Re-augmentation After Asymmetry - Saline to Silicon an LOVING the Results

I had significant asymmetry after getting high...

I had significant asymmetry after getting high profile Mentor implants in 2009. I chose a new surgeon and silicon implants - 435 ccs - for the revision which I had on February 26, 2014. I am thrilled with the results!! I am 5'7 and 123 lbs...the 435 ccs bring me up to a 34D or DD. I LOVE the feel of the silicon versus the saline, and the moderate profile gives me much better cleavage, too.

Second surgery revealed problems with first surgery

A revelation occurred when I had my second breast augmentation. AS mentioned above, I had significant asymmetry after the first surgery, which was evident at each of my post operative visits. Dr. Gregory Mantooth stated at every visit, even the early visits, that I had Capsular Contracture, and there was little that could be done to make the left breast match the right. He stated that it would require surgery on both, which after recovering for several months I was not prepared for.

My second surgery earlier this year was to correct the issue, as well as move to silicon implants. What the second surgeon found was astonishing to all who were present - Dr. Mantooth had placed 250CC implants when we agreed to 325CC implants. The left implant was overfilled to 360CCs - above the manufacturer's recommendation - which also voided my warranty. The right implant was UNDERFILLED - to 200 CCs.

I was extremely upset and have contacted a law firm for representation. Malpractice is not applicable for cosmetic surgery, however, I do have a strong case for fraud against Dr. Mantooth. A picture is worth a thousand words - see photo of the implants that were removed. I definitely would steer clear of Dr. Mantooth. I have sent documentation of wha$13500 was spent to correct his error - and I went through years of embarrassment AND pain.

Post op 3 months

34DD after settling and fluffing. I'm very happy, looking quite curvy with a regular bra and great cleavage and roundness with a push-up bra. Back to full on workouts including boxing, push-ups and weightlifting!

6 months post op

I have had a great post op experience! Definitely had some fluffing even at 4-5 months. I'm thrilled with my DDs and while at first wished I went larger, I love the final product. I can wear a business suit and not walk into a boardroom with all attention on my boobs rather than my business! But still like my look in a bikini or tank top. And a push up bra changes the look a lot! Here are a few quick pics before we head to the lake.

More pics after re augmentation, 6 months

Happy with my results...
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Ferrari has a very good reputation in the Charlotte area. He came highly recommended from two friends one a nurse who worked for him previously. Dr. Ferrari was very candid with me and I liked that! He is courteous and has the most wonderful staff of nurses. I love that the procedure was performed in the surgical suite at his practice so I did not have to go into the hospital. I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Ferrari and his team!

Hi , thanks for sharing your story , you look great, I was wondering besides your first set being saline , and not even in both sides , what did you think about high profile vs moderate ? Not sure if you can really answer but any little info is helpful
For me, I am 5 foot six and the high-profile did not fit my frame very well. They looked like tennis balls on me, and I have a small rib cage of 28 inches. The difference between saline and silicone is tremendous. The silicone looks much more natural and feels much more comfortable. I think if you are a very petite person, the high-profile allows you to go larger and can sometimes look nice. The moderate profile however gives me more cleavage because they are wider and closer together. I am so much happier with the results!!! Best of luck to you!
Oh wow! Thanks for reminding me ... so many questions and thought going through my head it's hard to keep up lol. Another reason for me to go with Mod+ is in hopes to narrow the gap for more cleavage!!!! Thank you!
Is that your measurement under the breast ?
Hey Malita211, I just Measured my chest under breast is 28" too and My Doc wants Hi- profile for me but I don't think I'll get the look I want. Because right now I have an implant from bout 12 yrs ago so I don't kno what kind or what diameter but it seems too narrow, I have not much side boob and no upper fullness so I think I need a bigger diameter, but don't they make hi- profile in bigger diameters ? I'm not sure bout all the projection in a Hi- profile, I rather have fullness all around and some projection but not serious projection ! My surgeon is making all the decisions and I'm kina nervous , don't I have a say ?
Well,,,, my first surgery the doctor insisted that the mod profiles would not fit my rib cage, but as I researched I saw so many smaller, petite girls with mod profiles and the look was more what I was what I wanted. I wonder if the high profiles are easier for the surgeon to place...I never had side boob before with the high profile and the gap between them was weird looking...like tennis balls for real. I talked with 3 surgeons for my re-augmentation and highly recommend that you talk to several doctors. It's time consuming but you want to be thrilled with your investment and results!!! Yes 28 in under the boobs...good luck to you!
Blutee if you go on the Mentor website under the surgeons tab it'll give you the size charts that PS use. So it tells them what range of sizes will fit your dimensions. http://www.mentorwwllc.com/global-us/Breast.aspx Keep in mind that each manufacturer has different measurements and saline and silicone vary drastically. Also placement will change the ccs as well as type. From my understanding and the way my PS showed me was you choose the "look" you are hoping for. Mine was awesome and showed me pics of different looks. Ones that were very rounded in the upper pole and ones that were not and then chooses the profile. I wanted something in between. I want slight roundness in the upper pole so that I'll have cleavage without having to wear a push up so she chose Mod+ for me and said that because the diameter is slightly bigger my breasts would be closer together. I think it's really important to be honest in what you are looking for and show examples. I showed her pictures of what I did NOT want to look like as well. Take a look at their work; if they are mostly doing "fake" looking boobs then that's probably what the PS prefers personally. Whereas if most the pics look natural .... Keep in mind though some girls want that "I got my boobs done" look and others don't so don't be too worried if there are a few that look fake. Yes you should have a say. It sounds to me like you need to keep looking. It doesn't seem like you are 100% sure on this PS. You are not only hiring this person to perform a major surgery to achieve the results YOU want; but you are also putting your life in his/her hands as well. You need to be 100% sure and comfortable. As a final note; if you have a very small ribcage then it is possible that HP are the only ones that fit. I don't remember my PS measuring under my boobs; I'm quite sure she didn't. She measured from the center of my chest to the edge of my boob on each side ie: 14 left; 14 right, then measured from my collar bone to each nipple, and from the center of my nipple to my crease. I don't remember the collar bone measurements for me but I do remember nip to crease was 7.5cm left; 8.0cm right (I have slight asymmetry due to a biopsy when I was 17 yrs. old. ... or it's possible I was just born that way and didn't realize it until afterwards .5 cm is not that noticeable. I would agree with Malita in that you should speak to several other PS and go with the one who you are confident is listening to what you have to say and will do their absolute best to achieve the best results possible. Being Board Certified is also crucial but that doesn't necessarily mean that you are both envisioning the same results. From the sound of it; it doesn't seem like you feel as though your PS is listening to you. In the end this is why it's crucial to take your time and find the RIGHT PS. I know it's hard. I took 2 days off and lost significant income because of it; but it's worth it to me to speak with several before choosing ... at least 3 and up to 5. I would say more than 5 would just be too confusing. At some point you are going to have to trust in your decision and trust the PS. It's really tough for me to give up that kind of control; but at the same time I didn't go to school for over a decade; nor have a performed a variety of BA using different types of implants on a wide variety of women.
But then again I'm just a patient not a PS so I wouldn't expect to understand everything , I like that my PS has many years experience , I'm asking questions but really you gotta pick a PS u can trust, it's not as easy as it sounds and that's not to discredit anyone , just cuz of previous let downs
Maybee you felt that way cuz the diameter was too narrow for you,
Swfl mom, hey thanks !
Swflmom, Thank you so much for taking time to write me all this important information ! It's extremely helpful. It's pretty scary putting your life in a PS hands. I'm very nervous .
Thank you for sharing your story. I didn't look up the "botched" doctor; was he a board certified plastic surgeon? I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of that .. I couldn't even imagine! Your 2nd time around looks amazing =)
Yes I was very happy with Victor Ferrari in Matthews. He did exactly what I was hoping and I was please from start to finish. His surgeries are performed in the surgical suite and his office, and his staff including the anesthesiologist are incredible.
Yes Dr. Mantooth was a board-certified plastic surgeon. After further research I realize that several other ladies were displeased with the results too. My revision was done in the Charlotte area also by a board-certified plastic surgeon named Victor Ferrari. I was very pleased with all of his recommendations and he gave me the look that I was hoping for. His surgeries are done and an in office surgical suite. The anesthesiologist there works only for him so she is very comfortable with cosmetic surgery. I highly recommend the practice.
Hey Girls , I been reading excellent results from Dr. Ferrari on many reviews ! He sounds really good ! Glad you found a good Doc
Love your results.
You are looking great! Thanks for the update!
Good luck to you Lovecake..did you decide on a doctor? I have a friend who is having her surgery 5/30 with Dr. Ferarri also...
I am using Dr. Ferrari. =) Is your friend on RS?
I actually have consults with both of these doctors next week, so thank you so much for sharing!
You are doing the right thing to interview several doctors. I made a rather impulsive decision the first time, because Piedmont Plastuc Surgery/dr.Mantooth offered a discount during springtime. That ended up costing me in the long run. Let's know if you have any questions. I think your instincts will guide your decision..good luck!
Yes, they are currently offering a spring time discount. I looked at their before and after pics and I was a little weary. A lot of them looked botched, and that should be a display of their best work. Dr. Ferrari is my first consult visit on the list, and from the reviews, he might be my last.
Hello! I am considering this doctor for similar procedure. I'm curious to hear how your results are continuing to turn out. Thank you!
I am very happy! My size is what I wanted and I also better cleavage. They are very symmetrical and my recovery was as expected. Dr. Ferrari did a great job all around and lived up to the recommendations I received.
Congratulations on your revision. You look fantastic! Your before and after photos are significantly different. Glad you found a great surgeon who could address all your concerns. Enjoy your new look!