PO day 4 still no pain and feeling great!! 66 and going for it! Fleur de Lis with lipo

I have been so impressed with all the information,...

I have been so impressed with all the information, humor, and the general feeling that we are all in this togeather that I have I decided to join the ranks. As I said I am 66, older than most doing this so I thought I might help someone else who is in the "later in life" group.

My story starts with my teens when I dieted to keep a job modeling clothes and I believe that started me on the road to my "ups and downs" I weighed 118 then and when I was married at 22 I weighed 125...then came two wonderful girls and with each of them I added more to the bottom line. During my 30's I dieted and then gained...dieted again and regained some more!

See where this is going?

I have kept my weight down to around 160 for the past 8 years and have exercised constantly with no results on the mid section. I have wanted to have a TT for the lingest time but never had either the money or the courage. Well NOW I HAVE BOTH!!!! My husband of 44 years thinks "why bother at your age" but I have decided to ignore him and go for it!

I have a wonderful friend who will go with me to the hospital and stay the nite in the hotel with me after. She will check in on me every day after I get home so I do not have to rely on the naysayer , although I have to say here that he wants me to do whatever I feel is necessary to make me happy...his main concern is "is it safe" Well every operation has its risks but I am willing to take them at this point. (check the pictures and you will see why)

I have learned so much from all of you, so first ...

I have learned so much from all of you, so first I want to thank everyone! I have been so up and down about doing this, but having checked in with all of you over the past week so I feel a lot more prepared. This has been a huge decision for me particularly at my age. I think..why bother putting myself thru all of the pain and recovery when most women of my age don't look much better than I do, but then I think I want to look and feel my best and right now I don't. My stomach is very uncomfortable stuffed into my pants and I want to bend over again!!
My pre op is on October 30th and now I can't wait. I am going for the best result as this is a one time only for me, so I am having an extended tummy tuck along with a vertical incesion up thru my BB to just under my bra line (called a Fleur de Lis) it will look like an anchor when done. I am also having lipo of the flanks and upper torso. The Dr said by doing the Fleur de Lis operation I will have a flatter stomach and no more roll above. He better be right is all I have to say!
I am doing all I can before the pre-op...taking vitamin C, a multi vitamin, drinking losts of water and loosing a few pounds. My weight has been the same for 8 years and it has been very hard to budge. I have however, lost 4 lbs in the past two weeks so there!
I am so glad I have you all to talk to because I don't really want to discuss my goals and fears with my husband and the only other people who know about my TT is my two daughters and my best friend. They dont want to hear about my TT all the time and for some reason that is all I think about right now.
I won't write again untill I have my pre-op visit but I will check in with all of you to see how you are doing!

I will update with new pictures later today but I...

I will update with new pictures later today but I wanted to tell you all how easy this has been so far! My operation took around 5hours ( Fleur de Lis with lipo to the upper torso and flanks with a bit to the breasts) In the recovery room I was quite loopy but without pain when I woke up. they made me eat a cracker and drink some ginger ale...I kept it down without any nausea. I went back to the hotel room and caused quite a laugh for my friend because I went down the hall like a drunk, hanging onto the wall and kept saying I am fine I can do this....she was afraid someone would report me!!!! I laid down with all the pillows and promptly fell asleep...slept for 4 hours. When I woke up I ate some canned pears and few crackers took my pills and watched TV and talked till 8 and then went right to sleep....still no pain! I did wake up at 3 but only because I had to pee and I wanted to add pillows under my back ( my back ached a bit, I guess from being on it for so long). On PO day one I went back so the PS could check everything over and release me....things looked good, so we drove 2 hours home. Oh we did stop at Subway and I went in and ate at a table with no problem. When I got home I took a shower..no problem..put on my pjs and took a nap. I ate ceral with banana, watched TV for a bit took my pills ( no pain meds) and went to sleep around 10 and only had to get up at 3:30 to pee. I did change from the recliner to the couch and went right back to sleep untill 6:30this morning. STILL NO PAIN!!! I do have a pulling feeling when I try to stand up straight and My incisions have a slight burning feeling when I am moving. I hate to jinx myself by saying this as I know things can change quickly but this has been a breeze so far!!!!!!! I also want to thank all of you for the support you have shown, you made me feel as if we were in this together.

Hi again..I said earlier I would update the...

Hi again..I said earlier I would update the pictures to show my post op body. I am swollen but have no pain or soreness in fact I have not taken pain meds only Celebrex, arnica and Norflex (a muscle relaxant) havent even taken an extra strength Tylenol. I dont want to jinx myself but this has been so much easier than I ever thought it would be. I can stand "almost" upright but feel a tightness and some pulling so I straighten up just enough to relieve my back. Actually the back soreness hasnt been too bad, only the first night when I had to sleep in a bed after being on the operating table for so long. I slept in the recliner untill 3 last nite but moved to the down cushioned couch and slept beautifully. The only problem I had was getting up off it in the morning. (couch is low but our bed is sooo much higher I dont think I can get on it without trouble. If you look at the after pictures see if you can find my belly button....I had a hard time locating it....I think it will be very small when all is healed. I am quite swollen and hope to have a bit more of a defined waist but even if nothing changes I am thrilled!!! I will post again tomorrow to let you know how everything is progressing.

Well I have made it to day 4 with no pain or...

Well I have made it to day 4 with no pain or discomfort. I am swollen and have started to itch a bit but that is it!!! I still have not taken any pain meds. I can't believe how lucky I have been...wow I should have put that in all caps. I truly think I owe it all to my PS Dr Verne Weisberg and Dr Carrie Frederick the anethesologist. I would recommend them to anyone with no hesitation!!! I also have to add that the staff from the receptionist to the nursing staff are the best of the best.
I am having a hard time trying to behave myself and not do too much because I feel so good. I have done a few household chores and walked around but go right back to the recliner to put on the ice PAC and rest. Iam sleeping thru the nite in my own bed And have been since day 2 I will have to say I find myself a bit tired after any activity...my body tells me it has been thru a lot even tho I don't feel like I have.
I hope My recovery is encouragement to other possible TT patients in the older category, remember I am 66 , I do have to add that I am in very good physical condition for my age and take no meds other than vitamins and a glucosamine supplement for my shoulders
Portland Plastic Surgeon

I did a lot of research on line about TT's and board certified Dr's...this man scored high in all my areas of concern. I had a consultation with him and immediatedly felt he was the one!

Hey there, just wanted to check on you. I am also having the fluer-de-lis and was wondering how your scar is healing?! Any advice on how to take care of such a huge incision?
You look fantastic! I am 48 and always like ready posts of those of us over 30. Not sure I will be wearing a bikini, but feeling good in my own skin will be reward enough. Keep posting.
Looking great :)
you look brilliant well done im 50 and due a tt with mr and lipo on th 25 soooo nervous but reading your experience has helped me thankyou and happy healing
WOWZA! You look so different, you look great. Can u imagine how much more you will change when the swelling goes away. It only gets better from here on in, congratulations!
Hi, your looking fab. Well done you... it seems to have been a breeze for you. Continued happy healing. Suzi...
I found your bb! You look great and congratulations on your post-op recovery. I'm 1 week post op today and feeling very well too.
well done, good for you having it done, your results look fab xx
Hi well done I am day 15 from having a fleur di lis and I agree absolute breeze so far, my friends can't believe I had major surgery 2 weeks ago, I have been resting when I need to and I'm not doing too much too soon, but I have no pain at all, I have started scar treatment which feels strange but ok, I'm so happy with the results and I'm sure you will be too xx
Wow windswept, I am so happy you are doing well, you are amazing. I can't imagine walking on my own right after my surgery. I was really not in pain either, and I think someone said on here, that our age may have something to do with it. Happy Healing, enjoy!
i had no pain either! maybe we 'oldies' have a better tolerance! im4 weeks PO and feeling great!!!!
Hi there! Hope all continues to go well for you! I am 62 years old and had my surgery on October 19th. Doing well and feeling fine with just a slight complication. Had the drain removed after a week but then fluid started to reaccumulate, so I had to have the drain reinserted, which had to be done in the OR. Very minor procedure. I am at day 26 and hoping to have the drain removed in a few days. I am super thrilled with my results. I am at a great weight and that horrible kangaroo pouch is GONE! Good luck with your recovery!
Hey hope everything went ok today I'm post op day 14 and feeling fantastic I have no regrets at all, I just wish I'd have done it Years ago xx
Hey there I am also having a fleur di lis I am booked in on October 29 th I really can't wait I've wanted it and needed it for the last 10 years, this site is amazing you learn so much on here, my husband is very supportive but I try not to talk about it all the time even though I think of nothing else 24/7 . Good luck I'm hoping to post pics soon x
GOOD LUCK my thoughts and prayers are with you! Yes, please post pictures and tell about your experience, I will be so interested as I am having the same done on November 12th
Wow I am so excited for you! One of my clients had a TT last year, at the age of 63, and she was thrilled to bits about it all. She healed extremely well and bragged openly about it :) I know exactly what you mean about thinking about the TT non-stop. I have never blogged in my LIFE and I could not stay off this site in the weeks before, and 2 weeks after my surgery (I am Day 18 po now.) I am finally getting too busy to live on here again, but what an incredible comfort to have this place to talk and vent and ask questions and browse and look at pictures. It scratches an itch that nothing else can! I can't wait to see your "after" pictures
I am with you..I have NEVER blogged or even done much with e-mail untill I decided to have a TT. I researched every site I could find on TT's and found this one....and you are right, I am living on it. I check in every morning and nite, talk about addiction! I will certainly post "after" pictures...I have not gotten over my embarrassment of posting the before pictures but once they went into cyberspace I am now committed.
No way! The before pictures are the only way we can believe you! Otherwise we will just think you are really Bo Derek in "10" !! And just pretending that you got a tummy tuck!! :)
I'm 55 and scheduled for my TT December 21. I love this site and I'm reading posts everyday. The only people I've told is of course my husband and my daughter. I'm really looking forward to the results but not the pain. In January I had a rhinoplasty and in August I had eye lid surgery. I'm not growing old gracefully, I'm fighting it every step of the way. Please keep us posted, love to hear about your surgery. Best of luck. I will be praying for you.
I just had eyelid surgery last Friday, and already I'm seeing a difference. Its not a.dramatic difference, but they do look better. Next is tt, and that's all folks ;)
Thank you so much for your support! I will indeed post my recovery as I think the TT world needs to hear from us "over the hill" ladies. And all the best to you on your "date" with TT.
Hi, your tummy does'nt look any different than mine, or some other gals on this site. I think we all feel the same as you do, that's why we're in this together, lol...Don't be embarrassed of yourself, you will look amazing afterward, so I am told. My surgery is on Nov. 5th, not to far away. I am 53 with two adult children, and a nine year old. Our husbands sound alike, mine tells me he is not supportive of what I am doing, but he will do what ever I need to be happy.
I am so glad we are all in this togeather...I dont think I could have gone ahead totally on my own. This site has been a lifesaver! My husband is not really with this but I think it is because he is worried about my safety. He also thinks we are a bit "over the hill" so why bother. It sounds like you are a confident go getter...more power to you! Good Luck!!
Welcome and good luck! This is truly an amazing group, so supportive and fun. I say good for you for doing what will make you happy....we are only as old as we feel....the number is just that...a number!
Thank you for your support...it means a lot! I don't know what I would have done if I had not found this site. I have been so up and down but reading the posts from all of you has made it so much better.