Bella Body Lift! (TT/Lipo) - National Harbor, MD

Tomorrow it will have been a a full week. Long...

Tomorrow it will have been a a full week. Long story short, a body lift is kind of like a mommy makeovere without the boob job. Anyway, I'm so happy. Of course, I'm still sore and everything, but the pain isn't anywhere near as awful as I thought it might be.

Day 1: AKA Maybe this was a mistake. Everything went well in the surgery. Got in first thing in the morning. Got all marked up and washed with iodine. Yada yada. Hopped on the table, next thing I knew I was waking up in the recovery room. I've had my share of surgeries, and anesthesia has never been an issue for me, but for some reason I woke up completely freaked. Not sure why. Got home. Wasn't really feeling any pain. My adhesive bandages on my hips didn't feel like sticking (no one's fault, these things happen), so I there was a scary bloody mess to be dealt with. Scary because it was blood, but it actually wasn't a big deal. Nor was it actually that much blood. It was just some of the fluid from the surgery. Later on that evening, unfortunately, I had my anesthesia surprise. Again, never had a bad reaction in my life, but that changed I guess. I puked and puked and puked and puked some more. FYI, puking after abdominal surgery is a rather unpleasant experience. I thought I was going to split in two. I couldn't keep the phenegren down long enough to work I guess, so it was a very upsetting night. I was able to walk, but barely. And not without holding on to someone.

Day 2: AKA Take 2 Day 2 was MUCH better than day 1. Night and day it seemed like. I was in pain, but nothing that wasn't easily managed by the painkillers. The puking stopped, and I was able to get around a little easier, but it was still pretty rough. The hip bleed slowed down, too. The swelling was much more noticeable to me in terms of feeling it. The drains were annoying. Not painful but annoying. Incision, all suction points and all muscles were sources of pain.

Day 3: AKA I am not a hippie, I would like a shower. So, because I had my surgery on a Thursday, my follow up wasnt until Monday. You can't shower until after your first follow up. So by Saturday, I was feeling pretty gross, and getting sponged off wasn't cutting it. The swelling was pretty ferocious. Ice packs helped. The swelling also lead to some really intense itching for me. And the compression garment - I thought it was trying to kill me. Obviously some pain, but still easily managed.

Day 4: AKA More of the same Um - more of the same? I was able to get around much more easily. I didn't need to hold on to anyone, and I actually moved fast enough to not have to worry about getting up for the bathroom 30 minutes in advance (haha).

Day 5:AKA SHOWER!!!! I felt decent enough to forego the narcotics long enough to drive. I was getting around okay (shuffling like an old lady, but still not too shabby). Had my follow up, and everything was healing as it should. I was finally allowed to take a shower - and it.was.amazing. This is also the first time that I got to stand and look at myself in the mirror. Now here is where expectations come in. I have terrible stretch marks. I have large thighs. My reasons for having this done were multifold, but perfection is not one of those folds. I was still puffy as expected, the pubic area was (and is still is) hilarious to see. I had some pretty bad bruising around my bra line and flanks. I blistered a little at one of the suction points on my lower back - probably the result of a rogue stretch mark, the compression garment rubbing and some subconscious scratching because of the swell itch. The incision was already mostly healed, and actually not sore. So looking in the mirror, it wasn't pretty. It was pretty freakish frankenstein looking - BUT to me, to see how FLAT I was, to see that flap missing and to see an actual shape, that was gorgeous to me. That was my breakdown and cry because I was happy moment - swelling and all. Day 6: AKA I'd rather starve than puke again So out of nowhere, I was nauseated. And had a headache. I ate breakfast, which helped very little. So I spent most of the day in bed asleep. When awake, I felt so damn bad. So bad. Terrible. I was so scared of throwing up (because that pain, nothing like it, ever), that I didn't want to eat. I ate a handful of goldfish with my medicine, but that was it. Well, this probably was a bad idea and did not help. Eventually, around dinner time, I finally ate. I felt a lot better. Drank water. Walked around some. Felt back to normal mostly. I was also feeling super tight in the trunk. I was swelling again, but ice packs.

Today, Day 7: AKA D-Day (drain day) Got the drains out. It did not hurt at all. It was slithery and weird feeling, but no pain. All went well. The swelling was less. Did a lot of walking and moving around. Most of the pain that I feel at this point is sore muscles and bruising at suction points. The incision is a non-issue, which is surprising. I wore "normal" pants today. In spite of the swelling, they were loose and comfortable. I have to wear the compression garment a little tighter, which is annoying. But not having the drains makes everything 10 times easier and more comfortable. Everytime I'd shower or use the bathroom, it was a juggle. Not anymore! The itching is crazy making. Swelling comes and goes, but am still generally swollen. Still using ice packs. I think it helps the swelling, but if nothing else, it numbs the itching. Also, if youve got someone to rub your back, that is nice. Using a nice, vitamin rich, fragrance free lotion feels delightful too. I did a short massage on my tummy with some cetaphil cream, and that felt amazing. Anyway, I kinda sped through the end there, but long story short, I feel much better than I expected to. I went out to eat at a restaurant and that was pleasant. Did a little walking. I was also cleared to walk on a treadmill for some light exercise.

I'll update more later. But I recommend this. If you're tired of looking at that delightful post weightloss flap. If you're having some of those post c-section medical issues, if you've got a hernia. Do this. And Dr. C is the best. I'm so happy. And I'm sure as the results really start to show, I'll be happier. I'm not comfortable yet sharing pictures, but when I am, I will post them.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

It took me a year to research and decide on Dr. Chiramonte. I couldn't be happier. The entire staff is so friendly and helpful. The office is well kept, discrete, and welcoming. The staff answered a lot of my questions and so did he. He didn't make me feel stupid for asking questions - even when I asked them twice. Very gentle, very patient from start to finish. I've gone back twice since the surgery (routine follow up and then to get drains removed) - and I didn't ever feel rushed. That said, everything moved so quickly. They were ready for everything and it's because it's such a well oiled machine. They know what they're doing. The payment process is fast and easy and not constantly in your face - which is nice. It's a simple routine box checking type of process rather than a series of upselling and nickel and dimimg - the money isn't harped on at all, which isn't always the case when you're dealing with elective medical.

Please please post pics ladies! I am 3 months postpartum and highly considering Dr. Chiramonte for the Bella body lift with fat transfer in the spring. I appreciate all the feedback !
Glad to hear all is going well for you NewMe! Would love to see pics when you are ready. :) My surgery was this past Monday so I'm still going through that annoying pain/bruising. When did your bruising go away?
I had this long thing written and then poof, it disappeared. Hate when that happens!

Anyway, I am still wearing the compression garment, but hopefully tomorrow will be the last day I wear the one I was sent home with. It does help with the swelling - I start the day flatter than I end the day hahaha for sure. It's just not very comfortable after a while.

I went back to work on 14 November, and it was a mistake. I have a desk job, but the simple act of getting to my office and then sitting in that damn chair puffed me up something awful. The swelling caused the compression garment to rub where one of the suctioned areas on my back was already a little irritated, so I burned pretty badly. It's all good now (a nice little concoction I made of lanolin, A&D ointment, vitamin E and cocoa butter).

For the rest of the week, I worked from home. The only thing I noticed lately that's kind of meh is that I seem to "cut in half." at the waist. I don't know if it's because of the compression garment, or my pants, or the fact that I'm still a little reluctant to stand up straight (tight, it hurts, but it's probably a good thing).

I will still wear compression after tomorrow, but I have some of my own coming in the mail from Leonisa.com. Hopefully those are acceptable. I called and asked and they said just don't get anything with metal. I also have a body shaper/slimmer that I've worn while laundering my other take-home one that has worked very well.

I should be able to get pictures this weekend I think. I hope anyway. My sister will be in town for thanksgiving and I'll have her arm the camera!
Thanks for the post! Very helpful and informative. I'm scheduled for November 28, TT, outer thigh lift and BL (no implants), so not a full body lift, but about 3/4's of one. For how long will you wear the compression garment? Do you find that wearing it helps control the swelling any? We'd love to see pics! I'm sure you look fabulous!!
Congrats on the upcoming transformation!

I'm 26. One child. No intention of birthing any more. Had a csection that was less than well done and child bearing was less than kind to my body. I take some responsibility for the weight gain and giving birth to a nearly 10 lb baby! I lost the baby weight then about 80 lbs. Hello skin flap! I gained 15 lbs back a couple months before the surgery due to an unrelated foot injury which slowed down my exercise routine. So at the time of surgery, 5'7", 175 lbs.

I feel amazing. I never had any ohgodpleasekillme pain with the exception of the vomiting. The incision doesn't hurt me at all, the external bruising is pretty much all gone. Still sore muscles, but I've been massaging myself so it hurts but feels good to rub it out gently. I did it tonight with some cocoa butter oil after a shower....oh man. Felt so good!

I host Thanksgiving as well as a big Christmas party in December. I'm not concerned at all about being well enough to pull it all together. Thanksgiving may require a little more planning ahead so I'm not on my feet all day cooking because as of now I'm swollen down to my ankles and I get tired from being up and about too long. My back starts to ache some because I'm not quite standing up straight yet. It will probably be a non issue by then, but just in case, I will probably do more cooking ahead than usual.

I think right now my biggest enemy/thing to manage is the swelling. That's the main source of discomfort for me I think. The soreness is secondary and made worse by the swelling.

Pics soon, I promise!
Wow, it's great that you're on the other side. I can't wait to see your pictures. May I ask... how old are you? My surgery is Dec. 13 and I'm starting to get nervous. I have so much to do to get prepared since it's just before Christmas. I just want to feel like enjoying family and friends during the holidays. Keep me posted.