I had a nose job done may 23, 2013. I told my...

I had a nose job done may 23, 2013. I told my surgeon I didn't want to alter the shape of my Nose just make my bridge slim and the tip of my Nose smaller, and remove the bump on my bridge. He did the total opposite. I now resemble a pig, my tip is so round and raised, and my bridge is so wide, my Nose looks slanted, and my left nostril looks larger and lower then my right I really would like some advice on if this is my final nose or swelling. I'm now two weeks post op, and I hate my Nose. I'm very depressed. I can't eat, I can't sleep, and my social life has taken a turn for the worse. I refuse to go outside because I don't want people to laugh at me. Please can someone give me feed back I'm so depressed and am in need of some great advice. I'm already searching for a surgeon for a revisions. Please help :,-(

Your hair with that blonde and black bob was lovely . Your nose came out very well . It looks great
Hey... I want to tell you honestly... when I visited your review I looked at all your pictures before I read ANYTHING... my impression was that you BEFORE nose was very wide... and then your AFTER nose looked very nice, no bump, and more refined... and then as I kept looking at pictures I noticed that the bridge looks VERY VERY SWOLLEN. I'd like to add that NEVER did I notice a "upturned" or "pig like" nose AT ALL. Then I read your review and saw that you were upset... so then I went and looked at your pics AGAIN and I truly honestly think you look GREAT and you do not look like a pig at all... in fact I can't even see your nostrils from your front view so that is a good thing... and really the only thing i notice besides it being a great result is that it is very swollen. my nose was very swollen as well but it seems like maybe you have thicker skin so your swelling might be much greater. please take a look at my page and see some of my pictures of the swelling... please please please cheer up... you look beautiful and i think with time you will love your nose. please go out and enjoy being social, i bet a large percentage of your friends/strangers won't notice ANYTHING about your nose =) Good luck...

Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! I agree with the other commenters that you're still in very early days and you're probably still quite swollen. Also, when your tip points down a bit, it can be hard to adjust to it NOT pointing down anymore. You actually look really good IMHO, but you need to give yourself time to heal still. Please keep us updated!

3 weeks and 1 day post-op

Ok so its been three weeks and one day, since I had my surgery. I have notice some change in my nose, such as the size of my bridge swelled down. And the uneven nostrils is started to even out and the tip of my nose is slowly starting to drop. But I still have major concerns regarding the size of my nose. I wanted a smaller nose, my doc told me to wait before I judge the size because I'm still in the process of swelling. I'm also concerned about the left side of my face, it seems to be much larger then the right. And when I touch it its hard and dosnt have much feeling in it, could that be swelling even though I can feel the bone? Also it seems as though my right side cave in more as though to much was done one one side then the other could this also be due to my right side has healed faster then my left side?

Your latest pic looks great, your nose swelling looks to have gone down from the previous pics by much. Swelling is the worst part of this. So hard to be patient and it does feak you out because it feels like it may look swollen forever. I feel you-I think you should give it more time. But, if you start to feel it outside of nose- maybe you should call the doctor to make sure that is just normal swelling too.
I think it is swelling and the bridge will thin out in the next couple months. I remember at 7 months post op I saw my bridge taking more shape, and I have very thin skin. You still look gorgeous- love your piercings btw

my nose 3 weeks and 2 days

please repond back

As you can see one side lookes higher then the other and one side looks smaller then the other and one nostril looks like its turned up and the other one is facing down... Please do you think its from swelling? Or something went wrong?

I have the almost the same nose you have before the surgery I would love to have the same results that you have you look fantastic gorgeous ;) . Can you please give Ur doctor information I thinking of doing my surgery with him
Seriously your nose turned out great! I am at 3 months and still have swelling. One side will probably swell more than the other that's how mine is
You look fantastic! I think you have to wait more time at least six months:)

my video update

Please feel free to comment with feedback

Honestly I think it's such an improvement than before. I think with the nose you had before it may have been a challenge to give you the exact nose you were looking for. I can promise you it turned out really great! There's something about imperfections that make you unique and beautiful in your own way. It think it looks amazing! No worries! :)

my miserable update

so this is my latest update and things have gone from bad to horrible.. I'm torn between if this is my final result or am I going through swelling still. my tip of my nose hasn't dropped back to my old nose like I was told it would do, and I very much so look like ms.piggy from lower angles. my nose isn't even at all one nostril turns up and the other points downwards :,-( and the worst part is one side of my nose caves in.. I don't think this is swelling because on my left side I can feel the bone and on the right side I can push my nose in very far :,-(... and to male matters worst my family hates it they told me I took a diamond and replaced it with a rock :,-( my support team rely in my boyfriend hand and he try to make me feel better but its difficult to even look himI the face afraid that he don't think I'm pretty anymore :,-( help please with some advice!!!

pictures

I really think it looks way smaller than before! You don't look like ms piggy at all!
i dont see the miss piggie at all. i think youre not used to it personally, same with me. i had a droopy tip in my old nose, so did you, so i htink were both in the same boat.. not used to seeing nostrils. if you look closely at other people, thats kind of how a nose works! your nose looks way better and looks super good
I'm kind of missing what's wrong with your nose now?! I think it's an beautiful improvement. The nostrils could be swelling and it's possible to have asymmetric swelling as well

coming along

ok so this is my 3 month update, and I must say that my nose has changed a lot. I'm noticing month by month my nose starts to take on a different look.. in a good way. I'm just a little concerned about my left side bridge bone... it has seemed that it started to push back out to its original size... my doc told me to push on it and hopefully it'll push back in... which dosnt seem logical to me because the bone has already healed. I'm also concerned about my tip of my nose. I know that the tip takes the longest to heal but I'm getting worrisome on the ideological of this is my final look...

Please post recent pics?
Hey babe how are you?
I don't know why you feel like you don't like your nose! but to me you are gorgeous. I want to believe you are going through the emotional path that comes after such surgery. You are beautiful and your nose currently looks great. Hopefully it will be better in few months. Keep us posted

update

Hey everyone sorry its been awhile since I had an update, but my life seemed to pick up after my surgery... I officially hit one year may 23 since I had my rhinoplasty. I must say and this is directed to the women/men who are either deciding to have a rhinoplasty or in the stages after surgery, this is emotional roller coaster. Its by far easy to deal with. I went through so many stages of regret, worry, and depression afyer my surgery, only to kick my self in the butt for all the unnecessary tears. Im in love with my new nose although I seem to have gained weight on my face the results are beautiful. My surgeon didnt give me the tiny nose I wanted but he gave me what would fit my nationality and face... kisses and hugs to him. Although I love my new nose I do have some worries, which are one side seem to have pushed is way back out to the shape of my old nose. My physician explained that this is common affect in the African community when having a rhinoplasty, and my second concern is my cheeks. I know from picture you have seen that I have had the dimple piercing unfortunately they swelled and became infected so I removed them about 3 months ago and my cheeks remain puffy, I really cant determin if its from the surgery of my piercings. I will discuss this with my physician... im absolutely in love but my own decision and greed I think I want to go back and possibly get a smaller nose... ill wait until mid summer to see how my face slims down!! Word of advice during the process stay away from the mirror and hating non supportive ppl, and in the end youll be ok!! O yea and I smoke cigarettes so that slows the healing process greatly!! Leave any comment and ill respond back.... honest opinion ppl!!

Sorry havent been on here in awhile but I posted new pictures
Much much better happy with my results

pix

pix

Thank you for your review. I have been so depressed since the 3rd week because my nose changed so much since the cast was taken off, and I think it looks worst. I have been suffering the emotional roller coaster also. I had to have my breathing fixed, then I thought I would have the shape fixed also. I went to counseling 8 months prior to the surgery to be able to handle the surgery, but that did not help. I worry my nose won't look good and will look worst in time. I hope mine turns out well too. So glad you are happy with your nose, it gives me hope. Thank You
Your nose is amazing!! May I ask who your surgeon is?
Your nose is amazing!! May I ask who your surgeon is?
anonymous

He was very nice but at times seemed a little to anxious!