4 Sessions of Microdermabrasion + IPL = Manhattan, NY

I had 4 sessions that combined a quick 1-2 pass...

I had 4 sessions that combined a quick 1-2 pass sweep of microdermabrasion, followed by intense pulsed light treatment. I had initially purchased a package on Lifebooker for IPL to treat dark under eye circles and I was upsold (when I got to spa) on micro +IPL. The MD remarked that dark circle treatment without addressing hyper-pigmentation on my face would make me look funny.
Well, I've had 4 treatments. Only the first one was performed by a doctor. The last 3/4 were performed by an aesthetician. I noticed about a 30% change in hyper-pigmentation after my first treatment, and my skin appeared brighter. This was in fact immediately. I didnt suffer from any down time... really no redness and no darkening of freckles (in fact this didn't happen in any of the treatments). I would say now, after 4 treatments, there is still about a 30% reduction in hyper-pigmentation. After dishing out $800 on a special for 4 txs, I would have expected a little more of a result. I don't really notice a change in my dark circles. I AM however concerned that my face might look a little on gaunt side, and I'm concerned about fat loss, especially around my eyes, making them look hollowed. I'm a bit scared reading some of the reviews. The setting however was pretty low and my last of 4 treatments, spaced 2 weeks apart was last week. Incidentally, I have lost weight (this is unwanted as I'm already thin), due to stress and over work.
Also IPL does not help for dark circles, I have the same problem and considering Restalyne, but I'm not too good with the injections and pain that goes with it ;o)
I had Restalyne for under my eyes, and it didn't hurt at all. You can ask your spa person to put a numbing cream on your face before they do it.
IPL can really help your skin look better, key is not to have it too strong and stay out of the sun = sooo important at least for a while before you go and sunblock also every day before and after. No Vit A or Retinoids or any harsh products before you go, these can all have a negative outcome for skin.
Dr. Payyar