Re-augmentation After Asymmetry - Saline to Silicon an LOVING the Results

I had significant asymmetry after getting high...

I had significant asymmetry after getting high profile Mentor implants in 2009. I chose a new surgeon and silicon implants - 435 ccs - for the revision which I had on February 26, 2014. I am thrilled with the results!! I am 5'7 and 123 lbs...the 435 ccs bring me up to a 34D or DD. I LOVE the feel of the silicon versus the saline, and the moderate profile gives me much better cleavage, too.
Congratulations on your revision. You look fantastic! Your before and after photos are significantly different. Glad you found a great surgeon who could address all your concerns. Enjoy your new look!

Second surgery revealed problems with first surgery

A revelation occurred when I had my second breast augmentation. AS mentioned above, I had significant asymmetry after the first surgery, which was evident at each of my post operative visits. Dr. Gregory Mantooth stated at every visit, even the early visits, that I had Capsular Contracture, and there was little that could be done to make the left breast match the right. He stated that it would require surgery on both, which after recovering for several months I was not prepared for.

My second surgery earlier this year was to correct the issue, as well as move to silicon implants. What the second surgeon found was astonishing to all who were present - Dr. Mantooth had placed 250CC implants when we agreed to 325CC implants. The left implant was overfilled to 360CCs - above the manufacturer's recommendation - which also voided my warranty. The right implant was UNDERFILLED - to 200 CCs.

I was extremely upset and have contacted a law firm for representation. Malpractice is not applicable for cosmetic surgery, however, I do have a strong case for fraud against Dr. Mantooth. A picture is worth a thousand words - see photo of the implants that were removed. I definitely would steer clear of Dr. Mantooth. I have sent documentation of wha$13500 was spent to correct his error - and I went through years of embarrassment AND pain.

I actually have consults with both of these doctors next week, so thank you so much for sharing!
You are doing the right thing to interview several doctors. I made a rather impulsive decision the first time, because Piedmont Plastuc Surgery/dr.Mantooth offered a discount during springtime. That ended up costing me in the long run. Let's know if you have any questions. I think your instincts will guide your decision..good luck!
Yes, they are currently offering a spring time discount. I looked at their before and after pics and I was a little weary. A lot of them looked botched, and that should be a display of their best work. Dr. Ferrari is my first consult visit on the list, and from the reviews, he might be my last.

Post op 3 months

34DD after settling and fluffing. I'm very happy, looking quite curvy with a regular bra and great cleavage and roundness with a push-up bra. Back to full on workouts including boxing, push-ups and weightlifting!
Hi , thanks for sharing your story , you look great, I was wondering besides your first set being saline , and not even in both sides , what did you think about high profile vs moderate ? Not sure if you can really answer but any little info is helpful
For me, I am 5 foot six and the high-profile did not fit my frame very well. They looked like tennis balls on me, and I have a small rib cage of 28 inches. The difference between saline and silicone is tremendous. The silicone looks much more natural and feels much more comfortable. I think if you are a very petite person, the high-profile allows you to go larger and can sometimes look nice. The moderate profile however gives me more cleavage because they are wider and closer together. I am so much happier with the results!!! Best of luck to you!
Oh wow! Thanks for reminding me ... so many questions and thought going through my head it's hard to keep up lol. Another reason for me to go with Mod+ is in hopes to narrow the gap for more cleavage!!!! Thank you!

6 months post op

I have had a great post op experience! Definitely had some fluffing even at 4-5 months. I'm thrilled with my DDs and while at first wished I went larger, I love the final product. I can wear a business suit and not walk into a boardroom with all attention on my boobs rather than my business! But still like my look in a bikini or tank top. And a push up bra changes the look a lot! Here are a few quick pics before we head to the lake.

More pics after re augmentation, 6 months

Happy with my results...
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Ferrari has a very good reputation in the Charlotte area. He came highly recommended from two friends one a nurse who worked for him previously. Dr. Ferrari was very candid with me and I liked that! He is courteous and has the most wonderful staff of nurses. I love that the procedure was performed in the surgical suite at his practice so I did not have to go into the hospital. I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Ferrari and his team!