Board Certified ENT, So Why is He Doing Plastic Surgery? - Marshfield, MA

I had a Lifestyle Lift with Dr. Ishoo in Waltham,...

I had a Lifestyle Lift with Dr. Ishoo in Waltham, MA in Dec of 2007.  As per the LSL “script”, this Dr. was most comforting and assuring prior to my “revolutionary procedure.”  He called me when I wanted to cancel my surgery with concerns that he was not Board Certified to do facelifts, and assured me that he had more experience in his ENT internship than plastic surgeons.

He then assured me that the “cocktail” he would give me would make me sleep and that I wouldn’t feel anything.  He told me he would make “two small incisions in front of my ears”, etc..NONE OF WHICH WAS TRUE.

Fact is, he didn’t seem concerned that I WAS AWAKE, sobbing and in pain throughout the first hour and 15 mins of my procedure.  In fact, he seemed very aggravated by my crying and saying that I was in pain and that I was still awake when he said I would be asleep.  I NEVER SAW HIM AT MY FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT.  There was an inexperienced tech.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

He seemed SO caring, SO knowledgeable PRIOR to my procedure, which he misrepresented to me from the outset. Little did I know at the time, that he made money for each surgery he performed. When I wanted to cancel, he called me immediately and was so kind and reassuring, however, when I was kicking my feet and in pain, his personality certainly took a different tone. Yes, I filed a lengthty complaint against him with the medical board, and he answered a lengthy reply which was full of excuses and lies. I didn’t have the energy to fight him, since he is a Dr. with many resources. I am tormented to know that he now has his own COSMETIC SURGERY company and have heard from other women on how his bedside manner post PAYING FOR SURGERY is quite different than prior. That was MY EXPERIENCE and this is MY OPINION ON HIM based on the facts as I experienced it!!

Dear Hubler: This is clearly not from a patient or anyone who actually knows the practice. No one including myself ever lies to any patients. I have 8 employees on staff, 3 nurses with advanced degrees, one nurse who shadows me, one surgical tech and 3 advanced estheticians. I would love to know the specifics of what you are talking about so that it may be helpful and constructive.
I would NEVER recommend Dr. Ishoo to ANYONE. He lies and has a very, bad temper.No nurse
on staff in Marshfield. Just one office manager pretending to be one. Bad place, bad people. Don't do it.
randall--who are you saying "cares?"
LSL??

not the office I had my mess done in....
Of course the care. They care about qualifications, training, and even where the doctor's office is located. A well known Plastic Surgeon in New York City, who is always listed in Castle Connolly, told me that every facelift in NYC is fought over, tooth and nail. There are too many other specialists who are trying to cash in on a lucrative medical field.
McKen58, I am so sorry that you too have suffered the LSL "facial rejuvenation" that many others have. It is a shame that this is allowed to continue. It would seem with all the laws out there there would be someone to protect the general public from such a parasitic company. I can only say I wish you well and hope that you find someone to help you heal. Best, Chrystal Eckes
Yes, it is Dr. Ishoo who should be ashamed of himself...he caused the permanent nerve damage in my face. Thank you, Dr. P:)
I wish I could see Dr. Prendiville for a revision appointment
I am located in NJ --I have horrible scars ++++
my boyfriend who loves me said I should not even need an attorney the scarring is so obvious. My post op care was a tube of bacitracin and a bag of ice.
I uderstand my statement was misunderstood. I just stated that the information that McKen58 stated sounds like LSL and I agreeded with Dr Prendville about Kent sticking to he same story that he tells all the time. I am,Like Dr Prendville, a very big advocate Of LSL. I never thought or indicated that Dr Prendivile was involved with LSL...I stated that sounds like LSL ,to mean the story that McKen58 told sounded like LSL.
BJGawle, I do not work nor have I ever worked for LSL. Please read my posts on this subject.
Sounds like LSL....another salesmand telling you what you want to hear to get his commission...
WHAT??? Who do you mean, Who sounds like another salesman???
Edwin Ishoo...unfortunaly the comments don't always get under the correct posting..from now own I will have to state the posting that I am commenting on. He sounded like a salesman....He was very comforting and assuring before the procedure.
Dear McKen58, As you know, I am very sorry for the experience that you had with LSL. However, I want to make sure you don't throw out the baby with the bath water. As you know, I have been an advocate for you and patients like you on this website, who did not receive the "revolutionary procedure" promised. In fact, I have helped a number of former LSL patients in performing their revision. One of the reasons I became involved was because I didn't want my specialty (Facial Plastic Surgery) to be painted with the same brush as LSL; LSL is a company, and the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery has no affiliation nor does it advocate LSL or its practices in any way. As you may know, becoming a Facial Plastic Surgeon first requires residency and board certification in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, a highly competitive and highly sought after regional surgical subspecialty of the head and neck; facelifts techniques are taught and performed in Otolaryngology residencies. LSL is a company with a specific corporate structure, corporate practices, advertising, and sales techniques. Although I cannot speak to the individual skill of your Surgeon, I can say that the result and experience you received have more to do with the marketing, sales, practices, and patient care of the company that advertises a "revolutionary procedure" than the specialty of your Surgeon. LSL hires both Facial Plastic Surgeons and General Plastic Surgeons to perform procedures that they recruit with company marketing. There are complaints on this website about both Facial Plastic Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons who have performed LSL. This does not excuse your Surgeon in any way for your unhappiness, because I feel that there is a huge degree of culpability amongst Surgeons who witness practices they may or may not agree with, yet allow them to occur. I have spoken to a number of LSL Surgeons who left the company over disagreements with the way the practice of medicine was conducted. The reference to a Facial Plastic Surgeon as an "ENT" is a historical putdown by General Plastic Surgeons in a turf war that has been waged since Sir Harold Delf Gillies (a pioneer in Facial Plastic Surgery and Otolaryngologist- Head and Neck Surgeon)first picked up a scalpel. In fact a high percentage of most General Plastic Surgeons training relates to abdominal surgery, hernia repairs, hand surgery, and a very small percentage of facial surgery. From a TV or celebrity perspective, Dr. Paul Nassif, who appears on RHWOBH is, like me, a Facial Plastic Surgeon. Again, I am sorry for your experience, but please don't blame the specialty for the behaviors of the company.
I do not agree with you. Most respectable Board Certified Plastic surgeons have done residencies in PLASTIC Surgery at respectable hospitals and universities. I do not belive your Otolaryngologist claim. Mt doctor is one of the most prestigeous plastic surgeons in the world. He did an Residency in General Surgery and then an Residency in Plastic Surgery at a world class university/hospital.
My work and the work of Facial Plastic Surgeons around the country speak volumes in a positive way. This is a very old turf battle and hence the reference to Sir Harold Delf Gillies, an Otolaryngologist/ Head and Neck Surgeon from New Zealand who is the founder of modern Plastic Surgery in the WWI era. The fact is that most patients don't care about turf battles and negative commentary. The reality is that Facial Plastic Surgeons are valued for their ability and expertise in Facial Plastic Surgery. This really isn't much of an issue for those who are experienced in Facial Plastic Surgery. I have colleagues who are Plastic Surgeons, Facial Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists, and Occuloplastic Surgeons, all of whom have their strengths, and all of whom I respect. I invite you to call Allergan, Medicis, the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the American Board of Dermatology, the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery, Merz, and ask them who they recognize or who they would condemn as experts in facial aesthetics. The fact is that Lifestyle Lift has nothing officially to do with any of these Boards, companies, or organizations. Lifestyle Lift is a company that will or will not survive based on its own reputation and practices. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me via my website. Stay informed!
Dr. Prendiville has been a supporter of women who have been maimed by
LSL.
Thank you Doctor.

joanne
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Mine was an ENT "specializing in cosmetic surgery" if you can imagine. He cut nerves in my face that won't heal. Companies like this should not be able to be operating and they have probably damaged more people than they have helped. We've got to KEEP approaching the powers that be to get things changed.
Yep..permanent nerve damage on both sides of my face:(
I would contact wcvb, wbz or whdh to follow up on this.

An ENT doing a face-lift

How terrible!!!
your review saved me. so thank you. best wishes to you.
Interestingly enough, I filed a formal complaint with the FTC 2 years ago and had no reply from them, but this is a great idea!
Hammer them McKen... They might have lost your complaint.... Like Florida lost mine... so hammer them again.
I don't know what state you live in McKen but contact the Attorney General and have him contact the Attorney General in Florida and New York