13 Treatments in Trivantage - Twin Falls, ID

I've been getting tattoo removal treatments for a...

I've been getting tattoo removal treatments for a year and 2 months now. Trust me, I was naive and thought oh maybe my tattoo will be removed after 3 or so treatments. Wrong! This has been a long, and extremely painful process. if I knew how long of a process this would be i don't know if I would have gone through with it in the first place.

But my tattoo has definitely faded. After 13 treatments I would say my tattoo is about 65 percent gone. it also was a cover up tattoo, so technically I am getting layers of ink removed. My tattoo is 10/ 6 years old. in places where the tattoo is gone, it is white and I am concerned that once all of the ink is removed it will just look like a ghost tattoo. I do use the numbing cream 2 hours prior to my appointment and think it helps a lot!the best way to describe the pain is it feels like bacon grease, and a rubber band snapping you at the same time. Nice right?

The good news is, once the treatment is done and you can see some fading a couple weeks later it feels like an accomplishment. I feel tough, and feel like this experience has brought me patience. I'm going to stick with it because I'm already so far invested. Good luck to all of you considering, and to those of you who only had to get a few treatments consider yourself very lucky!

Trish

they are the only local office that does it.

Hi there, checking in to see if you have an update for us :)

She might be charging you only $20 now because now she feels bad about what you've already invested and the pigment changes that she sees happening. Q-switched YAGs are better than Trivantage, in my professional opinion. I'm not sure I would keep going over the areas that have lost color -- pink is one of the hardest colors to remove bc it's mixed with white ink, but I would rather have a shadow than a scar. It looks like there is pigment missing in areas where there wasn't even ink before? Not trying to be negative, just want you to proceed with caution! Good luck hon! :)
I agree with you 100 percent Nicole. I've never seen pigment loss that bad. :(
Great review, thank you for sharing. Your tattoo has really faded, but after seeing your results, feels like mine will never go away...I am only on treatment 5 and mine is way bigger and darker...oh well - paitence it is :)   Thanks again
I wish I had taken pictures of my earlier treatments. I can assure you I could not see any difference after my 5th treatment. It was so dissapointing. Honestly, I did not see any significant fading until my 10th treatment. It's Just a very long process for some of us. Luckly, my lady only charges me 20 dollars a session now instead of 100. Good luck! Stay tough!
$100 a session is way cheap!! $20 is seriously unheard of ?? I live in PA but if you google it you'll see it's normally $200-$500 a session depending on size/location. I have a guy that goes to tattoo shops and does them for ink connoisseurs. He charges me $120 for 2 tattoos - both are 5"x2" solid black panthers. I bought a "groupon" for a $60 treatment at a spa to use between treatments and she said to return my tattoos would be like $300 EACH TAT - each session. You are doing laser right?? I saw results (tho minimal) with my very first treatment. And now I've had 3 and my leg is probably 50% lighter - Arm only around 30% broke up. They were both coverups - and I could see the colors underneath after one treatment. Lasers leave minimal scarring if done right - and yours looks like it's scarred and bleached almost :( I need to send you pics of mine. I'll try to organize them and get them posted...
It seems everything is cheaper in Idaho! I am doing the laser treatments. The laser is Trivantage, and I hear it's one of the best out there... especially for removing pink and yellow ink. Some people that go to the same clinic as me, have only needed 3-5 treatments with Trivantage to completely remove there tattoo. Sucks mine is so stubborn. It's getting there though! My middle black shading was the first to fade, it's just those damn initials that refuse to go! She actually stopped lasering my pink for the last four months. She says she'll start again when the black is completely gone, BUT that I shouldn't expect to see much more fading with the pink. That's awesome that with only 3 treatments your leg tat is 50% gone! Definitely would like to see pictures of your progress. What is ink connoisseurs?
O no - just people who like tattoos - and want to remove either mistakes or remove to have new work etc... Hence him going to a tattoo shop to do it. His name is Jack Morton - rethinkyourink is his company
wow, $20...lucky! What kind of laser does she use?
oh wait, just read the TriVantage...sorry about that.. thanks!
Hi there Elle :) I am having 2 tattoos lasered with intention to cover both once light enough. My tattooist said "one time is all you'll need - that'll break it up enough to cover it nicely" WRONG!! I've had 3 treatments and tho it's significantly lighter, It STILL is not ready for coverup. Both were coverups, like yours... And both were solid - One a black panther and one a black and blue panther. The one on my arm had a name in RED BUBBLE LETTERs under black, so I get what you are saying about multiple layers of ink. Definitely a process!! Luckily I am working with an affordable tech...and I'm hoping all I'll need is 1 more session... But i've been saying that for 7 mos!! I'm new to the site, but I've been taking pics if there is some place to post them..
Hi Cori! I'm new to the site too. After desperately searching for other peoples experience with tattoo removal, I figured the best place to start is writing my own review.I totally get your frustration, and I too find myself always saying maybe after the next treatment, maybe after the next treatment! Will it ever end!? I've also considered getting another cover up since my tattoo is probably light enough now, the only tattoo artist I talked to you about covering it up with, said she wouldn't touch it until a year after the last laser treatnent. Also, there is no gaurentee that the ink will take properly on the scarred skin. In that case... I'll stick it out! Hang in there. If you write your own review, there is an option to post pictures.
I'll do a review tonight. Mine has never ever looked that raw after treatment and it's not scarred at all? From all the research I've done they say you can cover up in 4-6 weeks if you want... the laser won't touch new pigments, so it'd be fine... I'll get some pics up and come give you the link tonight.

I always love reading reviews from people who are well into treatment. It just gives another perspective. Thank you so much for starting this, and especially for adding photos - its so helpful to see what things actually look like!

Hoping your treatments continue to go well, and will look forward to hearing how you are doing. :)

Thanks for your support Megan!
Thank you on your rewiew! Can I ask you whether you are a smoker? I'm asking because I am,and I have read that it affects the good result.
I'm not a smoker Jeusica. I was told that I would be a great candidate because I'm healthy, exercise regularly, drink lots of water, am fair skinned, and don't smoke. That being said... I'm the clinics 2nd longest tattoo removal patient. It all depends on the type of ink that's in your skin I'm told. if you can find out if your ink is metallic, and it is, don't waste your time with treatment.