44 Year Old Mother of 2, Taking Time for Me!

I just had liposuction done on my abdomen, hips...

I just had liposuction done on my abdomen, hips and inner thighs. I'm 5 days into recovery and have found this web sight to be very helpful. I wanted to contribute in hopes that I could help others as well. I found that at age 40 my metabolism crashed and the pounds just kept creeping on. I've been eating healthy and joined a gym with a personal trainer 3 times a week in January of this year. However, even with dedication and commitment I still wasn't seeing results. I felt stronger but was becoming frustrated with my size NOT changing. The long and short of it... I returned to the plastic surgeon who performed breast augmentation 13 years ago after my second child was born. I'm going to log my recovery process here with weekly pictures along with my experience, strength, and hope.
Yep, after a certain age those pounds seem to find u and they all go to the wrong areas. I said I and Dolly Patton had the same measurements, I just had to walk on my hands to get them in the same place. LOL
Hi! I just had the same exact procedure done a week ago today! Keep us Posted on your progress. Happy healing :)
Thanks! I went in today for my one week check up. My adhesives for my incision points (2 lower back, 2 lower abdomen, 1 belly button, 2 upper thighs) were removed. I was hoping he would clear me for the massage but not yet. I'm still quite bruised. Going again next Wednesday for check up. How are you?? Because we both had this at the same time I'd be very interested to know how you are doing?

One week after and I'm thrilled

After my first week I'm already seeing not only the difference from before the surgery but also gradual improvements each day. The picture I've included today compares my last post to today. I feel and see a difference in the swelling around my waist. My doctor said just as the bruising would get better from top to bottom and I'm noticing so is the swelling.
Girl you are going to look amazing mid May!!!! I think they can only take out 5k in Louisiana so I just pray it will help ! I swear you get addicted to reading this site and then you keep seeing the next 5 surges you should probably have. No wonder men sometimes say" Ya"ll are CRAZY":)
You look really really good!!! I am having lipo plus ps from a burn on my leg on the 12th and I am 54. Do you mind telling me how many CC"S they took out if you know? I am praying my doc. will do the 5k but I don't know and he won't say until he "gets in there to"...:) Again thank you for posting it is so very helpful!!
5700 cc. Hard to believe almost three 2 liter 'diet coke' bottles worth. If you go to my first post I have my before pics there. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Arnica Gel is wonderful!

After reading many people using Arnica I went and purchased some. I got it at Walmart for about $8. It is a gel form. It felt so good the moment I applied it. It's a cooling sensation with a bit of numbing. I got it hoping it would help with the bruising. I still hope I get some results in that department but will continue to use it 3 times a day as prescribed simply for the soothing effect it has had. The second thing I scored at Walmart was a 'Flexees' by Maidenform body shaping garment (size large). It goes from mid thigh up to bra line with arm straps. It has a slit for going to the bathroom. But the best part is it feels so good. The material is firm and snug but not binding. So all in all it's been a really super day!
I have one of Wal-Mart in size small CG and find it with as good of compression as the medium CG that I purchased through the PS. You are looking great. Congrats.
You know your doctor is perfectly fine to take that much out!!! You can take out 6K very safely!!! Sadly I happen to live in a stop that says they can only take out 5:( Anyway you look AMAZING so your doctor KNOWS what he is doing:)

2 Week Update

Each day I feel a little bit better. I've noticed the swelling by my ribs has gone down. I asked dr when I saw him today and he indicated just as my bruising will get better from top down, so will my swelling. I can actually feel my rib bones! Yet I feel really bloated today. I think it might be because I ate salty food last night and because I'm doing more. I want to start exercising again (got cleared to do eliptical by dr) but with more activity comes swelling. Ugh. To do or not to do? Because the area is still healing and irritation will cause inflammation. Makes sense. But I'm really missing my gym routine. Here are photos comparing before and today and then comparing last week and today. I see a difference but like I said I feel bloated and can see it in my lower abdomen - the pooch! I'm patient. It'll come in time.
Love reading your journey. I'm going to Leake's partner Petrosky. Can't wait!!! Almost two weeks out. :D
You should be ok with a week off. Standing was much better for me than sitting. If I'd had to sit a week later for 5 hours it would have been an issue but standing should be alright. Bending and twisting was uncomfortable. I'm going to post some more pics in next day or so.
Did you get an extra compression garment? I thought about it but don't want to pay $150 or so on something I won't need later on.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

This facility is wonderful. I felt this way 13 years ago when I had breast augmentation surgery and Dr. Leake and his staff remain outstanding.