Hello. I am 31 years old and 3 children. I have...

Hello. I am 31 years old and 3 children. I have been considering a bbl and arm lipo for about 2 years. I had breast reduction in 2011. I went from a 38DDD to a 38 C. I am 5'6 and 190. I had a consultation with Dr. Yager but, his bbl did not convinced me. I found Dr. Schulman here on RS. I had my consultation yesterday 4/6/13. Him and his staff made me feel so comfortable and he answered all my questions. My surgery is scheduled for 5/6/13, yayyyy. My dream of having the butt of my dreams is coming true. My only concern is the recovery process. I am wondering how am I going to feel right after I wake up from my surgery. For some reason, I can't download my pics.

So exciting! I am scheduled for my consult with Dr. S in May. What concerns you most with the recovery process? Did Dr.S indicate how many cc's he plans to give you in each hip? What areas did you and Dr. S agree to lipo? #teamSchulman
About the recovery, just being in pain and not being able to tolerate it. When I met with Dr. S he asked me how big...lol. I told him what I wanted and he told me that I did not need hips. Girl, I got hips. I just need a booty to with it. Lol.
Lol! Your a curvy woman as am I.....did he seem fine with your weight? Did Dr. S show you pics? I'm thinking he would want to give you between 1000-1200cc's per cheek

Today I went cloths shopping and reminded myself...

Today I went cloths shopping and reminded myself why I want this procedure done.

All of you beautiful ladies have def been an inspiration, I too am now even more comfortable with my Dr. S choice on June 6th....seems like forever away. Def am anxious about the pain and recovery time but guess have to keep in mind the light at the end of the tunnel...
Welcome #teamSchulman baby.
Yes!! Welcome to #TeamSchulman!!

Hello BBL sisters...My day is almost here. Less...

Hello BBL sisters...My day is almost here. Less than 2 weeks to go. I finally got my meets and still nit nervous at all. All I do is wonder how I'm going to look. I stopped shopping for clothes in case I size change.... I hope lol. I have faith that Dr. S is going to meet my expectations. I am wondering if I should get another garmet. This so surreal

My sisters will be taking turns caring for me. They still think I dont need this surgery but, continue to be very supportive. That's all I. I'm not sure about what other meds to buy besides the one the prescriptions my doc gave. I am so excitedBob

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Can't upload pics:-(. Could it be my phond? I got...

Can't upload pics:-(. Could it be my phond? I got a Galaxy 3

Hey sis, one of our RS community can help you out with how to upload pics. I would suggest you inbox Kirsty. Wow, May will be here before you know it!
Ha! That's funny about your pcp. My Dr is actually young and she says she will be getting her work done after her second baby. She can't wait to see my results. She's really cool like that. Did you go back to see Schulman for another consult? I'm going to see him tomorrow. I just have a few more ??s for him just to make sure my expectations are realistic. #newchapter #teamschulman

I got medical clereance today. I'm good to go. I...

I got medical clereance today. I'm good to go. I also informed HR that I will be taking a week off from work. Hopefully I'll be comfortable enough to rerurn to work after 7 days. I also got Arnica gel and tablets, female urinal and will be getting a boppy pillow next week. I'm trying to keep a positve mind through thia journey. This surgery dir sure will change my life.

Still struggling to upload my pics :-(

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Finally able to download pics... this took a lot...

Finally able to download pics... this took a lot ot courage bbl sis.. lol

Your wish pic is gorgeous and super realistic imo! Dr. S will get you there :) I can't wait to hear about your recovery since I'll be having my surgery only one day after yours lol!
Clapping my hands....proud of you sis! Did you figure out how to get your pics up on your own?

Good morning bbl sisters.. I have been thinking so...

Good morning bbl sisters.. I have been thinking so much about this surgery. I even had a nightmare last night that an Anesthesiologist was chasing me holding a big needle...lol

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

OK, so as off today I'm scheduled for Monday 5/6 @...

OK, so as off today I'm scheduled for Monday 5/6 @ 10:45am. I was told to arrive at 10:00am. Omg bbl sisters, there's no turning back now.

Wishing you all the best for surgery on Monday!
Thank you so much.
OMG... I'm one day after you. Good luck to you. I'm sure you will love your results! That's what I'm putting in the universe.

Tomorrow is my big day and I'm excited and nervous...

Tomorrow is my big day and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I know I'm in good hands. God in charge.

Yayyy, I'm excited for you. Stay positive, you are in great hands.
I'm excited for you! Surgery will go well - I'm sure of it :) Rest up tonight and don't worry about a thing!
yaaaassss Best of luck, you're going to be in GREAT hands! #TEAMSCHULMAN

I first want to say thank you for all the best...

I first want to say thank you for all the best wishes and prayers sooooooo, that being said, I made to the other side BBL sisters. I got to the facility at 10:05am. 5 minutes late, downtown traffic. The team was already waiting for me and made me feel si special. I was taken to another room where I met my Nurse and Anesthesiologist (sweet ppl). The both asked me a few questions about previous surgeries and meds that I'm taking. The surgical team was already waiting for me. I changed into the gown, took pregnancy test and Dr. S took pics. He pointed out that one of my butt cheeck was a little bigger than the other.I think this was a first for him..lol. He told me that he was going to try to even it out. Dr. S. Made me feel calm and confident. After they finished prepping me, I was taking to the OR. When I woke up, my butt fell a little sore. The lipo area do not hurt. They just feel tender ti the touch annd numb. My butt feels numb too but, I LOVE IT. I GOT A BEAUTYFUL, ROUND BOOTY. I know I'm swollen but , I love what I see. Dr. S did his thing. Got 1050 in one butt cheek and 1250 in the other to even them out. I cried a little when I first saw my self. I am one sexy mama.

Oh man, so good to hear you are happy and well! Happy healing!
BAM!!! Your in love now but in a month your just never gonna leave the mirror and in TWO.. Girl you may never leave the bed lmao @FELLIN YOURSELF
Congrats, you look amazing

First night was a turture. I sleep probably 1...

First night was a turture. I sleep probably 1 hour at a time ; (. I was getting up to use the bathroom a lot. I'm very sore and swollen. Would I do this again, yes a thousand times. ;)????? my results. This is soooooo worth it.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I am following my ps discharge instructions...

I am following my ps discharge instructions RE:nutrition, garmet, showering, medications, eating/drinking. I also walking a lot around the house about an hour or more at a time. Last night I had get up and walk because I was to sore. Walking helps ladies. Do not stay in bed all day. Happy healing.

ON AND IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING HOW MUCH DID HE CHARGE FOR THE WHOLE SURGERY IM JUST TRYING TO GET AN IDEA OF WHAT HE MIGHT CHARGE FOR ME. THANKS
WOW DR. S DID A GOOD JOB ON YOU, I JUST EMAILED HIM PICS TO SEE WHAT HE CAN DO FOR ME. DID HE DO YOUR HIPS AS WELL I LOVE UR HIPS
Question-at day 2, how much assistance do you need for the day2day things?

Day 3 Recovery is no joke. I'm not in pain just...

Day 3
Recovery is no joke. I'm not in pain just a little sore when I out if bed. I got to shower today and it felt soooo good. I almost cried when I saw my shape. My back rolls are gone and I look hotttt in my old dresses. My butt is huge. I stopped taking the percocet yesturday. Only taking Tylenol 500mg. I'm still sore. I plan on going back to work on Monday.

Hope all is going well with you. Many blessings.
Happy healing!
How are you feeling today dede? I've been meaning to check in on you and see how you are doing. Thanks so much for all your encouraging words on my review :) Happy Healing!

I been trying to update but, RS has a mind of its...

I been trying to update but, RS has a mind of its own. Smh. It erased my review.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

It's been a week since my surgery. I'm doing so...

It's been a week since my surgery. I'm doing so much better Re: swelling, bruising, sleeping. Went back to work yeaterday and it was hard. I kept thinking that my butt was going to go flat but, thanks God is intact. Lol. I felt tire and sore at the end of the day. I walked a lot around the office. I think I lost some volume as expected but, I still love, love my results. I posted a before and 1 week after pic.

Hey Dede....hope your continuing to progress in your healing....giving you a little shout out xo
Look back at it!!!! Girlllll....that booty is PHAT!!! Beautuful!! You are one tough Sista going back to work so soon. I know it must be hard tho...did you walk around all day? Or did you occasionally sit on your thighs with a rolled up yoga mat or some type of pillow?
I walked around and used a rolled up yoga mat to sit. I couldn't sit or stand for long. It was hard but, I had to do it and I did. I was mentally prepared.

2 weeks post op

I'm feeling great. I had my check up last Friday 5/17. I'm healing nicely. My recovery has been better that what I expected. My back is still swollen and us still uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach. I can't stop looking at my self in the mirror lol. I love how I look in my clothes. I can't wait to get take this garmet off. Is starting to get on my nerve..lol. I got my stage 2 garmet. I will start wearing it at week 3.

Wonderful! Are you able to sit normally now and sleep on your back or is that at week 3?
LOOKING GOOD!! GOD BLESS AND SPEEDY RECOVERY.
Thank you....

16 days post op pix

Dede, how did you handle your first bowel movement with the garment?
Girl, I took it off...lol. Colace did nothing for me. I ended up taking prune juice. Works wonders
lol! Thanks babe

3 weeks post op pix wearing stage 2 garmet

I'm 3 weeks post op and I'm feeling great. I'm able to sleep through out the night but, is stil 'll umcomfortable. My back is stiff in the morning. It goes away when I'm on my feet. I'm still loving my results but,...... I think this stage 2 garmet makes me look a little flat. I posted some pix. I have hope that I'll able to keep a nice size after u stop wearing this garmet. I love how I look in clothes..lol. I think I mentioned it before.
Ladies, plz don't rash to buy new clothes until you now for sure your end result. I can now fit some of clothes that I could not fit a week after surgery. They look soooooooo good on me now. Happy healing to all my bbl sisters.

corrections on previous review

* I meant to say (don't rush) and (I stop wearing this garmet).

Girllll, you got shape for dayyyys in that dress. Love the scoop in your back. Your booty still pops out despite the extra compression. Definitely not a bit flat looking.....you and I both know flat lol (if you saw my pics, you know what I mean....a genuine flatty lol) Your flat card has been exchanged for the big booty card! Hey, you heard from BBDollie?
Lol... yes I know flat. I almost forgot what I looked like before. That's the stage 2 garmet and yes it provides extra compression on the butt. No haven't heard from BBDollie. I hope she's ok.
Haha.....that booty greed is no joke lol ok thanks, yea, me too...hopefully she'll come thru and give a lil shout out soon.

3 wks n 1 day post op

Some of the things I haven't mentioned are that my wais

cont of previous post

RS has a mind of its own. So, my waist is much smaller and my back is smooth. @ 3 I'm It feels like my booty is the same size before the swelling lol. Today it feels big. It's going to take some time getting use to my new booty. I'm already planning for my tummy tuck and arm lipo. With Dr. Schulman, of course.

Looking so good girl!!! What did you use for back stiffness. My lower back is super stiff. Thanks in advance!!
I used arnica montana gel and ice pack, specially at night really helped. I wraped the ice pack in a piece of cloths first. I hope this help. Walking also helped.
Thanks! The ice packs really help!!!

4 weeks post op pix

I can't believe it's been 4 weeks since my surgery. I'm feeling better and better eveyday. I only feel tightness in my back. My massage it as often as I can and it helps a lot. I decided to continue wearing my stage 1 garmet most of the time. Feels more comfortable to Me.
I am loving my results more and more. I feel Fabulous bbl sister. When I first came out of surgery, I did not want to get use to the attention from men and women..lol. I wanted to adjust to the idea of having beautiful curves. My family and coworkers love my results as well. They say that it looks like I was born with it... I told them, I was they were just underneth my fat.lol. I'm also posting my 4 wks pix. Happy healing everyone.

Pics did not post. Reposting

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

omg..trying to repost these pics

Shape for daysssss DeDe! So happy for you!

4 wks post op

4 wks p/o

Hmmm....BB was saying the same thing about the garment....she prefers the stage 1 with the butt out.

pix not posting :(. I'm going to try to repost more pix later

For some reasonmy pis are not posting. I will repost later.

Ok. Thanks DeDe!

More 4wks post op pix

4 wks op

You look amazing!! I have a consult with him in July and I can't wait. Take care.
Love your results!!! Inspiration for me, I consult with him tomorrow!!
That bootay! Looking glorious my sister :)

5 weeks post op pix

5 weeks already past since my surgery. Feeling 90 percent back to normal. The only thing I ccan't stand us the swelling on my back. It has gotten better, is does not feel as tight as before. It's just annoying. I'm now able to go 12 hours w/o the garmet. I am planning on using it for as long as I can. I think it helps keeps the swelling down. I am scheduled to see Dr. S on the 25th for my second post op f/u. I am alternating between my first and second (stage 2) garmet.

DeDe, your booty looks so right on you that I had to look back at your pre-op pics....what an amazing transformation!
Lol yes. I know. I never thought I could like this. Dr. S did an excellent job. I love my backside.
Look at that beautiful booty! So happy for you sis....your still my wish pic:))

Almost @ 6 weeks post op

You look nice. He got it in especially on that lipo to the triangle above the booty. Thats just how I want mine cleaned up.
Nice!!
POWW BABY

6 Wks post op pix

Feeling better and better every day. There are day I feel n think my butt has gone down some more. Other days, it feels like it's too big.....lol. Specially when I'm out in public n getting a lot of attention. This are my 6 wks post op pix.

You look fantastic. I'm meeting with Dr. S too. Werk girl!!
Great results! Whoa! #TeamSchulman
great results gurl!!

10 weeks post op

I know is been a while but, I needed time of from RS...lol. My back is still healing and it itches a lot. I stop losing volume at week 2 or 3. I love my results. I dont have think about what to wear anymore. Everything I wear looks fabs. The attention I get is ridiculous. ..lol. My frieds say that my butt looks round and juicy. I love all thus attention. I really had this surgery done for me and I would so ut again and again in a heart beat. I have downloaded some picS @ 10 weeks post op

Looking good. Keep updating
Nice booty!!!
Thanks

4 months p/o

It's been a while, I know. I had my surgery exactly 4 months ago today. I just needed some time away to focus on my recovery. I am 95% back to normal. I'm no longer swollen but , my back, were I had the lipo is still healing. I love how I look in my clothes. I feel all eyes on me when i walk down the street...lol. At this point , my butt shouldn't lose any volume. Honestly, I haven't lost much volume since about week 3. I love love trying clothes on. Specially dresses and skirts. I went away on vacation in July and August to my country. My familyamd whole town noticed I was looking very bootylicious....lol.

Thank you for sharing your story. I also had a consultation w/Schulman and if it weren't for you and his other patients candid shots I wouldn't believe he was the truth. Still have due diligence to do and go through a few more consults. If there was anyone else in NYC that you believe is worth speaking to, please do share. Congrats on your beautiful transformation.
Hey sis! Where did you get that tan thong garment you're wearing in your 16-day post-op pic?
Hey Dede *big smile* so happy to see you stop by bootyland! lol Your looking great! Aww:)) soooo happy for you! Wonderful that you were able to unveil all that bootyliciousnes in your country--fantastic!

5 months p/o

9 months post op

Hello bbl sistera. It's been a long time. But, I'm back to give you an update. I'm very, very satisfied with my results. I didn't lose a lot of volume. I look so good in anything I wear. Dr. Schulman is the best.

Omg. You look amazing. Dr. Shulman is on the money. Did you do your stomach. He got your waist smaller. I decided to just do the back. I was told the healing is better. I hope you continue to heal fabulously.
Wow I'm so inspired! I'm similar shape, you look amazing in the after pix
You look great! Did he lipo your thighs?
New York Plastic Surgeon