What a Great Result! - Manhattan, NY

I was born with a condition called Gastrochisis...

I was born with a condition called Gastrochisis where I had no navel & some scarring. I am a 21 year old female from Aus & finding a surgeon who would operate on me was a absolute nightmare. Through doing my own research, I was aware the only procedure to fully correct my condition was a Tummy Tuck. I am a very young patient for this procedure, but I felt so upset with the way my stomach looked, I had no self confidence. I would see surgeon after surgeon in Aus & every single one knocked me back saying that my stomach "would never be better then it is & I could not remove the scarring" - I wrote on a "reputable" surgeons facebook page about my condition & asked if he could help & had people liking what I wrote & laughing, calling me a alien. This surgeon then commented on other comments on the same day I wrote me so I assume he was just ignoring mine, But I was use to this treatment. Also being told that I was "completely normal" & need help. I knew I was better off then a lot of other things I have seen on people's body but that was irrelevant, it was still very personal to me & I wanted it fixed.

At this point I was very close to booking in with a Brisbane surgeon to have liposuction done to even the contour on my stomach - he wanted to put the scarring on the side of my abdomen from top to bottom about 3 slits each side. Then I thought, there has got to be another way - so I kept researching.

I came accross a few surgeons in the US - Beverley Hills, New York in paticular & I spoke with about 3 surgeons - all saying they would be able to perform a tummy tuck - in the end I chose Dr. Sterry in Manhattan, New York. What a relief! throughout the process he took time on his weekends to talk to me on Skype as he was quite busy during the week & with the time difference it made it a bit more difficult to communicate. I told him my situation & what I wanted to have done & he did suggest just doing a local procedure on my belly button area, but in the end came to the decision the the only thing that would make me happy would be a Tummy Tuck (I also decided in the end to also get a BA)

So about 4 months later I was on a plane from Australia - New York & within a few days into the operating room. The next day when I had a peek at my results I could not believe what an amazing job he had done! A far better result then what I expected. I LOVE my first & new belly button - my friends have commented you can not tell I have ever had something wrong with me - a complete transformation! The scar placement is phenominal - I have seen a lot of bad scarring from Tummy Tucks (sitting way to high etc) My breast augmentation is excellent - a lot of girlfriends I have shown have commented if they did not know I had had BA they would not be able to tell my boobs are fake - They look so natural & he has managed to correct the Asymmetry I had prior to the procedure.

Throughout the healing process (which im still going through) Poor Dr.Sterry had to make himself available on weekends & very late at night when I had some questions about my drain.

I am so glad I made the decision to travel for my surgery - Dr.Sterry has changed the way I feel about myself & I am ever so grateful.

I am only 4 weeks post op but will keep you posted with photos once I can get a hold of some :)

Photos are up!

Photos are up!

3 months post op!

Just an update on my progress... 3 months post op and still amazed by the transformation! Check out my
Photos of me flaunting my tummy for the first time prior to a state of origin event! - my belly button is still a little red but getting better :D
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr Sterry is one of those surgeons who has genuine care & passion for what he does. He is more then a plastic surgeon - he is a true artist.

Beautiful !
He did a fab job girl. And that belly is sexy!! :)
What a beautiful story it's unfortunate that ppl can be so callus and cold with how they treat someone that's different. I. So happy for you and your new found esteem. It only gets better from here on out. Best wishes to you
Great review!!! I will be following.