Lipo in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi guys, I researched and contemplated for about 4...

Hi guys, I researched and contemplated for about 4 years and now have actually done it!!!

Thought I'd post this for those of you like me. I am an Australia who has come up to KL to see a world renowned surgeon with expertise in this field.

For years I attended cycle classes and body pump - in fact at stages I have been an exercise addict. If I couldn't make the gym it was close to the world ending. Despite this, and costly personal trainers,I could not achieve the results I wanted and rid the line of fat on my inner thigh, saddlebags on the outer and back of hips. In fact exercise just developed the muscle underneath, making the fat pocket pop out more. Diet made my face look haggard and achieved comments of concern from others as to whether I was well.

Has lipo fixed it? Absolutely! I couldn't be happier. I had 3 1/2 litres removed (wanted more but the surgeon said that was max for me). In the end he took it off my legs, hips and stomach (the latter to allow my muscle tone to show through).

I am now 7 days post surgery and feel great. Day 1-3 was a nightmare - very painful, but on the positive side, those of you with good muscle development will manage well because you need a strong core to get up off the bed and move around.

I had 8 incission sights and was told that I would awake with drains - alas no drains! Again those of you who are exceptionally fit will most likely bounce back quicker and come through well.

I was prepared for pain but under estimated the swelling and fluid retention - both from the body and what is injected in to dissolve the fat. My thighs and stomach are rock hard as a result but I am told this will go down with time.

Yesterday everything started to itch. Today I feel as if my skin is reattaching to the muscle and everything burns and feels tight. Bruising has gone down through using Anica (both orally and topical cream.) On day one I was midnight blue from the knee to my chest, I am now muted shades of yellow, red and blue.

I feel fantastic and after just one week could return to work (although I have another off before travelling home). For any of you still contemplating, the results are worth just 1 week of inconvenience. Well worth it.

My word of advice, though, research your surgeon well. You pay a little more for expertise and excellence that is well worth it in the end. (Believe it or not I came here because I couldn't find anybody I was comfortable with in my Aussie state) Good luck. Will try to post photos later.

Dr Abdul Jalil

Faultless. Dr is very Europeanised Malay. Has trained in Australia and London. A rare personality - the type of guy you'd have in your home for dinner or want to sit next to on a plane (Oprah springs to mind - similarly personable) precise by nature, disciplined and highly skilled surgeon. I'm a fussy customer and he met every one of my expectations. By the way, I got breast work done too - fantastic!

Hi...I'm very keen on vaser on my whole leg and abdomen...where can I find dr.abdul jalil?
You will find Dr Jalil at KPJ Ampang Puteri Specialist Centre in KL. Address: no 1 Jalan Mamanda 9, Taman Dato Ahmed Razali 68000 Ampang, Selangor Danul Ehsan, Malyasia. Email for the hospital is apsh@apsh.kpjhealth.com.my

Good luck.

Hi anon3087 -- Welcome to RealSelf! Congrats on finally "taking the plunge" and having surgery. :) How are you feeling?