Restylane for Under Eye/cheek Hollowness - Manhattan, NY

I made the move to NYC a few months ago and due to...

I made the move to NYC a few months ago and due to the environment change, not to mention the added stress of moving alone to a new city with no job, my skin started to break out pretty bad. Ever since my late teens I've always tried to take good care of my skin, wearing spf everyday and always trying out the latest skin care innovations.

A month later when I followed up, my skin had cleared up and I was having very minimal breakouts. She then asked me what else she could do for me. I had mentioned on my first visit about my concerns with the hollowness under my eyes causing me to look tired all the time. Even though I was getting adequate sleep, I would catch glimpses of myself on the subway or walking past store windows and all I would notice was the dark lines that laid beneath my eyes and the hollowness in my upper cheeks. To most people this was probably not quite as noticeable but to me, it was all I focused on every time I'd look in the mirror. I did plenty of research on fillers under the eyes and was very hesitant to go through with this procedure.

After a couple months of debating and going back in forth and talking with Dr. Krant for a third time, I decided to book the appointment for restylane. I had now seen her a few times and although I was still a little bit nervous, I felt at ease and confident in her not only as a dermatologist, but as a person. I was informed ahead of time I may experience some bruising for a few days, which made a little apprehensive, because I didn't want to go into work the next day looking like I'd got punched in the face. Before the injections, Dr. Krant had me hold up a mirror and she showed me where she would be injecting the filler and handed me a stress ball to squeeze onto. I have a pretty high tolerance of pain and needles don't really scare me so I wasn't too concerned with the stress ball. It felt like little pinches, btw. After carefully injecting the restylane into the hollowness under my eyes which took just a few minutes, I was then handed a mirror to see my results. I instantly saw a difference. I no longer had that dark line under my eyes and my upper cheeks looked more plump, but yet still very natural. I looked like me, just a fresher, more well rested version. And that was exactly the look I was going for. As a male, I wanted to make sure the results were natural and not too overdone or feminine as you often times see and Dr. Krant made sure to give me an enhanced, yet natural look. I was pleasantly surprised to have no bruising whatsoever. I left the office that day feeling more confident than when I went in.

Who's to say if people around me notice a difference, as we are our own worst critics and tend to notice our imperfections more than others. The important thing is, I notice it and I feel better and more confident with my appearance. So if anyone has thoughts of getting restylane or any skin care issue for that matter, I strongly recommend you make an appointment with Dr. Krant. As with anything cosmetic, do your research, have realistic expectations and do it because you want to, not for anyone else.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Finding a good dermatologist isn't always easy. In the past I've been to dermatologists who don't take the time or care to talk and more importantly, listen to what the patient has to say. Often times I've been to see a dermatologist who just take a quick look at your skin, write a couple of prescriptions and are in and out in the room within 2 minutes.I knew NY would have some of the best dermatologists in the country, I just made sure to do my research before hand. Luckily I came across Dr. Krant, here on real self and after reading her credentials and patient testimonies I decided to book an appointment. My initial impression of Dr. Krant was that she appeared very calm, confident and she actually listened to me. Together we discussed my concerns and my skin care history and she put together a system that she thought would be best suitable for my skin.

This is great. I also had the same experience with my dermatologist in Staten Island. I think, however, that it is extremely important to find a doctor who really has an artistic sense about what can be done with fillers. In the wrong hands, these can be a disaster. It's important to do some research into the doctor.

It is great that you really gave yourself time to think about the injections and didn't rush right into getting them treated. I'm so glad to hear you are liking the way things turned out! I'm curious since you mentioned you are a guy, have you opted to tell anyone you did this, or are you just keeping it to yourself?