3 weeks after breast lift no implants, new pic

So I have wanted breast implants for quite a while...

So I have wanted breast implants for quite a while. I'm 44, have three kids ages 22, 19, and 15. My breasts got huge while pregnant and nursing and are now deflated but it has always been about putting my kids and family first. Now that kids are older and we are at a better place in our lives (been married 24 years), hubby and I decided to go ahead and get implants!

I was so excited going for my first consult. When I went in to see the dr.'s assistant for my first consult and sizing she looked at my breasts and said I was not a candidate for implants because I needed a full anchor lift first, I was soo disappointed even though I thought I might need a lift. The next day was my consult with the PS and he agreed that I have to much hang to do just implants and that he wants to do a two stage process. The anchor lift first and then a second surgery at least 3 months later to do the implants. The reason being with the amount of hang I have he wants to so a nice lift, let it heal up nicely without extra weight from implants and then do the implants later for a nice end result.

I did a lot of research after being told this and even though I would rather do them both at once I also don't want to jeopardize getting great results. I really like the PS and he has a great rep and great before and after pics, so hubby and I decided to go ahead and do the two staged process. We just need to finalize financing and I plan to schedule it for late January. Any advice ladies? I am just starting out and would live some advice and encouragement :-)

Congratulations on embarking on this journey! I'm glad you have the support of your husband. I hope you'll keep us posted.

So I officially scheduled my breast lift for...

So I officially scheduled my breast lift for February 21st. I have to have had a mammogram within a year of surgery and I knew I had had one this year but wasn't sure when. Of course when I looked it up I found that I had it February 3 so I would be 3 weeks passed the one year mark on my surgery date. Thankfully I was able to schedule another one before surgery but after the one year mark so my insurance will still pay for it. I will have an anchor lift with no implants but plan to get implants at a later date once I'm healed and perky, unless I'm happy with the girls after just the lift. We will be financing some of the cost through Care Credit had anyone else used them? We had a super easy time with them up to this point. Now that I have a date and I'm good to go I will figure out how to put pics up of my girls before. Love reading about others experiences and I'm glad to add mine as well!
Welcome & thanks for sharing. I used Care Credit & generally they offer deals thru your PS for a year or two no interest. Good luck to you. My lift is Dec 27th.
I used care credit for the doctor (4,500). And then had to put the surgical centers payment on my credit card (1,500)

Less than two months until my BL, I am so excited!!

Less than two months until my BL, I am so excited!!
How exciting! I just had my lift 10 days ago. Recovery has so far been smooth (knocking on wood). I did have implants. I did not feel I could get the result I wanted for size wigh my tissue alone. I didn't have much as I was a "B" before surgery. I was made aware of the risks of having the implants at the same time as lift. I made a personal decision to go ahead and have both at once. For me, it worked out great. And for that I am grateful. I completely understand your decision to separate them. It is a serious decision. I also used Care Credit. I have read many many many negative reviews about them but all related to promotional rate and monthly payment issues. So since I intend to pay it off early anyway I always make a much larger than minimum payment. That way I have no worries about them sneaking in a higher APR for late payments or longer than promotional period interest. Congrats to you on your decision. Hope all goes well :)
I had just a lift last March. I was told the same thing about doing the lift and implants separately. I love the results. Now, I'm not sure I'm still interested in the implants. I plan on going in for another consultation, but quite honestly I'll probably skip them. With the price, the potential complications and the near certainty of having them redone - it's a tough sell when I see my perky boobs in the mirror. My big fear is severe complications that would ruin the lift. The recovery was easier than expected. I was pretty tired for about 2 weeks. I had very little pain and was back at work 4 days later. Being a stomach sleeper is a challenge. After a week, my doctor said I could sleep on my side. That helped, but I kept rolling over in my sleep which was painful and woke me up. I found that putting a pillow in front of my stomach helped keep me from rolling on to my stomach.
Thank you for this information it's very helpful. Do you have a profile on here with before and after pictures? Can you tell me what size you were before and then after? I'm worried about being smaller after. I appreciate the support!

So now I am 4 weeks from my BL and I'm super...

So now I am 4 weeks from my BL and I'm super excited but nervous as well. I have my dr appt for blood work and clearance tomorrow. What type of bra would those who have had a lift suggest for after? I see some say a sport bra but would I get one that opens in the front? Any other advice is welcome!
good luck! ask your dr what kind of bra you need. i wore a underwire but thats what my dr recommended.
I am wearing the bra the doctor gave me on and off, it is really quite comfortable. I am one week post-op today. I also have been wearing a Barely There back close bra that I had prior to surgery. It is a bit small since I am still a bit swollen. I have no trouble doing the clasp in the back. I go on Thursday for my removal of stitches!
I got a couple of bras a Kohls. They are made by Bali and they are similar to a sports bra but more comfy. I had a lift with implants and I had to wear the front close sports bra for a few weeks but it was uncomfortable so my PS let me switch as long as it didn't have wire. I'm almost 6 weeks out so hopefully I get to "graduate" to a real bra soon! Good luck! You will be glad you did it! I'm 50 and wish I could have done it sooner:)

I had a mammogram yesterday that my PS needed...

I had a mammogram yesterday that my PS needed before doing my lift and I got a call today saying they saw a shadow in my left breast and I needed to go back for another mammo.. Total fear is all I can say.. I have two cousins both in their 40's that have breast cancer and both had mastectomies in the past year..so I desolved into tears and went back in this afternoon for another one and patiently waited for the results which were fine!!! They said there was an overlap or something on the first one. I am so relieved but I cried all the way home.. Partly from relief but mostly for those ladies, like my cousins, that do not get the result that I did and their lives are changed in that moment.
Sounds like what happened to me right before my procedure! I am happy all is well, and you can proceed!

I'm excited to only have 3 more sleeps until I get...

I'm excited to only have 3 more sleeps until I get to be perky again! I added a few new pics, so e in a bikini top so that I can compare the after look. Got my meds picked up already too.. Yippee!
It's 4:40am and I am ready to go... Feeling nervous, but also excited! Surgery is at 7:30, wish me well and thank you for all the encouragement!
I had a lift and implants......it's so cool to bend over in the shower and no step on my boobs :) everything will be fine it's really not that bad and the results will be soooo worth it. Take care will be thing of you. I just heard back from Dr. Fuentes so I may be on my way in may...woo hoo
Good luck! Will be thinking about you! Can't wait to see your new girls!

Ok my lift is done! I am still wrapped up tight so...

Ok my lift is done! I am still wrapped up tight so I haven't seem them yet( other than peeking a little to make sure I still have two nipples :-) he put a drain on each side near my armpit. I go in at 11 today for removal of those and I can't wait to see them! The pain has been very minimal, I have just used Advil except when I went to bed I took a painkiller just because I was worried I wouldn't sleep. I think I read someone else compare the feeling to very engorged breast when breast feeding, that is exactly how I would describe it as well, uncomfortable but manageable.. Only the day after though so we will see.
You look amazing , you have a lot of volume. wish mine were like that.
How is your pain?
My pain is very minimal, it's more of an uncomfortable feeling like they are engorged with breast milk if you ever had that feeling. I have just taken Advil as needed and I have taken a pain med at night but really only to help me sleep not for the pain relief. I have to go back to work tomorrow so I'm glad it's been manageable.

Two weeks today and I am healing nicely!

Two weeks today and I am healing nicely!
Hi there, you look great :)
Hi suzi, thanks for your post! My breasts are similar to yours in appearance pre-op and I have been on the fence about implants. I don't really want them. I am happy with my size 34D at VS (a C anywhere else haha). My doc told me I would lose a cup size without implants which has me a little depressed but looking at your results makes me feel a little better. The doc I am scheduled with does a good job on breasts so I trust him and will live with being smaller if I have to...it may just be a padded bra here I come :) but maybe he will be able to give me a result similar to yours. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Get a few more opinions. Two out of the for doctors I met with said I would not go down in size. The doctor shouldn't be removing breast tissue if you don't want him/her to. After my lift I am only slightly smaller, but only because of the skin that was removed. I still fit the bras I was wearing before the surgery.

One year after anchor lift, adding some implants!

So I have decide after waiting almost a year that I do want the upper pole fullness and to get a larger chest. So I had my consultation today to choose a size. The 475 cc looked best on my frame. I am 5' 8, 150 pounds. I was told it would probably make me a full D. I will post pictures and would love thoughts on what you all think about how the 475 sizers looked on me.
Getting a lift on Tuesday. Your results are beautiful and now I am more anxious for mine. I too want upper pole fullness but hoping the lift will be sufficient. What size were you prior to lift and after? Your sizers look like a perfect fit. Best of luck :)
Hi there, I was a 35 c/d depending on the bra but the girls would spill out if I bent over. Now they are a C but again the upper fullness isnt there but I'm happy with them not hanging down anymore. I looked at your profile and I think you will have great results with a lift as you already have nice volume. What kind of lift are you having? Best of luck to you!
I meant 34 not 35...

Pics of before anchor lift and now 9 months later

Thought I would add pica of what I looked like before I had the lift and how I look now. Better I know but def missing the upper fullness and could def be more perky. So hoping for a full D.
Wonderful one year progress !! You look great xo
From my comments you should be all done now?? How are you feeling? Did everything go well? Thinking of you :)
Yes I'm done! I have another review dedicated fully to my BA as well as this one about my lift, so I did post some pics on the other review if you wNt to take a look :-) I'm on 2 days post op, it went really well, not a lot of pain mostly super tight and sore, they are seriously up under my chin and it feels funny/uncomfortable. I had my day after follow up yesterday and was given some implant mobility exercises that I need to do 3 times a day..yikes..boy pleasant bit I know they need help dropping into the pocket. Thank you for thinking about me and I look forward to hearing about yours, and feel free to ask any questions now that I'm on the other side :-)

Found online and really liked what he had for information and pictures. Will give a better rating after.