My CO2 Fractional Laser Experience - Manila, PH

I just want to share my experience with fractional...

I just want to share my experience with fractional laser. Cosmetic or derma procedures are very affordable in the Philippines. It is actually one of the cheapest in the world. I suffered from acne breakouts for the past few months resulting in acne scars. I was so worried about it because I don't usually have this kind of skin condition. On March 15, 2013, I decided to undergo fractional laser. Usually, it cost $100-350/session here. I was able to get a promo and I only paid roughly $150 for 3 sessions. That is very cheap compared to other clinic in the world.

Prior to my treatment, I was advised to stop all my facial regimens at least 3 days before. When I arrived in the clinic, they assisted me in a private room. They thoroughly wash my face and then they applied a topical anesthesia and leave it for 45 mins to 1 hour. After that, the Doctor came and did the procedure. I was a bit nervous back then because I don't know how painful it would be. The doctor started the procedure on my chin. I felt a little tinging sensation, almost unnoticeable. As the procedure goes on, the pain started to crack in. I can smell my skin burning on the surface. There is a cooling device that produces air and it really helps me not to feel the pain. The procedure lasted about 15 minutes. After that they applied a collagen infusion mask to promote healing. 5-10 minutes, I started to feel the pain already. My face is so red. I was given post of instructions and then I was allowed to go. On my way home, the pain get even worse. It was very painful. It felt like a 1st or 2nd degree burn. It lasted for about 2-3 hours.

As days go by, my skin started to darken and I can see the laser beam on my face in a square pattern. Day 2-3, my skin is getting tighter. Day 4-5, it started peeling off. Day 7, the peeling has been completed.

Most of my acne scars and sun spots has faded. You can actually see the difference. I'm going to post my picture to see it by yourself.

April 15, 2013. I'm currently in pain right now while making this review. I just had my 2nd co2 laser today. It is actually more painful now than my 1st session. I don't know maybe the doctor adjusted the laser settings to make a deeper penetration in my skin.

AESCULTURA

Hi jirayutunayn! Any update on your fractional laser at dermabest? How many days downtime?
Hi Iceylicious, I can't recommend you the frac laser treatment at dermabest. There is actually no changes that happened. I think the process they do is different and is not as effective as it should be.
Thank you for your info! :)
Hey guys. I just had my very first Fraxel Treatment today at Dermabest Clinic. Like what everyone is saying, the procedure is really painful and until now. I will be posting updates day by day on the result.
make sure to use generous sunblock on the first 4 days since those are the days were your skin is fragile enough to be easily damage by the sun
Do I really have to use sunblocks even I'm not going outside our house?
Yes because even your just inside the house uv rays are present since it goes through glasses of your windows, even spf 15 will do just to be sure enough since the state of your skin is too fragile, i do undergo with co2 laser as well but now i jumped into another procedure since it did not improved my deep ( not too deep ) scars only the complexion and glow effect
Oh thank you. Anyway, I also have a very hard problem about deep scars on my face. Can you show me how you face looks like with the deep scars?
Im not saying its not effective but as always its a case to case basis thats why im still working out my deep scar, are you a male or female?
Just view my review, i posted my recent pic
Im a male. Where can I find that post?
in my profile , view my review bout co2, post your pic condition as well thanks
Hello. Magkano po kaya ngayon ang price ng Fraxel Treatment sa Aescultura?
I had mine at Cathy Valencia and I agree, the pain was just urrgghh!!! After my 1st treatment, I was really in pain that I even asked myself why did I undergo with such procedure. But I was very happy with the result afterwards hence finished 6 sessions! :)
I availed 6 sessions from Aescultura and I still have 4 sessions left. I've used the 2 vouchers for my legs and I dunno if I will also use the remaining vouchers for my face because my previous treatment made some discolorations on my legs :(

hi i have depressed acne scars and there are alot of them on both my cheeks..i dnt have acne anymore but i am very much sad about wat happened to my cheeks ;( pls help me give me some advice..

fractional c02 laser is one of the procedure that you can choose for depressed acne scar. also there's this derma roller wherein needles in the roller will penetrate into your skin, the effectiveness will depends on the serum that will be applied into your face. And with the last one which is the new technology of Trifractional Radio Frequency. it is like co2 fractional laser but instead of direct laser there are tiny pins attached to the machine and the source of laser will come out from the pins to be more fractional rather than the direct laser light from c02 fractional laser.
I just want to add up that tri fractional rf is quite expensive since this is a new technology aroung 15k-20k per session, the good thing about it is the downtime is lesser than co2 fractional it will take around 3 days to get your skin back to normal, day 1 redness, day 2 tiny dot scabbing and day 3 peeling of scabs :)

Not all clinics that offer promos have cheap laser machines. My doctor was featured in a deal site but she has undergone training in dermatology and has had hands-on training in laser operation.

I agree the procedure was kinda painful and expensive but it was worth it. I had my treatment at Cathy Valencia white plains
Just to inform everybody, im not affiliated with the clinic i mentioned above. This is my own review. Im not paid by the clinic. I know fractional laser cause i've been in Belo Medical Group which cost 20k. Results varies from person to person. It depends on your skin condition. Go to your trusted dermatologist if you dont feel secure! No one is forcing you to avail fractional laser through discounts sites like ensogo or metrodeal. Just saying!

hi....I just wanna ask..if 20k is all over surgery for scars...or its just per session?

I already finished up my 4th session and still deep scar exist in my face, Im frustrated that it seems to be that there's no more hope left to achieve an even skin surface over my face :(
and here's the catch, I took my treatment in one of known celebrity cosmetic clinic-Cathy Valencia
Oh! Sorry to hear that. I heard a lot from cathy valencia clinic too. I guess it depends on your skin condition. Mine is very minimal, just pimple scar. I only have 2 sessions.