Capsular contracture. Mine just popped!

Hi everyone! I wanted to share my photos...

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my photos with everyone because I loved seeing photos of woman who looked exactly like me and after their surgery they looked so much better. I absolutely hate the way I look now. I have for almost 5 years. I even cry over it. I have only 2 days until my mommy makeover and I can't wait. I am 5'6" and right now 152lbs. I gained 50lbs when I got pregnant and lost all of it plus 10lbs after without even trying. Then I was left with this horrifying body. I never thought I would look like this after I had my child. He was 9lbs 11.9oz when he was born and that was taking him out 6 days early. I had a very athletic build before. I just can't wait to wear a bikini again. So he are my pics for you all to see and after my surgery I will post more. I have never taken pictures of myself like this ever before to show off and would never, but now that I know it will all be gone soon and I will never have to look like this again it's much easier to.

Thursday, December 15th the day of my surgery. I...

Thursday, December 15th the day of my surgery. I weighed in at 149lbs at 5'6". So I was pretty happy with that. Lost 7lbs in 2 weeks. I wasn't nervous at all. Just excited and couldn't wait to never have to look at my 80 year old looking body again! Both surgeries took a total of about 4.5 hours. My ps worked hard on my belly. He really wanted to make sure he got all of the excess skin he could get and the skin that had the stretch marks. He even pieced back together my tatoo on my right hip that I knew was going to be cut in half. So it actually looks pretty good and I don't even have to worry about getting it fixed right away if ever. I was very swollen the first week and had 4 drains total in my pubic area instead of them coming out of my tt incision b/c my ps wanted my incision to heal properly. It was very uncomfortable with them there and I pretty much wore no pants or undies while they were in. I had 2 drains removed on the 19th 4 days after surgery and the other 2 removed 2 days later. What a releif when they were out. I started feeling much better and more free once they were gone. Everyday got easier. My breast implants were a breeze. What an easy surgery and recovery that was for me. I got a 350cc implant over the muscle with the incision under my breast, which I'm very happy with. The implant in front of the muscle I think is an easier recovery rather than behind and they look and feel very real, which was very important to me. I didn't want any visible scars so the incision under the breast was prefect. I just had all of my stitches out today (12/29) except for 4 little ones around my belly button. So under my breasts and belly button and my tt is the disolving ones of course. I can stand up so much better now. Walking bent over was hard on my back and surprisingly was very tiring. So I don't look like a little old lady when walking anymore. In 10 days from today (12/29) I go back to get my last 4 little stitches from my belly button out. Yeah! I have already tried on my bikinis cause I couldn't wait anymore and I was very surprised to like the way I looked in them already. I'm not even completley healed yet so if I like the way I look now I'm sure I'm going to love it by the summer. Up until today I've been soaking in a tub (once my drains were removed) in epson salt to help heal my incisions. So my ps said I don't have to do that anymore. He said that I healed as good as I did already b/c of the epson salt. My husband has still been scared to really get close to me cause he's affraid of hurting me, but he's getting better. : ) I've been massaging my breasts like my ps said to do and now today he said that I need to start doing the same with my tt incision which feels weird. I'm starting to get a lot more feeling back on my belly and I noticed today that when I massage it I can still see a little fluid move around down there. Looks weird. So I still am def. swollen and I will thin out more over time. So 10 days from now I will have out all my stitches and I will be posting more photos over time. So keep a look out. For those of you reading this b/c you are researching b/c you want the surgery like I was. Go do it!! You deserve it! I am one of the most frugal people out there and I did it. I waited 4.5 years to do this so I spent 4.5 years miserable with my body. So again go do it!! I am so glad I did. It's amazing!!

I absolutely hated the way I looked. I had for...

I absolutely hated the way I looked. I had for almost 5 years. I gained 50lbs when I got pregnant and lost all of it plus 10 lbs after without even trying. Then I was left with this horrifying body. I never thought I would look like this after I had my child. He was 9lbs 11.9oz when he was born and that was taking him out 6 days early. I had a very athletic build before. My ps worked hard on my belly. He really wanted to make sure he got all of the excess skin he could get and the skin that had the stretch marks. He even pieced back together my tattoo on my right hip that I knew was going to be cut in half. So it actually looks pretty good and I don't even have to worry about getting it fixed right away if ever.

So it's been over a year now and I seem to have...

So it's been over a year now and I seem to have capsular contracture in my left breast. Very disappointing! This is the thing with implants they are expensive and you never know when something is going to happen to them and you need another surgery and another and another. They can definitely cost you a lot in a life time. At this point I would of been better leaving them the way they were or just getting a lift. This is what happens when you put something foreign in your body that is not suppose to be there.

So today I have been stressing about my left...

So today I have been stressing about my left breast because I just recently noticed how it was becoming much harder than my other one. I noticed this because the other day my husband and I were messing around and he had my on his back with my chest pressed again his back. He lifted me off my feet with my chest pressing on his back. I heard a pop! I freaked out and said you broke my implant. I started to really check myself. I then noticed on side was softer than the other. After doing my research I realized that my soft side was normal not a broke implant and my harder side was turning into capsule contracture. I started looking at old pictures of myself and noticed a big change in my breasts. They were beginning to look harder and more up high, more my left side than my right. In the beginning my breasts looked so natural when I got them done. You couldn't even tell I hard surgery. They still had he natural drop to them that I wanted. I didn't want fake looking breasts I just wanted them to be filled back out due to breastfeeding. So in doing research I read you can do some massaging or surgery. I read up a lot on the capsular contracture to really see what it was and what it looked like. I saw a surgeon take one and had to cut it with a knife to pull out an implant from inside it. So I learned that they were extremely hard to break once formed. I started thinking maybe I could fix it myself. I really didn't want surgery and wasn't going to get it again. So I read up on some other women like me that had the same problems and what they did to fix them. One of them said how they had a grade IV capsular contracture so they started to roll on them everyday with a foam roller. From the top of the chest to the bottom everyday. After a few months when she went to her Dr. he said she was now at a Grade II. So I knew there was hope if I worked on them. I knew that my capsular contracture was newer. It just started to happen over that last few months. So I sat down on my couch after reading about the foam roller. I put my chest to my couches arm because it was round and soft. When I laid on my chest one breast was much softer than the other and the other was hard. So I sat up and felt my right breast. I squeezed it very hard and it was easy to. I then grabbed my left breast and did the same and I could not fully squeeze it like my other one. It felt like a hard water balloon. So I took both of my hands and put them into fists determined to break the capsular contracture. I started to push my fists together with the hard water balloon feeling implant/capsular contracture. I pushed and squeezed as hard was I could not stopping until I heard a pop. Like a water balloon popping. I was stunned! I couldn't believe I did it. Something so many women had surgery for I fixed myself. I then realized when I heard a pop in my right breast from my chest being on my husbands back that I must of had a low grade of capsular contracture in that one too. That's what the pop was. So thank god to my husband for horse playing with me when he did. Otherwise I would never of know what was happening to my breasts and they could of got to the point of needing surgery. Everything does happen for a reason. Thank you god! Once I heard my left breast pop it felt so much better. It is actually almost just as soft as the right one. Almost identical now. I am assuming that the capsular contractor is still around my implant and I just broke it so I am going to keep up my massaging and really moving my implants all around to keep the hardness from forming again. I hope this can help other women out there. Catching it early is the key. I think that's why I was able to break mine. So if your implant is hard put it between your fists and squeeze the crap out of it till you hear the pop. Don't get nervous. It's just the capsular contracture bursting.
Boston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Brooke Seckel was amazing! I waited a long time for this surgery so when it came time I wanted to pick the absolute best doctor I could find and get the best results possible. With Dr. Seckel I did just that! I know that no other PS could of done better. He was amazing and really took his time with my surgery and it shows. It changed my life! I am sooo much more happier everyday and I no longer have to feel embarassed of my body. All I wanted was to feel normal again and he did much more than that. I actually feel beautiful. He exceeded my expectations and I am truley grateful!!!!Updated on 27 Feb 2012:Dr. Brooke Seckel was amazing! I waited a long time for this surgery so when it came time I wanted to pick the absolute best doctor I could find and get the best results possible. With Dr. Seckel I did just that! I know that no other PS could of done better. He was amazing and really took his time with my surgery and it shows. It changed my life! I am sooo much more happier everyday and I no longer have to feel embarassed of my body. All I wanted was to feel normal again and he did much more than that. I actually feel beautiful. He exceeded my expectations and I am truley grateful!!!!

oh wow thank you so much for this info..i had no idea what this was and it could even happen with implants..Did you get the cohesive gel ones? I am consider this doc for my surgery but i'm so scared of things going wrong :( this is so helpful tough thank you for sharing ;)
I have silicone implants. When ever you are having surgery or putting something in your body that's not suppose to be there things can go wrong. My body is actually doing what it is suppose to. When something is in there that shouldn't be your body forms a capsule around it to protect your body. Everyone with implants gets this, but at different levels. You want to keep yours at a stage 1. That's why when you see a lot of girls with implants they look fake or hard. Your doctor can tell you how to help keep this from happening.
I'm sorry about your implants. I've read that over the muscle implants have a much higher rate or CC.
Luckily if you read my last post you will see how I actually just popped my capsular contracture! Now I just need to keep up with them and see what my doctor says on Monday.
So happy you popped your CC, what did your PS say? Did you get saline or silicone?
He said that I did good, but that he is the doctor and I should be letting him treat me. I am now taking motrin for a week 3 times a day and will be seeing him in 6 weeks for a follow up. I have silicone.
Best to you, and keep me posted how things go!!
Thank you! I will. So far so good.

Drats!! I'm sorry about your CC. Any idea what you're going to do? I don't know if you're at this point, but we have a fabulously supportive implant removal community here.

I will see my doctor on Monday and let you know what he tells me.
Hey Mama monkey! You look great!! I go the 29th for TT and BA...not far from you! Your tummy looks so nice and flat! You must be so psyched! I am so excited, just keep looking at pictures. I am so afraid of it not coming out like I want it to!! I am sure it will be fine! Thanks for sharing your pics!
Definately go and see another PS. I would see a couple more. If all you want is a TT and BA I would make sure you let the PS know that's all you want for now b/c you can get both of those done at the same time. Then once those are done YOU can decide if you are happy with they way you look. Yes we could all have more work done to us, but you just want to get done the things that are bothering you. So you can be happy with yourself. Good luck with your other consultations! Let me know how they go.
So, I went for a consultation yesterday with a PS that I heard a lot of good things about. It went ok...I didnt like the fact that he wanted to do a lot more than what I wanted. Instead of just a TT he wanted to go all the way around! So, I would have a butt lift and everything! I was terrified, and sad because I was thinking "Do I really look that bad?" And, he also said he wouldn't do the TT and BA at the same time so I would have to have 2 separate surgeries which I would not want. I have another consultation on Tuesday with a doctor who I know has done great work on 2 people who had TT and BA done at the same time. Hopefully this next one goes better!
Awesome! I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see your results. And it's not really a whole week of pain. It's not all that bad. Just the first couple of days. Every day gets so much easier and every day you just keep looking better and better. The surgery was a piece of cake, but I had an awesome doctor with 38 years experience and not one but two board certified PS working on me. Good luck! And take your time picking your PS and trust me when I say this don't even look at the price. That's not important when it comes to this type of procedure. Your health and safety is and you want it to come out perfect the first time.
You are totally right! I dont want to keep waiting, and waiting be unhappy all this time! I have a consultation today so I am pretty excited! A week worth a pain is so worth having my self confidence back and feeling good about myself again! I just want to get it done and over with and have it behind me so I can finally start living my life again! Thanks so much for your help!
Wow! You look really good! We have very similar body type...I am 5'7 and 152lbs. I have my first consultation on Tuesday and am so excited and nervous/terrified. I hate my body and I really wanna have a TT and BA but am scared I wont be able to handle the pain!
Thank you! All I can say is go for it! The BA was actually really easy. That was painless for me. The TT really wasn't bad either. It's just that you are really tight and you have to stay bent for a little while until you heal. Just the important thing is to find a really really good PS. Make sure you do your research first. As long as you have a great PS you will be fine. What would you rather have a little pain for a week and then be happy with your body for the rest of your life or to have to look at your own body and hate it every day for the rest of your life??? That was an easy decision for me and let me tell you it was all worth and if I had the choice now to have it done or not I would do it all over again. I now finally look the way I feel again. Maybe if you wait a couple more years and hate your body even more then you won't be nervous at all about the pain. I wasn't. I was just so discusted with my body I was going to do whatever it took to fix it. I wanted this surgery done years ago and didn't do it. I was nervous back then and didn't want to spend the money but as the years went on I actually hated my body more and more and it was actually depressing me. Don't let it get to that point like I did. Think about how nice it would be to be able to wear a bikini again and actually like the way you look. : ) Hope I helped.
You look WONDERFUL mama! I am so very happy for you. Yay for you, and BRING ON THOSE 2 PIECES! :D
lol...thanks so much! I feel so much better now. And yes bikinis. I can now love bikinis again. Should be all set by summer. : )
I meant to say have my young belly back LOL.
Wow I love you belly! It came out perfect. You must be so happy now. Can't wait for bikini season now right! Finally!!
I feel the same way. Love the boobs but so glad to have my young belly hack!
Thanks!! I do love them. I love my belly the most though. That is what bothered me the most.