Worth Waiting For - Manhattan, NY

After a hysterectomy that put me into instant...

After a hysterectomy that put me into instant menopause at age 48, I began to put on weight rapidly in places especially my breasts. Some might find this a good thing but I have a small frame and the added weight caused back and shoulder pain that, combined with the pressure on my bra straps would make my hands and arms go numb. I asked for a recommendation from my GP and she suggested Dr. David Cangello, who had happened to have done work on one of her office staff-"a beautiful job," she said. I found that Dr. Cangello actually was one of the physicians covered by my insurance plan, and I made an appointment. Juva Skin Spa in Manhattan is, I think primarily, a place where Botox, fillers, and other cosmetic work is done-it was a surprise to go there for a surgical consult. That said, it is a very pleasant surrounding-just not very "medical" or hospital-like at all- more like a beauty salon. That is not a bad thing, just unexpected. Dr. Cangello was very confident and reassuring, and he always had a young woman assistant with him during my exams and consultations. I guess all physicians do this now when there are certain exams.He quickly determined that I would be a good candidate for reduction and I was scheduled so fast with approval from my insurance that I actually had to reschedule for later in the year due to my starting a job when the first surgery was scheduled. I do very physical work so needed to wait 6 weeks before resuming my job. I was able to reschedule during our Christmas/New Year's break so only missed 3 weeks of work. The surgery was done on an outpatient basis in Manhattan Eye & Ear Hospital. It took a few hours and I am not the best with post-anasthesia so was very queasy afterward for a couple of days. I had to come in for a post-op check 2 days later and was able to get a friend to come with me to deal with taxis, etc. I stayed wrapped up for about 2 weeks, then the few stitches were removed and I could wear a normal front-closing exercise bra. I felt immediately lighter, and my back and shoulder issues were almost completely gone. I am not sure what my pre-op size was-I had to alter my bras but was somewhere in the 30G or so range. I asked if I could go down to a C cup, and I'd say that for some bras I am around there but maybe closer to D, sometimes DD. If I am diligent with exercise, as I feel much more comfortable now doing, I think I can get some of the fat down in the troublesome places. I am very happy to have had the work done, and would highly recommend Dr Cangello.
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr David Cangello was terrific. I highly recommend him.