3 weeks after breast lift no implants, new pic

So I have wanted breast implants for quite a while...

So I have wanted breast implants for quite a while. I'm 44, have three kids ages 22, 19, and 15. My breasts got huge while pregnant and nursing and are now deflated but it has always been about putting my kids and family first. Now that kids are older and we are at a better place in our lives (been married 24 years), hubby and I decided to go ahead and get implants!

I was so excited going for my first consult. When I went in to see the dr.'s assistant for my first consult and sizing she looked at my breasts and said I was not a candidate for implants because I needed a full anchor lift first, I was soo disappointed even though I thought I might need a lift. The next day was my consult with the PS and he agreed that I have to much hang to do just implants and that he wants to do a two stage process. The anchor lift first and then a second surgery at least 3 months later to do the implants. The reason being with the amount of hang I have he wants to so a nice lift, let it heal up nicely without extra weight from implants and then do the implants later for a nice end result.

I did a lot of research after being told this and even though I would rather do them both at once I also don't want to jeopardize getting great results. I really like the PS and he has a great rep and great before and after pics, so hubby and I decided to go ahead and do the two staged process. We just need to finalize financing and I plan to schedule it for late January. Any advice ladies? I am just starting out and would live some advice and encouragement :-)

So I officially scheduled my breast lift for...

So I officially scheduled my breast lift for February 21st. I have to have had a mammogram within a year of surgery and I knew I had had one this year but wasn't sure when. Of course when I looked it up I found that I had it February 3 so I would be 3 weeks passed the one year mark on my surgery date. Thankfully I was able to schedule another one before surgery but after the one year mark so my insurance will still pay for it. I will have an anchor lift with no implants but plan to get implants at a later date once I'm healed and perky, unless I'm happy with the girls after just the lift. We will be financing some of the cost through Care Credit had anyone else used them? We had a super easy time with them up to this point. Now that I have a date and I'm good to go I will figure out how to put pics up of my girls before. Love reading about others experiences and I'm glad to add mine as well!

Less than two months until my BL, I am so excited!!

Less than two months until my BL, I am so excited!!

So now I am 4 weeks from my BL and I'm super...

So now I am 4 weeks from my BL and I'm super excited but nervous as well. I have my dr appt for blood work and clearance tomorrow. What type of bra would those who have had a lift suggest for after? I see some say a sport bra but would I get one that opens in the front? Any other advice is welcome!

I had a mammogram yesterday that my PS needed...

I had a mammogram yesterday that my PS needed before doing my lift and I got a call today saying they saw a shadow in my left breast and I needed to go back for another mammo.. Total fear is all I can say.. I have two cousins both in their 40's that have breast cancer and both had mastectomies in the past year..so I desolved into tears and went back in this afternoon for another one and patiently waited for the results which were fine!!! They said there was an overlap or something on the first one. I am so relieved but I cried all the way home.. Partly from relief but mostly for those ladies, like my cousins, that do not get the result that I did and their lives are changed in that moment.

I'm excited to only have 3 more sleeps until I get...

I'm excited to only have 3 more sleeps until I get to be perky again! I added a few new pics, so e in a bikini top so that I can compare the after look. Got my meds picked up already too.. Yippee!

Ok my lift is done! I am still wrapped up tight so...

Ok my lift is done! I am still wrapped up tight so I haven't seem them yet( other than peeking a little to make sure I still have two nipples :-) he put a drain on each side near my armpit. I go in at 11 today for removal of those and I can't wait to see them! The pain has been very minimal, I have just used Advil except when I went to bed I took a painkiller just because I was worried I wouldn't sleep. I think I read someone else compare the feeling to very engorged breast when breast feeding, that is exactly how I would describe it as well, uncomfortable but manageable.. Only the day after though so we will see.

Two weeks today and I am healing nicely!

Two weeks today and I am healing nicely!

One year after anchor lift, adding some implants!

So I have decide after waiting almost a year that I do want the upper pole fullness and to get a larger chest. So I had my consultation today to choose a size. The 475 cc looked best on my frame. I am 5' 8, 150 pounds. I was told it would probably make me a full D. I will post pictures and would love thoughts on what you all think about how the 475 sizers looked on me.

Pics of before anchor lift and now 9 months later

Thought I would add pica of what I looked like before I had the lift and how I look now. Better I know but def missing the upper fullness and could def be more perky. So hoping for a full D.

Found online and really liked what he had for information and pictures. Will give a better rating after.

Wonderful one year progress !! You look great xo
From my comments you should be all done now?? How are you feeling? Did everything go well? Thinking of you :)
Yes I'm done! I have another review dedicated fully to my BA as well as this one about my lift, so I did post some pics on the other review if you wNt to take a look :-) I'm on 2 days post op, it went really well, not a lot of pain mostly super tight and sore, they are seriously up under my chin and it feels funny/uncomfortable. I had my day after follow up yesterday and was given some implant mobility exercises that I need to do 3 times a day..yikes..boy pleasant bit I know they need help dropping into the pocket. Thank you for thinking about me and I look forward to hearing about yours, and feel free to ask any questions now that I'm on the other side :-)
I think the 475 look great on you, and your lift turned out great too! I bet you will love your results and can't wait to hear how it goes!!
Thanks!
You are going to look amazing with implants!! If you like the 475cc you should go the next size up. Believe me!! Wish I did. Wishing you the best.
Thanks! Yours look great! I am going with the 525cc silicone mod under the muscle. I'm hoping for a nice full DD :-)
Great progress so far..looking forward to seeing how we both get on with our BA's :-)
I think the sizers look great on u. U r going to love the upper pole fullness!! How exciting!
Getting a lift on Tuesday. Your results are beautiful and now I am more anxious for mine. I too want upper pole fullness but hoping the lift will be sufficient. What size were you prior to lift and after? Your sizers look like a perfect fit. Best of luck :)
Hi there, I was a 35 c/d depending on the bra but the girls would spill out if I bent over. Now they are a C but again the upper fullness isnt there but I'm happy with them not hanging down anymore. I looked at your profile and I think you will have great results with a lift as you already have nice volume. What kind of lift are you having? Best of luck to you!
I meant 34 not 35...
My dr is aiming for just a vertical lift, but may modify this once he is in there to somewhat of an anchor lift. I told him I wanted them to stay high after surgery. I shared that I was concerned I would really like them at first , but then they would settle as healing went on and fear I would be disappointed.
I figured :)
Hi, I was similar. Prior to any of my surgeries I was a deflated 34 C. My girls spilled out of my bras anytime I bent over as well. I just had my final surgery on January 14th. Had 375cc HP removed and replaced with 325cc Mod profile Sientra Gel. Current bra size is 34ddd/36dd. Good luck to you! :)
Hi there, you look great :)
Hi suzi, thanks for your post! My breasts are similar to yours in appearance pre-op and I have been on the fence about implants. I don't really want them. I am happy with my size 34D at VS (a C anywhere else haha). My doc told me I would lose a cup size without implants which has me a little depressed but looking at your results makes me feel a little better. The doc I am scheduled with does a good job on breasts so I trust him and will live with being smaller if I have to...it may just be a padded bra here I come :) but maybe he will be able to give me a result similar to yours. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Get a few more opinions. Two out of the for doctors I met with said I would not go down in size. The doctor shouldn't be removing breast tissue if you don't want him/her to. After my lift I am only slightly smaller, but only because of the skin that was removed. I still fit the bras I was wearing before the surgery.
Thanks kam, he did say he wont remove breast tissue just excess skin. I am pretty deflated so I cant imagine I wont be smaller without the extra skin. I think I might see a difference in size I'm just hoping its not a full cup size as he suggested. Are u the same size post as u were pre lift?
Yes, I am pretty much the same size. Pre-op I was a very full 32DD, afterwards I am a full 32DD. I didn't post pictures here, but my doctor did. I am #4 on this page http://www.williambrunomd.com/photo-gallery/breast/breast-lift/
Very nice. Seeing the difference makes me excited about my own upcoming surgery. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for size, thanks for the peek :)
Hi livinginMA, thank you for you nice comments. I am happy with them still, it will be 11 weeks Thursday. I don't have the upper pole fullness that implants give but I am just really happy that they stay in my bra when I bend over and don't end up in my armpits when I lay down :-) I would say I am a little smaller but like kamjcb said, I still fit into my pre surgery bras but I would say I am more of a C but the firmness makes up for size to me. I will post a current picture later on tonight so you can see how they look now. And like you said a great push up bra does wonders!
You did get a lot of lift w/o an implant. I did do a full anchor with a small saline implant to try to keep me at lest a full C cup. I have pics posted on my profile (also had liposuction). Lookin' great!
I looked at your pics, you do look great! I am happy with my lift its great to be perky again! :-) good luck on your continued healing
Thank you! I'll be posting 3 week pics tomorrow. Still all taped up but gettin' there! You too!