at Johns Hopkins Hospital but he's also worked as Assistant Professor there. And if you know anything about this hospital, you'd know that it is well known for having the very best doctors and is one of the top medical schools in the country. Dr. Rad is also a very nice person, he is friendly and easy to talk to.

looking good xx
Thanks so much! Your pix look good too, you have any updated pix you can post? You know, before and after pix.
Thank you for your review!!.. I had TT 1/31 and am making my new list for 2nd phase items I'll need!
Hi NewMe... I'm thinking about getting another CG, this time a good old spanx. I heard good things about it. Do you gave one? I'm also going to start lymphatic massages, I read a few postings on this site on how much it improves swelling. How are coming along?
Hi WinnieO, Still in the cg from the clinic for another week then onto SPANX. I have one from a few years ago that I hope works... this recovery process sure is long and involved ...
Thinking about lymphatic drainage... I'm going back to work Monday so before might be helpful :D
I made an appt with massage therapist on Monday, I'll put update on how it goes. I'm looking forward to it! Best wishes to you at work!
Thanks!! .. I've been taking notes on types of Spanx.. Someone mentioned Cupid Extra Firm Shapers from Walmart... I'm Going to check it out!
Let me know how you like it. Got a couple of Cupid Extra Firm Shapers a couple of days ago and didn't like the way they felt. Maybe I got the wrong kind. I'm going to try the actual Spanx next, let's hope I'm happier. For now I'm wearing Marena CG low waist during the day and my good old binder I woke up with after surgery in the eves and to sleep.
YEAH I'M NOT HAVING MUSCLE REPAIR EITHER ... DID HE LIPPO YOU ? HAPPY HEALING : )
Thank you :-) Yes, got lipo on flank area. This has been the most sore area but has improved some. I've decided I will go to lymphatic massage once my PS says it's ok. Hopefully in another week or so, once I'm at 4 weeks PO. Same to you!
I have come up with a list...feel free to add anything. I am taking notes from everyone! My surgery is February 15th. I am excited and scared at the same time! My list: Stool softener Extra strength Tylenol Palmers vitamin E skin therapy oil Arnica Gauze pads Granny panties Magazines Help Egg crate Wedge pillow Knee wedge Snack table Water bottles Extra pillows I'm going to have my cleaning lady here the day before I will be making a few meals to freeze Get extra cash on hand, you never know if someone picks something up for you. Do all laundry, get my husband's stuff back from the dry cleaner Fill prescriptions Have my book handy New batteries in my TV remote! A pad of paper and pen Journal Loose sweat pants Heating pad Thick socks Tissues by my bed Trash can by my bed Doctor's phone number handy My personal prep Leg wax Pedicure Manicure Eyebrow wax Hair color appointment, already done! I'm ordering an extra garment to have on hand. Did I miss anything?