I Miss My Old Smile - Manila, PH

Back in 2009, I had all of my 28 teeth done....

Back in 2009, I had all of my 28 teeth done. Dentist said they were all porcelain veneers, but now I am not so sure. The procedure that was done was similar to that of crowns, whereas almost the ENTIRE tooth is covered. End result? Thick, bulky and short teeth on the side; while my front teeth(upper and lower) looked unnatural. In other words, I lost my natural shape which I really loved. My reason for getting veneers was just to have whiter teeth and bigger teeth in the middle, but now everything's off. I am now saving up to have them redone. Do I stand a chance though in getting the natural shape of my teeth prior to veneers? As for the veneers changing my life-in a way, they have. People have always regarded my beautiful smile, but with veneers, they associate it with money. As in, you must be rich to have afforded that(I live in Southeast Asia)and in stores and other public areas, I get prioritized when they see the teeth. I got the whitest shade there is. Must be that. I wish I made a thorough research before I had something as permanent as veneers done on ALL teeth.

Tripon Dental Clinic

Because when I complained about the results, they (there were several dentists handling my case then) just reassured me it's normal and that nobody will see the back side of my teeth(which are now glaringly obvious-YELLOW!- compared to veneers!) They didn't really succeed in giving me a REALISTIC set of teeth. Their clinic would call and text regarding payment(installment), but other than that, they show no concern about how I felt re: new teeth. Bad service. I would sue them, but dental MALPRACTICE is unheard of here in the Philippines. Please look at my photos and you will understand why I am not happy with this dental clinic.

I would fight for a refund. Those are not veneers. It looks like he did bonding, not veneers. I would go to a cosmetic dentist and get a new opinion
Yes you can get the natural shape of your teeth back. A good cosmetic dentist should have waxed up a mold of your new teeth for you to look at and approve prior to doing any work on your teeth. Then he should have put in temporaries for you to "try out" for awhile and see if you liked them or had any feedback. Your teeth are bulky and not done well. The dental lab used is not good as all the teeth are the same color whereas natural teeth the brightest are the centrals and they fade in color as you go toward the back of your mouth. I would not go back to your dentist as he approved this case and used the dental lab he used to create your teeth. I would go to someone that has more training in cosmetic dentistry and you need to look at pictures of the doctor's work to see if the teeth look natural. As for your concern if these are porcelain, they are...crowns are also made of porcelain.

I'm so sorry to hear you aren't happy with how things turned out. Try not to dwell on the feeling that you didn't do enough research before you had your veneers placed. You are doing your research now, so at least you are doing the best you can from this point on.

Do you happen to have any pictures of your teeth before you had the veneers placed?