Board Certified ENT, So Why is He Doing Plastic Surgery? - Marshfield, MA

I had a Lifestyle Lift with Dr. Ishoo in Waltham,...

I had a Lifestyle Lift with Dr. Ishoo in Waltham, MA in Dec of 2007.  As per the LSL “script”, this Dr. was most comforting and assuring prior to my “revolutionary procedure.”  He called me when I wanted to cancel my surgery with concerns that he was not Board Certified to do facelifts, and assured me that he had more experience in his ENT internship than plastic surgeons.

He then assured me that the “cocktail” he would give me would make me sleep and that I wouldn’t feel anything.  He told me he would make “two small incisions in front of my ears”, etc..NONE OF WHICH WAS TRUE.

Fact is, he didn’t seem concerned that I WAS AWAKE, sobbing and in pain throughout the first hour and 15 mins of my procedure.  In fact, he seemed very aggravated by my crying and saying that I was in pain and that I was still awake when he said I would be asleep.  I NEVER SAW HIM AT MY FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT.  There was an inexperienced tech.

Dear Hubler: This is clearly not from a patient or anyone who actually knows the practice. No one including myself ever lies to any patients. I have 8 employees on staff, 3 nurses with advanced degrees, one nurse who shadows me, one surgical tech and 3 advanced estheticians. I would love to know the specifics of what you are talking about so that it may be helpful and constructive.
I would NEVER recommend Dr. Ishoo to ANYONE. He lies and has a very, bad temper.No nurse
on staff in Marshfield. Just one office manager pretending to be one. Bad place, bad people. Don't do it.
randall--who are you saying "cares?"
LSL??

not the office I had my mess done in....
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

He seemed SO caring, SO knowledgeable PRIOR to my procedure, which he misrepresented to me from the outset. Little did I know at the time, that he made money for each surgery he performed. When I wanted to cancel, he called me immediately and was so kind and reassuring, however, when I was kicking my feet and in pain, his personality certainly took a different tone. Yes, I filed a lengthty complaint against him with the medical board, and he answered a lengthy reply which was full of excuses and lies. I didn’t have the energy to fight him, since he is a Dr. with many resources. I am tormented to know that he now has his own COSMETIC SURGERY company and have heard from other women on how his bedside manner post PAYING FOR SURGERY is quite different than prior. That was MY EXPERIENCE and this is MY OPINION ON HIM based on the facts as I experienced it!!