4 Sessions of Microdermabrasion + IPL = Manhattan, NY

I had 4 sessions that combined a quick 1-2 pass...

I had 4 sessions that combined a quick 1-2 pass sweep of microdermabrasion, followed by intense pulsed light treatment. I had initially purchased a package on Lifebooker for IPL to treat dark under eye circles and I was upsold (when I got to spa) on micro +IPL. The MD remarked that dark circle treatment without addressing hyper-pigmentation on my face would make me look funny.
Well, I've had 4 treatments. Only the first one was performed by a doctor. The last 3/4 were performed by an aesthetician. I noticed about a 30% change in hyper-pigmentation after my first treatment, and my skin appeared brighter. This was in fact immediately. I didnt suffer from any down time... really no redness and no darkening of freckles (in fact this didn't happen in any of the treatments). I would say now, after 4 treatments, there is still about a 30% reduction in hyper-pigmentation. After dishing out $800 on a special for 4 txs, I would have expected a little more of a result. I don't really notice a change in my dark circles. I AM however concerned that my face might look a little on gaunt side, and I'm concerned about fat loss, especially around my eyes, making them look hollowed. I'm a bit scared reading some of the reviews. The setting however was pretty low and my last of 4 treatments, spaced 2 weeks apart was last week. Incidentally, I have lost weight (this is unwanted as I'm already thin), due to stress and over work.
Dr. Payyar