Nervous but VERY Excited - Maryland

I have 4 (5full term preg) very wonderful,...

I have 4 (5full term preg) very wonderful, beautiful children, 16,14,7,5... I have been waiting 15 years for a BA, and 5 for my TT. I nursed 3 of my 4, and had an emergency c-section with my last. I have stretchmarks up past my belly button, and have some skin that hangs a little over my c-section scar, my boobs have always been small, but now they sag some too, just want to be up & a little bit bigger to fill out a shirt/dress/bathingsuit comfortably... I have been exercising and getting very frusterated, until I went to a consult and all 4 dr's said the same thing... it's not going to change :(

so... here we are and now

I am anxious every way possible, and actually wish it were sooner to get it over with.
Praying that she has a cancellation :)

My family & friends are being very supportive with the exception of my husband...Not sure I have much to say about that :)... happy it is scheduled

Surgery has been moved up YAY!!! My preop is March...

Surgery has been moved up YAY!!! My preop is March 16th & my new surgery date is Mar-ch 29th!!! My husband has been better, not the most excited but easier to 'deal' with... things are falling into place!!

Becoming extremely nervous, considering what all...

Becoming extremely nervous, considering what all could go wrong, wondering if I should really do this! Also worried about the recovery AND It's a lot of money!
And he is 'pmsing' again, not speaking to me not sleeping, which is stressing me out even more, although I TRY not to let it get to me and I def don't let him know it gets to me... but it doesn't help me & my nerves... wish he was more understanding, and willing to be my friend through all of this...

Today is my pre-op, and I am on an emotional...

Today is my pre-op, and I am on an emotional roller coaster, and apparently so is my husband, think mine is due to my husbands, cause I was fine until he called with a bunch of questions. Now I am once again 2nd guessing my decision. This is such a full range of emotion, I can't wait for it to be done!

11 days to go

11 days to go

I DID IT!!! I did it, march 2011, sorry I haven't...

I DID IT!!! I did it, march 2011, sorry I haven't posted been a little busy with trying to deal with and save my marriage! My husband was VERY VERY supportive emotionally & physically while I was down recovering. Once I recovered and was able to do things on my own he quickly changed to a very unhappy, angry, man. He didn't like me, didn't like the way I looked, my boobs were too big, the scare was from hip to hip... he didn't want to see me in a bathing suit, he didn't want other men to see me in a bathing suit! It was INSANE!! in this very long dramatic year, he was diagnosed with diabetes & depression. Low & behold it was my fault!!! I caused his depression, I created his diabetes... funny how that works!! Anyway, things are slowly getting better. I have to say that at first I agreed the boobs seemed way too big, but since everything has dropped and relaxed, yes they are a little bigger than I asked for, I am getting used to the way I look and am mostly happy with the results. It is not so dramatic though... as my family can't tell I had anything done!!! Maybe in a bathing suit they will be able to tell, but not fully clothed. I don't look dramatically different as he likes to think/say!
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

I liked Dr. Markmann and staff, Trish is the best!! However they neglect to tell you up front that you will have MANY follow ups, which isn't a problem normally except I am more than an hour away, it would of been nice to know that up front, as well as the additional costs, although optional, very helpful, such as the silicone for the scars, or the nipple covers for sensitivity. Overall, I do feel like my boobs are bigger than what I was asking for due to the type of lift we discussed, I would of opted for a full lift and had the scars for the smaller boobs... but what is done is done. Not like I have another 6K to have them changed!! :/ Overall I would def recommend Dr. Markmann, as long as you know what questions to ask, how often you will be going back, and make sure you are ok with having bigger boobs than requested.

Hey Do you have any pics to post? Going to Dr M in December and any photos for encouragement would be very appreciated!!
WhoaNani, it has been a little over 2 years, but yes I will send you photos... if you could give me a couple days! I am very happy with the results, although a bit bigger than I had wanted, but I think Dr. M was great!
Would you mind sharing your photos? I too have been to Dr. Markmann and it would be nice to see some fresh work that he has done to help me to decide on whether he is the dr. for me. Thanks and I pray all works out for you in your marriage.
I am sorry I didn't post/respond, I never got notification of this comment... SORRY!! did you do it, did you like him? How did it go?!
Hi - I have a consultation scheduled for May 27th with Dr. Markmann. Just wondering if you can tell me anything about him or your experiences that you have had with his office. thanks!
Did you get your surgery yet? How did it go? Hope you are doing well.

My husband is not too thrilled about the $ & also he works 14 hour days & cannot take off, so after day 3, I am on my own with 2 kids ages 9 & 11. I did not want to tell many people, so now I may have to tell my mother in law, who will have to be on call to help out day 4 & 5. I will do that because I do not want to put my kids at risk if I am recovering & asleep & on pain meds. I also have to realize that I have to take help so I can heal.

He realizes it is important to me, I have been complaining about it for 3 years now. He finally said - "Just do it or I will never hear the end of it", but I am so jealous of the ladies who's husbands are taking a week or two off to help. He will help, but I know it will be stressful.

Hope all is well. I almost feel like lack of support is worse than the whole surgery thing. I also think guys are insecure & afraid of us becoming hot babes & leaving them. I am doing this for myself & only myself. The scar will heal. The scar is much more attractive then the wrinkly saggy granny skin!
Hey Madison5269, my husband did not take off of work, and my kids were 5,7,14. 16, the kids helped as much as they could too, I didn't tell a whole lot of people, but my closest friends, the one drove me & my youngest to preschool, cause I couldn't drive, the only negative thing I ever heard was from my husband, but he wasn't supportive until he realized I was doing it with or with out him! so he wanted to have control so he choose to be involved, guessing it made him feel like he was calling all the shots.. whatever works for him I guess. I am a very head strong person, so I don't feel I NEED him or his support, of course its nice to have, but his lack of support would of just cause resentment... I haven't changed, maybe a little more confident, but I am a very modest person and THAT did NOT change, so although I feel better about my body, I don't feel different just more like my body matches my personality! if that makes sense!
OK, we have made improvements, he is speaking to me and we are back to 'normal', at least until the topic comes up again,or MAYBE, he has just come to the realization/conclusion I am just going to do it regardless of his pouting... Thanks ladies for the support, and I am still very excited!! can't wait!!
still hoping for a cancellation :)
Thats to bad about your husband, you have, all of our support! Taking control of your body is very important and if exercise doesn't fix what you want what else can you do other than this, he should understand that, you had his babies! (I mean, I think you had his babies:) ) Good luck and keep us updated! Cat
LOL thanks cittycat... yes his babies... :)
however that is more a reason, in his mind anyway to stay the way I am... however I have wanted BA way before I ever met him, the TT was due to our youngest with the EMER C-section...
whatever, I have come to the conclusion that this is FOR ME... and his 'anger' stems from his fear of what is going to be later... he has heard way too many horror stories that woman leave after surgery... he doesn't get it... it's gonna be all good, and yes I have had MANY friends offer to drive me, come take care of my kids, family is around... and this website which is awesome.
Thanks again & I will

I'm sorry your husband isn't being supportive. Remind him that he'll benefit from the results, too. Please keep us posted on your journey. Not much longer now!

Thanks Angiemcc, he is afraid he won't be 'happy' with the results because he doesn't see a need and loves me the way I am... yadayada.. I know he loves me, well I did until he has really not spoken to me since I actually scheduled my appt... feeling love is on the condition I do what HE wants these days... it's good I will be fine, and happy to have this site to help & feel supported!! I am getting my house in order (less for him to do) and will start cooking meals to freeze soon as well... so time is good, but I am watching the calendar :P
Thanks again for the support.
Good luck! I'm sorry that you're having to wait, but it does give you time to get ducks in a row, do research and get mentally prepared. I am having mine done Monday. I'm nervous, but the excitement is actually taking over! My stretch marks go up almost to my breasts also - so I totally know what you mean and I only had 2!! Good luck and keep posting - it'll help you get everything off your chest!!
Thank you, and good luck to you too! I am ok with waiting, it does give me more time to make meals and such, I think my husbands lack of support is causing unnecessary anxiety, but I have a great group of friends that are being very supportive and therefore making up for his lacking, still doesn't take the place of my husband/best friend loving me unconditionally!!
I do wish you luck and my thoughts will be with you this week as you heal!!! :)